UNOFFICIAL SUN AND MOON ARRANGEMENT PROJECT

Started by braix, November 18, 2016, 08:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

I'm going to drop Team Aether battle. I've got a lot of things on my plate and considering how high priority this is probably going to be I'll let someone else complete it.

Magalamoto18

Quote from: Yugi on December 20, 2016, 07:39:19 PMI'm going to drop Team Aether battle. I've got a lot of things on my plate and considering how high priority this is probably going to be I'll let someone else complete it.
If someone hasn't already claimed it, could I be signed up to do it?

braix

In regards to your arrangement of track 142, it doesn't really align with the standards we have on NSM on multiple grounds. We require a mus and mid file as well as a pdf, and you only provided the pdf.

Ignoring that, you still have quite a few fixes needed in your sheet if you ever wish to submit it. Quite frankly put, it sounds nothing close to the original song. The formatting also needs work; check the guidelines here.

Battle themes are actually pretty tough to arrange well, so I'd personally advise you work on something easier to improve.

The Google Sheet is up to date.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Latios212

Yeah, I don't really know a nice way to say this, but everything about the sheet is... off. The time signature, key signature, melody, bass... are all wonky. You should really take the time to listen closely for notes and rhythms, especially with a song as difficult as this.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Magalamoto18

I hear what you're both saying loud and clear, it's just that I don't know how to fix what I've already got. Can Iget some specific pointers? I've only been into arranging for a little under a year now, so some advice would go a long way..

Regarding the file type issue, I barely have any arranging software in the first place nor do I have access to better due to lack of money set aside for this sort of thing, meaning I'm personally satisfied with just the pdf. I include the video to try and substitute for the MIDI, but I'm at loss for the other.

Latios212

Finale Notepad is free. MuseScore is also free and you can import those into Finale (with some kinks, but yeah).

It's hard to get specific about your sheet since there's so much wrong with it, but the most glaring fundamentally wrong thing about your sheet is the time signature and rhythms. The beginning section is clearly in 4/4, you see (with, oddly, an eighth missing before the main part), and it should look something like this...

And then there's the issue of just wrong notes. Like your first few measures miss just about everything that happens in the original.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Magalamoto18

Where can I get Finale Notepad? I don't own an actual computer, so I only have access to mobile notation software like iWriteSheetMusic.
It would be quite helpful to post a link or something.

Dudeman

Well, if you don't have a proper computer then Finale's kind of impossible to utilize. The download page is here, though, if you have plans.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Is someone arranging the Malasada Shop track

If not can someone please
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Latios212

Oh right thanks for the reminder I'll get back on that

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

SlowPokemon

You're a saint, that's the best track Hitomi Sato has ever written

Not really but it's hilariously catchy
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Latios212

I agree, haha! If I don't finish it tonight (about halfway done right now) I'll post what I've got so far.

Done! Posting in my thread momentarily...

Spoiler
[close]
turtle