LeviR.star's Arrangements - Finishing Off Dragon Quest (NES) ~ 2 New Sheets

Started by LeviR.star, November 18, 2016, 04:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Wow, this song is great! (Gives me really strong Animal Crossing vibes.)

Couple of aesthetic suggestions:
- The layers in m. 4 are pretty messy. Combining them might be a good idea.
- Generally when using slurs, extend them to the end of the tied notes. This helps to avoid the lines starting and stopping on the same note, and helps to reduce confusion between ties and slurs. So in m. 7 you would start the slur at the G on beat 2.5, and extend the slur to beat 3 in the last measure.
- I don't think you really need the staccatissimos; staccatos seem like they would suffice just fine as the notes aren't that exaggerated. But, up to you.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

And the day finally came... the day that he never knew would come...

Let's take a walk down memory lane, shall we?

1st Arrangement: [GB] Kirby's Block Ball - "Blockworld Map"

1st Collab Arrangement: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy - "Tear DropDrip Drop Galaxy"

50th Arrangement: [GB] Mega Man V - "Pluto Stage"

And now, I present to you my greatest accomplishment: my first Dedicated Game update, the Full-Blown Balloon Kid Arrangement Project! (Excluding Kirby Slide, but that was too obvious) Within this spoiler, you will witness 26 sheets that I have been preparing since May 6th, nearing finals and long trips and other events.

Here goes everything
[GB] Balloon Kid

78th

Balloon Trip (from Balloon Fight) [ZIP]

79th

Bonus 1-Up [ZIP]

80th

Bonus Room [ZIP]

81st

Boss Defeated [ZIP]

82nd

Boss Intro [ZIP]

83rd

Credits [ZIP]

84th

Double Balloons [ZIP]

85th

Final Boss [ZIP]

86th

Final Boss Victory [ZIP]

87th

Game Over [ZIP]

88th

Invincibility [ZIP]

89th

Opening Scene [ZIP]

90th

Rescue Scene [ZIP]

91st

Shrimp Boss [ZIP]

92nd

Snowman Boss [ZIP]

Right after I finished this sheet, I went on a one week-long trip to Orlando for band. No sheets were made during that period.

93rd

Stages 1 & 5 [ZIP]

94th

Stage 2 [ZIP]

95th

Stages 3 & 6 [ZIP]

96th

Stages 4 & 7 [ZIP]

97th

Stage 8 [ZIP]

98th

Stage Clear [ZIP]

99th

Title Screen [ZIP]

I disappeared for about 4 days before I started a very special sheet...

100th ARRANGEMENT!!!

Versus Lose [ZIP]

Wow, what an anticlimactic sheet to earn the title of my 100th...

101st

Versus Win [ZIP]

102nd

Wolf Boss [ZIP]

103rd

World Stop [ZIP]

I then disappeared for another 4, had some checking done, then set to work on this post.
[close]

Full-Blown Balloon Kid Arrangement Project Stats

Sheet With the Shortest Work Time: Double Balloons
Sheet With the Longest Work Time: Credits
Hardest Sheet: Snowman Boss (Worst ear-piercing high-pitched dissonance I've ever heard...)
Easiest Sheet: Opening Scene
Sheet I Had the Least Fun With: Title Screen (I hate you...)
Sheet I Had the Most Fun With: Invincibility (So simple, yet so upbeat!)
Largest Sheet Checking Contributor: Static!! Congrats, buddy!
Inspiration For the Whole Dang Project In the First Place: Fingerz/Joel Hands-Otte (see: Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3)
Best Snack I Ever Ate During This Period: A Mickey Mouse-Shaped Pretzel at Disney World, near Cinderella Castle, at which I bought at 9:23 PM. ('Twas a good snack)
Some Other Pointless Statistic: My little brother's guinea pig is 4 years old. He is Sparky and he is fat.

You guys are all awesome! I don't have time to list everyone in specific right now, but I'll just say that everyone I've met on this site so far has helped me reach this number of 103 sheets! I know we've had our ups and downs, and our arguments & rivalries *cough cough*Relationships topic*cough cough*, but deep down, I love all of you! Thank you guys so much for helping me reach this point that I'm at right now! As always...

Enjoy!

