News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

[NES] Tetris - "High Score" by JacopoTore

Started by Zeta, November 14, 2016, 07:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Tetris
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: High Score
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: JacopoTore

[attachment deleted by admin]

JacopoTore

Latios212

Re-check the formatting guidelines for the right fonts.

Fix some layer issues with measures 3, 5, 7, 9. It looks messy and it's difficult to tell what rests belong to what layer.

Be sure to show beat 2.5 in measure 4 and beat 3 in measure 12.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

JacopoTore

Quote from: Latios212 on November 22, 2016, 06:51:42 AMRe-check the formatting guidelines for the right fonts.

Fix some layer issues with measures 3, 5, 7, 9. It looks messy and it's difficult to tell what rests belong to what layer.

Be sure to show beat 2.5 in measure 4 and beat 3 in measure 12.

I don't know what I miss about formatting

Yug_Guy

Quote from: JacopoTore on November 23, 2016, 02:14:43 PMI don't know what I miss about formatting
Here's a link to the official formatting guidlines; basically, you need to change some of the text so that it's bolded, or italicized, etc. Read through it and make sure you're following all the proper guidelines.

That being said, there are a lot of other areas that need to be fixed:
  • Your current arrangement has the tempo at "eighth=180.25". The tempo should actually be at "quarter=180", meaning that you need to double the length of every note
  • The song also needs to be changed to swing. I know Finale Notepad doesn't allow for swing playback, so you'll have to write it out without swing first, and then ask someone with a paid version of Finale to change it to swing for you
  • (Assuming the video you linked is the correct pitch) The song is actually in the key of C, instead of Bb as you currently have it. You'll need to transpose all the notes a whole step up from where they currently are
  • As Latios mentioned earlier, you've got layers clashing all over the place. A good example of this is beat two of measure 4, where you have an eighth rest on top of the note.
  • The composer of the song is Hirokazu Tanaka

It's definitely a good start, but it's still a long way from getting on site. Once these issues get fixed, then I think it'll be close to site-ready.

Maelstrom

JacopoTore

Hi, I don't understand this suggestion:
The song also needs to be changed to swing. I know Finale Notepad doesn't allow for swing playback, so you'll have to write it out without swing first, and then ask someone with a paid version of Finale to change it to swing for you

I need to rewrite all sheet without dotted note?

I don't understand this other:
As Latios mentioned earlier, you've got layers clashing all over the place. A good example of this is beat two of measure 4, where you have an eighth rest on top of the note.

the fourth bar have 2 layers, it is not good?

Yug_Guy

Quote from: JacopoTore on December 09, 2016, 10:23:38 AMHi, I don't understand this suggestion:
Quote from: Yug_Guy on November 23, 2016, 05:58:15 PMThe song also needs to be changed to swing. I know Finale Notepad doesn't allow for swing playback, so you'll have to write it out without swing first, and then ask someone with a paid version of Finale to change it to swing for you
I need to rewrite all sheet without dotted note?
Actually, I take that statement back. After listening to the piece some more, it is not in swing. I apologize for the confusion.

Quote from: JacopoTore on December 09, 2016, 10:23:38 AMI don't understand this other:
Quote from: Yug_Guy on November 23, 2016, 05:58:15 PMAs Latios mentioned earlier, you've got layers clashing all over the place. A good example of this is beat two of measure 4, where you have an eighth rest on top of the note.
the fourth bar have 2 layers, it is not good?
Well, after re-inspecting the piece another time, the issue I brought up isn't there anymore. In fact, there doesn't seem to be any clashing anywhere in the .mus or the .pdf file. Which makes me question why I even brought it up in the first place...

That being said, you still have yet to implement the rest of the things I suggested. At the very least, please make all the necessary formatting changes to your sheet. It won't be accepted unless it meets all formatting guidelines.

Also, I noticed that in the .mus file, you have the song repeated 32767 times. Please change it to just two; any more repeats are wholly unnecessary.

Note for myself & anyone else helping out with the sheet: the song in the video starts at 7:34

JacopoTore

Ok I hope replace it soon, I can't stay on internet always, and usually when I have internet I've not Finale in front.
Last question:
"meaning that you need to double the length of every note"
have you any particular reason for this?
Thank you so much

Yug_Guy

Quote from: JacopoTore on December 15, 2016, 07:26:01 AMLast question:
"meaning that you need to double the length of every note"
have you any particular reason for this?
It sounds to me like the bass should be on beats 1 & 3 (you currently have them on 1 & 2). Also, the way you have your sheet laid out is a bit messy, and I think doubling all the notes would make it look a lot cleaner. Hope this answers your question!

JacopoTore

Ok I think doubled is most clear. I forget the repeat bar at the end. Any other suggestion?

Yug_Guy

Quote from: JacopoTore on January 02, 2017, 09:54:44 AMOk I think doubled is most clear. I forget the repeat bar at the end. Any other suggestion?
Looks pretty good! There were a few nit-picky things that needed to be fixed, so I went ahead and did them for you:
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

List of changes include:
  • Tempo changed to 180
  • Formatted all the systems to be centered instead of right-aligned
  • Flipped a couple of notes for consistency
  • Moved the measures around between systems
  • Changed it so page one has 5 systems instead of 4
  • Added the necessary formatting to the text (which you included on your pdf fie, but not your mus file)
  • Added a repeat sign at the end

Sebastian

This song is actually called "HighScore Theme."

Some things I edited for you:
- For the BPM, you can just round it to the nearest whole unless it's an irrational meter.
- As Yug_Guy said above, it needs to be in swing. Finale Notepad can't do that, so I'll grab it for you.
- Also, Latios pointed out the incorrect text fonts. I can get that for you as well.
- M. 24 (LH): Changed the Abs to Gs.
- M. 4: C# is Db.
- I added some courtesy accidentals for clarification.
- Fixed up some beaming issues.
- Fixed some notes.
- Added repeat sign.
- Fixed the formatting.

[MUS]

EDIT:
Quote from: Yug_Guy on January 02, 2017, 10:27:02 AMLooks pretty good! There were a few nit-picky things that needed to be fixed, so I went ahead and did them for you:
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

List of changes include:
  • Tempo changed to 180
  • Formatted all the systems to be centered instead of right-aligned
  • Flipped a couple of notes for consistency
  • Moved the measures around between systems
  • Changed it so page one has 5 systems instead of 4
  • Added the necessary formatting to the text (which you included on your pdf fie, but not your mus file)
  • Added a repeat sign at the end
Oh, crap xD
Sorry. I didn't see this till I posted. Thanks Yug_Guy!

JacopoTore

Ok you change the composer name?
And resize the staff dimension? It seems a bit little.
I don't know why you put G than Ab at measure 24, can you put .nsf file into a midi converter?
I reprise the YG version, hope will be better.