News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Which of these is worse......

Started by Gooch, July 06, 2008, 10:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which do you side with as being the worst criminal punishment

Death Penalty (any kind)
12 (54.5%)
Life in Prison w/ no chance of parol
10 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Gooch

ok, the last one i made of these was really weird, i think i accidentally deleted my post and made it off limits, ah well, here is this topic again, which do you think is worse, Death Penalty or Life in Prison. Vote and tell us your opinion...

Brawler4Ever

Death penalty. No chance for repentance. The ultimate sign that you are incapable of living with human beings.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

MetroidHunter26

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on July 06, 2008, 11:24:52 AMDeath penalty. No chance for repentance. The ultimate sign that you are incapable of living with human beings.
ouch that's harsh and very deep :\ >__> makes me glad I'm a good person.

Akiro

I would say life in prison.  The death sentence at least you die and get it over with.  Life in prison is pretty much a stupid concept considering that you will have no chance at life.

They're both stupid really.

blah54

life in prison would be worse i think...

guilt, sorrow and such would basically be the only feelings you have for the rest of your life... while with death it would just be ended...

basically death is the worse punishment, for the moment... but over time, life in prison would be much worse i think.
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

Gooch

i suppose there is no harm in myself participating in my own poll. I personally believe that, well, i'll describe it to you and you make your own inferences.
I believe that festering in a jail cell will lead to not only insanity but mental remission. They will sit on what they've done for the remainder of their pitiful lives. However, they can possibly escape and enjoy life even though it had been originally taken from them.
With the Death Penalty, it takes away them lingering over their own guilt and what they've done, but they cannot escape and will no longer be a threat to humanity.
Pros and cons to both sides, maybe you can tell which one i would be. (im not going to vote, that would give me away)

acropol

death penalty is worse... cuz if you were injusticely sentenced... they'll be like.. oh shucks it was the wrong guy :/

KefkaticFanatic

Depends on the prison.  Some of them in the UK treat inmates so well that they would go out and commit another crime to get put back in prison.

me irl
[close]

Gu4n

I'd go for life in prison. I consider it as an eternal torture, which is worse than death.

Jamaha

Well,

For one, we don't know for sure what happens after death. Perhaps you go to heaven or hell. Perhaps you just cease to exist. Perhaps you reincarnate. Perhaps you see light at the end of a tunnel and are run over by a train. Or maybe something else.

Although life in prison for the rest of your life won't probably be too much fun, you still live and exist among us. You can still see the people you've lived with as you most likely are allowed visitors.

With death, however, it's all gone. And according to many beliefs, if you get executed as a penalty, your afterlife won't be all that nice either.

Then there's the chance of screwing up. "Oh look, we've got the wrong guy." Can't really apologize to a dead guy, can you? The death penalty is final. Once it has taken place, there's no turning back.

So I'd say that death penalty is worse.

Gu4n

Hmm.. Why do people hold so tight to the opinion that a longer life is the better one. Little (rude) example: if some guy lives for raping women, and after a while he got caught and gets death penalty. This is the best for both sides: the world gets a rid of him, everyone's happy about that, and the raper himself had a short, but happy life where he had done things he loved to do. I'm sorry if anyone feels offended by this, but as I'd like to play the philosophate lately.

Gooch

Harvest

I doubt the rapist was ever happy.  People like that are totally messed up and are probably severely depressed and they feel the only way they can be happy is if they commit these crimes, it only gives them very temporary happiness and thats why they repeat the crimes.
-

PseudoMario16

Quote from: Akiro on July 06, 2008, 02:34:39 PMI would say life in prison.  The death sentence at least you die and get it over with.  Life in prison is pretty much a stupid concept considering that you will have no chance at life.

They're both stupid really.
i completely agree
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

Beethoven II

Life in prison. Also, if you think about it, having the life in prison punishment costs a lot of money...yah know, feeding them and care and crap.