News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Nearly All Special Formatting - Copy-Pastable Notation for NotePad Users - 1.4

Started by Lkjhgfdsa_77, November 30, 2016, 06:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Nearly All Special Formatting
Copy-Pastable Notation for NotePad Users
Version 1.4

|                 |
V Download V

Using MuseScore I have created a .mus file containing many notations that are impossible to notate directly in Finale NotePad. Using this file you can easily copy-paste special notation into your arrangement without the need for someone with a higher Finale product.

If anyone has any requests I could do my best to add them in, and anyone that has a higher Finale product that would like to add anything in are free to do so!

Version 1.4 contains -
- accurate and consistent names
 - 8 types of grace notes, from 1 to 4 before/after the note
 - 12 different types of noteheads as well as "small notes"
 - 1-4-lined tremolo, one and two note
 - sharpandahalf, etc.
 - sforzando-like notations
 - "plus sign" augmentation (left hand pizz for strings, not sure for other instruments)
 - all of the mordents
 - lifts, pauses, and glissandos
 - functional (!) repeat signs and first-third ending markers
 - finer and broader note durations, from 128th (semihemidemisemiquaver) up to a quadruple whole note (long) (quadruple note is rendered same as double note but works as intended)
 - redirections (D.C./D.S al Fine/Coda) both with and without functional repeats
 - finicky, but usable clef changes
 - many types of cross-staff beaming
 - almost all notation available in all 4 layers (except for articulations reproducible after one instance is copy-pasted in)
[close]

Legacy Versions -
Version 1.3.3 -
- Download NASF v1.3.3
 - 12 different types of noteheads
 - sharpandahalf, etc.
 - "plus sign" augmentation (left hand pizz for strings, not sure for other instruments)
 - all of the mordents
 - finer and broader note durations, from 128th (semihemidemisemiquaver) up to a quadruple whole note (long) (quadruple note is rendered same as double note but works as intended)
 - finicky, but usable clef changes
[close]
Version 1.3.1
- Download NASF v1.3.1
 - sharpandahalf, etc.
 - all of the mordents
[close]
Version 1.3 -
- Download NASF v1.3
 - sharpandahalf, etc.
 - all of the mordents
 - redirections (D.C./D.S al Fine/Coda)
[close]
Version 1.2 -
- Download NASP v1.2
 - sharpandahalf, etc.
 - all of the mordents
[close]
Version 1.1 -
- Download NASP v1.1
 - 3 types of grace notes, from 1 to 4 before the note
 - functional (!) repeat signs (not sure if these will copy)
 - 13 different types of note heads
 - sharpandahalf, etc.
 - up and down bow markings
 - all of the mordents
 - redirections (D.C./D.S al Fine/Coda)
[close]
[close]
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Version 1.2 of NASP is now available -
 - now in semi-correct NSM formatting
 - 8va removed from front and now with other "#va"s in a separate section
 - more types of grace notes
 - functional repeat signs moved to new section
 - condensed special noteheads
 - removed unnecessary eighth notes (some special dynamics didn't show up in Finale)
 - added two glissando styles (these are smart shapes and will not follow the notes automatically)
 - added first-third endings
 - removed D.C./D.S al Fine/Coda by accident

btw its called nasp with a p because formatting starts with a p
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Version 1.3 of NASF is now available -
 - changed shortened name to more accurately reference full name
 - more systems per page
 - smaller note intervals, up to 128th (semihemidemisemiquaver) instead of NotePad's 32nd (demisemiquaver)
 - moved repeats and special barlines into own section apart from ending marks, I had trouble with deleting the ending marks without deleting the repeat itself on NASP v1.2
 - brought back redirections (D.C./D.S al Fine/Coda)

If someone wants to put this on NSM Resources that would be great, I think that this can be helpful to NotePad users and take a small load off of the formatting / layout edit request thread.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

AwesomeYears

British notation is for the stronk. Saying 128th sounds lazy like Yankee Doodle playing Americans.

Brassman388

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Version 1.3.1 of NASF is now available -
 - changed title of sheet to match the official name; "Notation" is more accurate but "NASN" cannot be said as one English syllable
 - created a copy of the redirections with repeat signs

Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on January 07, 2017, 02:02:11 PMIf someone wants to put this on NSM Resources that would be great, I think that this can be helpful to NotePad users and take a small load off of the formatting / layout edit request thread.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Dudeman

Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on January 07, 2017, 02:02:11 PMIf someone wants to put this on NSM Resources that would be great, I think that this can be helpful to NotePad users and take a small load off of the formatting / layout edit request thread.
I gotchu
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Version 1.3.3 of NASF is now available -
 - added longer notes, now up to a quadruple whole note (long)
 - added clef changes, very finicky but still works fine

When using the clef changes, I strongly recommend using a "sandbox" file to create the intended changes and then copy-paste the formatted material over to the arrangement.

Version 1.3.2 of NASF only added the longer notes but I didn't put it up because of timing. Clef changes are very useful so this update got a priority boost from me.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Version 1.4 of NASF is now available -
 - lots of cross-staff beaming added, with beam in middle, top, and bottom of notes
 - "small notes" added (press R to switch between note and rest)
 - almost all notation is now usable in all 4 layers (except for articulations reproducible after one instance is copy-pasted in)

As with the clef changes, I strongly recommend using a sandbox file to remove the unneeded voices and move the notes around. For some reason, the two whole note tremolo will lose the tremolo mark when edited in a measure that it takes up completely (hence why they are in 6/4 measures), so edit them in the NASF file and don't save changes.

There were a couple of intermediary changes adding the cross-staff beaming, but because of a new sheet I arranged I decided to put the notation on other layers and share that.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77