P.S.: I'll transfer the Dropbox links to my OP after my trip to Colorado. That will be finished by next Sunday, hopefully.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

Once I return from Colorado on (hopefully) Friday, I'll transfer the 26 Balloon Kid Dropbox links to my OP, and then start with another "Other" sheet: the Sega Genesis version of "Steamboat Willie" from Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse! (The sheet will have a long title :-\). From then on, I have many more Kirby, Mega Man, Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, possibly Sonic the Hedgehog, and Other sheets to bring you, so make sure to stay tuned! I have so many planned, I don't know where to start! (But I do have somewhat of a general idea). I have 3 solid weeks of no vacations, and I promise to work my hardest at bringing you guys more high-quality sheets! (No rips... Sorry, Dudeman)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

So good to be back!

104th

[MUL] Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse - "Steamboat Willie (Sega Genesis Version)"

[ZIP]

Before I went to Disney World for a band trip, I went through a Disney phase; I started drawing characters, watching 1930s cartoons, and watched some gameplay of Mickey Mouse games. Right now, this is my favorite Mickey game, as it acknowledges classic Mickey Mouse cartoons from 1928 to 1990, and has great visuals and music. This particular track stuck out to me, so I now present to you people my 27th "Other" sheet (the other 26 being Balloon Kid's entire OST). As per usual, I hope you all enjoy this happy little tune!

LeviR.star

I've been wanting to do this Kirby sheet ever since I bought this game on the Wii Virtual Console...

105th

[SNES] Kirby's Dream Course - "The First Hole"

[ZIP]

This song not only plays during the first several holes in the first course in this game, but also plays in BS Kirby's Toy Box, most notably during "Baseball". It feels kinda empty from m5 onward, due to the first treble melody being cut for playability reasons, but I used my best judgement for this sheet. In the second ending section, the bass was too boring, so I opted to use the non-melody treble section, because it still held a relaxing feel. Finally, I was a bit more picky with slurs and staccatos, because it's more evident when SNES instruments are connected than with GB instruments. Enjoy! There's some triad chords in here! ;)

LeviR.star

2 sheets in one day? Could this be too good to be true?!

106th

[GB] Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge - "Title Screen"

[ZIP]

actually this was already half finished for a few months but still

There's not much I have to say on this one, except that the articulations took a considerable amount of judgement. Additionally, I had to cut the bass line towards the end, but it was much more boring than the other line playing, so I feel I made the right decision! Enjoy!

P.S.: When I do some maintenance work on this game I may add some percussion markings at the very beginning. No promises, though.

Dudeman

Pretty sure those two F#'s spanning the barline between ms. 13 and 14 need to be tied. Other than that this looks great.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dudeman on July 04, 2017, 09:24:44 PMPretty sure those two F#'s spanning the barline between ms. 13 and 14 need to be tied. Other than that this looks great.

How did I even forget that? Thank you for checking it, Dudeman! Files in the OP updated! I appreciate your help!

LeviR.star

If I went any longer without posting an update, I would have caught THC's Dr. Mario Fever.

107th

[SNES] Kirby's Avalanche - "Title Screen"

[ZIP]

108th

[NES] Wily & Right no RockBoard: That's Paradise - "Mode Select"

[ZIP]

109th

[MUL] Wario's Woods - "Vs. Mode (SNES Version)"

[ZIP]

110th

[MUL] Mega Man & Bass - "Stage Select [SNES Version]"

[ZIP]

111th

[NES] Super Mario Bros. 3 - "Pause"

[ZIP]

There's not much I can say about this new batch, except that I enjoyed pulling it all together. My first 2 Mario sheets in a long time, (though Pause is more of a joke sheet). As always, enjoy! I'll update the OP ASAP, BTW! (Sorry...)

LeviR.star

112th

[SNES] Kirby's Dream Land 3 - "Minigame"

[ZIP]

You want to know how many Kirby's Dream Land 3 sheets have been made in the forums here so far?

That's right! I'm almost finished with providing music from every Kirby game in the SNES library! This sheet here was not only easy, but also very catchy, and I just couldn't help but do this one first. Feedback is always greatly appreciated! I hope you enjoy this jazzy little piece!

NEXT KIRBY SHEET: Something from Kirby's Super Star Stacker

LeviR.star

Sorry for the delay; I've been working on some challenging sheets lately, (but this is not one of them. This just took longer than normal)

113th

÷[ARCADE] Dig Dug - "Miscellaneous Short Themes"

Note: New symbol! The obelus is used to label a semi-replacement sheet.

[ZIP]

New compilation sheet! Here is a list of every fanfare, short theme and sound effect contained within:

1. Credit
2. Start (Replacement)
3. Digging (Replacement)
4. Pause
5. One More Enemy
6. Round Clear
7. Time Warning
8. Game Over
9. Highest Score
10. Initial Entry

I was researching late 70s and early 80s games when I discovered that Rally-X was the first video game to contain continuous, melodic background music. That reminded me that I've always wanted to provide the complete Dig Dug OST, so that's what I did yesterday. Such a shame that I've never been able to see a real video game arcade with classics like these; I only see Chuck E. Cheese's-esque "arcades" that give you tickets to earn "prizes" that will never be worth my time. Anyway, I hope you enjoy my first semi-replacement compilation sheet!

