News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Star Fox's 30th Anniversary Effort

Started by NineLives, December 18, 2022, 06:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NineLives

2023 marks the 30th anniversary of the Star Fox series. It's a series that's had its ups and, for the most part, downs, but there are still a few folks who revisit the reportedly neglected Nintendo franchise now and again to try to recapture what made it so special to begin with. Sure, there's the gameplay, characters, and so on, but I think the music is pretty iconic too, if not just catchy. Star Fox 64 gave birth to series staples, such as the themes for Star Wolf and even Star Fox itself.
If you kept up with NinSheetMusic's YouTube channel, you may have seen a couple of series anniversary videos for Castlevania and Kirby. Each of those had music from multiple games within their series. I'd like to edit together another video for Star Fox, but looking over the list of available sheets, there are plenty of games and songs that are missing, which makes it a bit more difficult to do this video similarly. There's a bunch to arrange, not to mention replace, to make it work the way the others did, so I'm thinking of taking a different approach: using music only from the original game on the SNES.
This way, the workload gets cut down a ton and sort of makes a more focused celebration, taking you back to where the series all started. With all the medley and collection potential, I've deduced that a minimum of 15 arrangements would need to be made and submitted to finish the original Star Fox's soundtrack in its entirety with a few exceptions here and there(sound effects, mostly).
If I were to take on this by myself, it'd take around 8 months to get everything accepted, if there were no hiccups, which would mean it'd be done within the year, but I thought I'd ask for the help of the community on this one. If more people pitch in to arrange each of these, we'd have them all out before the anniversary's lost its relevance. If anyone would like to join in on this project, they can start by replying with tracks they'd want to claim to arrange. I'd prefer if everyone would only claim 2 at a time, so there are plenty of opportunities for other arrangers. Medleys and collections count as 1 claim on their own, just so there's no confusion. Feel free to collab with each other on them too, if you want! Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Tracklist:
01. Title Demonstration | Nine Lives
02. Title Screen | Nine Lives
03. Controls
04. Course Map Select | The Deku Trombonist
05. Corneria | Yug Guy
06. Meteor
07. Titania | Nine Lives
08. Fortuna | Nine Lives
09. Macbeth | Nine Lives
10. Asteroid & Venom Orbital
11. Space Armada | The Deku Trombonist
12. Venom Base (Level 2) | Fantastic Ike
13. Sector X & Sector Z | Nine Lives
14. Sector Y | Nine Lives
15. Venom Base (Level 1 & 3) | Fantastic Ike
16. Boss (Corneria & Meteor) | Nine Lives
17. Boss (Fortuna) | Nine Lives
18. Boss (Macbeth) | Nine Lives
19. Boss (Titania) | Nine Lives
20. Boss (Asteroid) | Nine Lives
21. Boss (Space Armada) | Nine Lives
22. Boss (Venom Base) | Nine Lives
23. Boss (Andross) | Nine Lives
24. Player Down (Orchestra Version)
25. Player Down (Band Version)
26. Game Over
27. Continue
28. Course Clear (Orchestra Version)
29. Course Clear (Band Version)
30. Last Boss Clear | Nine Lives
31. Game Clear Demonstration | Nine Lives
32. Ending | Brassman388
33. Main Theme
34. Out of This Dimension | Kricketune54
35. Slot Machine | Kricketune54
36. Black Hole
37. Black Hole (Course Map)
38. Training Mode
39. The End

Color Code:
Accepted/On Site
Approved
Claimed
Needs Replaced
Collection/Medley Potential

Potential Collections/Medleys:
01-02: Title Medley | Nine Lives
16-23: Boss Theme Collection | Nine Lives
30-31: Closing Medley | Nine Lives
03,24-29,36-37,39: Short Theme/Fanfare Collection

If any of you have questions on specific tracks or anything similar, let me know! Thanks again!

Fantastic Ike

Giving Venom Base (Level 1 & 3) a shake, one of the more iconic Star Fox tracks imo

Kricketune54

I already did Out of This Dimension, so only fitting I take Slot Machine as well

Fantastic Ike

Also gonna lay claim to Venom Base (Level 2), almost done with that. I'm probably gonna submit my other sheet next submission cycle

Fernman

I've arranged most of Star Fox 64 over in Musescore. I'm not fluent in Notepad to get them formatted well. I would need some help.
https://musescore.com/user/45030287/sets/5838736

NineLives

Quote from: Fernman on February 19, 2023, 11:35:41 AMI've arranged most of Star Fox 64 over in Musescore. I'm not fluent in Notepad to get them formatted well. I would need some help.
This project's mostly for the original Star Fox for the SNES, but if you're having trouble transitioning Musescore stuff to Notepad, there's a forum post that can help you with that. You'll have to go to later messages to find updated files, but that shouldn't take too long. There's also a post with some Notepad templates for when you want to start up sheets within the program. Hope those will help!

NineLives

With Sector Y's theme finished, I think I'll move on to claim Sector X and Z's now.

NineLives

I think I'll grab the opening/title medley now. Since I claimed the closing one already, thought I should knock them both out.

NineLives

I'll be claiming Titania's theme now that I've finished the "Closing Medley" sheet.

NineLives

It looks like this project may be heading into next year. Even so, I'd like to thank all of the folks who've pitched in so far! I appreciate all the effort that's been put forward to finish this game's sheet selection and I'm hoping it won't be long until every song in the game is up on site! :)

NineLives

My next claim will be the collection of boss themes. Trying to leave a few of the singular sheets for any others who may be interested.

pazinal33

Quote from: NineLives on March 01, 2024, 04:59:17 PMMy next claim will be the collection of boss themes. Trying to leave a few of the singular sheets for any others who may be interested.

I await your results.