News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Just Tobbeh's Opinions

Started by Tobbeh99, November 29, 2016, 11:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

So I've been getting A LOT of energy in the last 3 month or so. And I've become increasingly active, not only on this site, but pretty much everywhere in expressing my opinions on things. So I thought, if I don't want to end up in jail (banned for lifetime on NSM for spamming) like King Sammer, I'll have to create a thread where I can post a bunch of stuff and people can come in and out and look if and see if there is anything "of reason" that I write. This "project" in itself is kind of a joke as I actually bought a "diary" to write down all my crazy thoughts I got in my head, but apparently it's not enough, I need a digital diary as well :D :-\ ;D.

To start things of I just wondered if I'm the only one who has a song that I both Hate and Love, crazy enough on the same time!?

It's this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rITt4yTz-zo

I hate the pic with the "bloody scar", but I like the water and the bubbles. Also dislike the Japanease lyrics, but I do like the rock and piano, fits really well. And I also like the dissonant nature of the song. It constantly shifts, lots of time signature changes, the only thing remaining is a bunch of tritones,2nds,7ths etc. it's harmonically very calm, imo.
It sort of reminds of a calmer version of an improvisation I use to play:
Spoiler
[close]
That "improvisation" was supposed to be a full song but... I can't write full songs :-\ :'(, :D. Or I can, but it's hard. People don't tell you this, but composing songs/pieces is not just "expressing your creativity", it a craftsmanship like any other job, a profession. When Beethoven was making his symphonies, it was the same philosophy as when a let's say wood-worker works on building a for example a chair, or maybe something more fancy like a chest. It's not only "go out in the nature and feel the atmosphere engulf you with inspiration", It's a TON of work to. If you're interessted, I think this website is a really good one, especially classical composing: https://www.artofcomposing.com/
Anyway I'd tried to compose songs, but I usually end up with a really good but short piece of written material. I guess I'm bad at "expanding" my piece of art. If I'd look more on that site and "studied the secret techniques of the great grand-masters" I'd probably have the tools to write great music, ...but it's not that easy, I don't really have the will-force and I try focusing on arranging, youtube videos, playing games and now I of course got my job which I have to do, I just have to. So I might compose something in the future, but it's really up to me.

To get back to point A about hating and loving songs at the same time.
This one comes close:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MshUFnfEfeA

and this one comes Really close (used to be my "anger song", then my "sadness song", and now it's just my "painful feelings-that-I-don't-want-to-have song":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoVAUUFjl0I

btw sorry for creating lot's of different topics. It won't happen more I promise, Unless I have a great reason to do so. I personally think that the Climate Change topic has had great value to not only me but that it has lead to some discussions and raised questions in peoples mind about the climate and planet earth. The "don't read this thread" topic was really unnecessary and I could have started this thread with that post, but it's really no problem as it'll slowly disappear into the archive of forgotten NSM topics sooner or later (if you really hate you have my permission to simply delete it, don't want to cause any fear on this website). But plz do not delete this thread as I think will have importance for me, and also perhaps other people on the site  :D :P.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on November 29, 2016, 11:38:47 PMI'll have to create a thread where I can post a bunch of stuff and people can come in and out and look if and see if there is anything "of reason" that I write.
Sure. I don't see an issue with this.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on November 29, 2016, 11:38:47 PMAnyway I'd tried to compose songs, but I usually end up with a really good but short piece of written material. I guess I'm bad at "expanding" my piece of art.
That's how it starts. After practice, you'll be able to make more. Even then, all you really need is at least two melodies. You can make a song of decent length with those. Better yet, you can also make a whole bunch of other songs using those same melodies, but with alterations.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Sebastian

Olimar12345

My gut tells me that something like this would be better suited for the creativity corner board.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Latios212

What's inherently wrong with this...? Nothing that I can see, though maybe yeah it might be better suited for a different board.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

FireArrow

You see the problem with this when you realize that now everyone can make their own.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

not everyone needs this kind of social outlet.  If tobbeh needs one that's fine.
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 30, 2016, 11:31:45 AMWhat if someone just wants to? Lol
This is my concern, too. I think I'd maybe be okay with this if it was in the Creativity Corner or something, but right now it just exists for the sake of existing. Same problem I had with Tobbeh's earlier topic.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Tobbeh99

Quote from: FireArrow on November 30, 2016, 10:22:56 AMYou see the problem with this when you realize that now everyone can make their own.

Sorry to argue against you, but everyone can make their arrangement thread as well. But I guess and think that that is more important as it's the focus of the site. Guess I should start a blogg or something, would definitely suit me, but I don't know how and it probably takes a ton of work and time, but y maybe...

I'm fine having my topic wherever it fits, just that I have one makes me happy. If it were to be moved to creativity corner instead, I'm 100% fine with that!
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Dude

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dude on November 30, 2016, 01:37:29 PMI found a great thread for everyday thoughts and opinions

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=19.0

Well y... but I usually write way longer text, so that's why I wanted an own topic. :-\

10/10 tobbeh

Dude

Make a table of contents in a spoiler in your signature with links to the posts.

Tada.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book