Started by Lkjhgfdsa_77, November 30, 2016, 06:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Nearly All Special Formatting
Copy-Pastable Notation for NotePad Users
Version 1.4

|                 |
V Download V

Using MuseScore I have created a .mus file containing many notations that are impossible to notate directly in Finale NotePad. Using this file you can easily copy-paste special notation into your arrangement without the need for someone with a higher Finale product.

If anyone has any requests I could do my best to add them in, and anyone that has a higher Finale product that would like to add anything in are free to do so!

Version 1.4 contains -
- accurate and consistent names
 - 8 types of grace notes, from 1 to 4 before/after the note
 - 12 different types of noteheads as well as "small notes"
 - 1-4-lined tremolo, one and two note
 - sharpandahalf, etc.
 - sforzando-like notations
 - "plus sign" augmentation (left hand pizz for strings, not sure for other instruments)
 - all of the mordents
 - lifts, pauses, and glissandos
 - functional (!) repeat signs and first-third ending markers
 - finer and broader note durations, from 128th (semihemidemisemiquaver) up to a quadruple whole note (long) (quadruple note is rendered same as double note but works as intended)
 - redirections (D.C./D.S al Fine/Coda) both with and without functional repeats
 - finicky, but usable clef changes
 - many types of cross-staff beaming
 - almost all notation available in all 4 layers (except for articulations reproducible after one instance is copy-pasted in)
[close]

Legacy Versions -
Version 1.3.3 -
- Download NASF v1.3.3
 - 12 different types of noteheads
 - sharpandahalf, etc.
 - "plus sign" augmentation (left hand pizz for strings, not sure for other instruments)
 - all of the mordents
 - finer and broader note durations, from 128th (semihemidemisemiquaver) up to a quadruple whole note (long) (quadruple note is rendered same as double note but works as intended)
 - finicky, but usable clef changes
[close]
Version 1.3.1
- Download NASF v1.3.1
 - sharpandahalf, etc.
 - all of the mordents
[close]
Version 1.3 -
- Download NASF v1.3
 - sharpandahalf, etc.
 - all of the mordents
 - redirections (D.C./D.S al Fine/Coda)
[close]
Version 1.2 -
- Download NASP v1.2
 - sharpandahalf, etc.
 - all of the mordents
[close]
Version 1.1 -
- Download NASP v1.1
 - 3 types of grace notes, from 1 to 4 before the note
 - functional (!) repeat signs (not sure if these will copy)
 - 13 different types of note heads
 - sharpandahalf, etc.
 - up and down bow markings
 - all of the mordents
 - redirections (D.C./D.S al Fine/Coda)
[close]
[close]
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Version 1.2 of NASP is now available -
 - now in semi-correct NSM formatting
 - 8va removed from front and now with other "#va"s in a separate section
 - more types of grace notes
 - functional repeat signs moved to new section
 - condensed special noteheads
 - removed unnecessary eighth notes (some special dynamics didn't show up in Finale)
 - added two glissando styles (these are smart shapes and will not follow the notes automatically)
 - added first-third endings
 - removed D.C./D.S al Fine/Coda by accident

btw its called nasp with a p because formatting starts with a p
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Version 1.3 of NASF is now available -
 - changed shortened name to more accurately reference full name
 - more systems per page
 - smaller note intervals, up to 128th (semihemidemisemiquaver) instead of NotePad's 32nd (demisemiquaver)
 - moved repeats and special barlines into own section apart from ending marks, I had trouble with deleting the ending marks without deleting the repeat itself on NASP v1.2
 - brought back redirections (D.C./D.S al Fine/Coda)

If someone wants to put this on NSM Resources that would be great, I think that this can be helpful to NotePad users and take a small load off of the formatting / layout edit request thread.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

AwesomeYears

British notation is for the stronk. Saying 128th sounds lazy like Yankee Doodle playing Americans.

Brassman388

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Version 1.3.1 of NASF is now available -
 - changed title of sheet to match the official name; "Notation" is more accurate but "NASN" cannot be said as one English syllable
 - created a copy of the redirections with repeat signs

Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on January 07, 2017, 02:02:11 PMIf someone wants to put this on NSM Resources that would be great, I think that this can be helpful to NotePad users and take a small load off of the formatting / layout edit request thread.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Dudeman

Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on January 07, 2017, 02:02:11 PMIf someone wants to put this on NSM Resources that would be great, I think that this can be helpful to NotePad users and take a small load off of the formatting / layout edit request thread.
I gotchu
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Version 1.3.3 of NASF is now available -
 - added longer notes, now up to a quadruple whole note (long)
 - added clef changes, very finicky but still works fine

When using the clef changes, I strongly recommend using a "sandbox" file to create the intended changes and then copy-paste the formatted material over to the arrangement.

Version 1.3.2 of NASF only added the longer notes but I didn't put it up because of timing. Clef changes are very useful so this update got a priority boost from me.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Version 1.4 of NASF is now available -
 - lots of cross-staff beaming added, with beam in middle, top, and bottom of notes
 - "small notes" added (press R to switch between note and rest)
 - almost all notation is now usable in all 4 layers (except for articulations reproducible after one instance is copy-pasted in)

As with the clef changes, I strongly recommend using a sandbox file to remove the unneeded voices and move the notes around. For some reason, the two whole note tremolo will lose the tremolo mark when edited in a measure that it takes up completely (hence why they are in 6/4 measures), so edit them in the NASF file and don't save changes.

There were a couple of intermediary changes adding the cross-staff beaming, but because of a new sheet I arranged I decided to put the notation on other layers and share that.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77