LeviR.star

I haven't done a sheet from this game in a while, (and it's no secret why)...

114th

[GB] Mega Man II - "New Weapon"

[ZIP]

This is probably one of the trickiest GB sheets I've ever done. The making of the initial .midi was of average difficulty, but making it playable and as accurate as possible was a challenge. So, for the first 4 measures. I decided on taking the non-melody treble line and lowering it 2 octaves, and made the 1 8th, 2 16ths pattern in the bass just simple whole notes. For the last 4, I rearranged the non-melody treble line so that it would match the current measure's chord tone, and I lowered the bass line.

Anyway, this song, like many other songs from this game, shares a melody similar to one from one of the NES games; in this case, Mega Man 3's New Weapon theme. Shown here:

Anyway, I hope to be doing Mega Man III's New Weapon theme for my next Mega Man GB theme. (I promised I'd do it on December 15th of last year.) Enjoy!

LeviR.star

I sure am making a lot of non-Kirby/Super Mario/Mega Man sheets lately...

115th

[NES] Spelunker - "Title Screen"

[ZIP]

As you've probably noticed, I don't do non-looping sheets very often, but this sheet was an exception; it's not often that you'll find a Title Screen sheet with no repeat signs at all, but this isn't exactly Nintendo. For some reason, it reminds me of Pitfall! on the Atari 2600, but that's just me.

I highly recommend you watch a play-through of it; it's quite interesting to watch, and it may remind you of Spelunky.

Enjoy! There may be some more Spelunker sheets on the way!

LeviR.star

I was gonna do this on April 30th... buuuut I started stalling for a few months...

116th

{JP}[SNES] Kirby's Super Star Stacker - "King Dedede's Theme"

[ZIP]

Behold! Had not this song existed, you never would have had your Masked Dedede theme in Kirby Super Star Ultra! This remix is different than all others; rather than being in 4/4, it's in 3/4 time! Plus, it changes up the rhythms up a little, and these rhythms are very similar to the ones that would later be heard in the famous Masked Dedede theme. Where is Dekka

Kirby's Super Star Stacker is a Super Famicom remake of the Game Boy game Kirby's Star Stacker. It features remixed music, updated graphics and two new modes! HAL had plans to ship this game overseas, but due to the success of the Nintendo 64, Nintendo of America stopped taking SNES games, thus making Kirby's Dream Land 3 the last North American SNES game to be released (released in North America 1 year prior.) To this day, there have been no official translations, yet it has been released on the Japanese Wii & Wii U Virtual Console.

I had fun doing this sheet, but it was originally in 9/8, until I got to m5. Plus, the LH was originally a treble line pattern, until I decided it was too boring and I decided to change it to a mp bass line until beat 3.5 of measure 4. As always, feedback is greatly appreciated, and I hope you all enjoy!

Upon finishing acknowledging the Kirby SNES library, I will either do a sheet from Kirby: Squeak Squad or Kirby's Epic Yarn for my next Kirby sheet. Stay tuned!

LeviR.star

Man, was this sheet a pain... glad it's over with, though.

Last-minute-before-scout-camp update!

117th

[SNES] Mega Man X3 - "Gravity Beetle Stage"

[ZIP]

Before we start, just know that I will probably never attempt another X3 song again. One night, I was going to start Counter Hunter Stage 1 from X2. I got the template all set up and everything, and I just had to pull it up on AudioStretch when I thought, hey! what if someone already did this sheet? Believe it or not, the one sheet was already done for a request and submitted by N, but never accepted. There was only one catchy tune in X2, and that was Zero's theme. So I got another template ready and had already finished the first measure before I remembered that that, too, had already been done, and it was on site! Through frustration, I looked through X3's soundtrack and found one of its only catchy tunes: Gravity Beetle Stage.

This sheet also had some stalling. I probably would have posted it a week and a half ago if it had not been for the irritating chords. I doubt that every one of them is perfectly correct, but I'll worry about that if I ever submit this, (or if anyone decides to give feedback here for once.)

Feedback is graciously accepted and applied, but I won't have any time this week on my computer; I'll be at scout camp. See y'all later!

LAST MINUTE EDIT: This is my 50th game with a sheet to it! Personal celebration!