News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Can you help me with my dissertation by giving me your opinions on Wind Waker?

Started by Momo, October 29, 2016, 10:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Momo

First of all I'd like to say a big thank you to Ninsheetmusic for existing, I've been using the site for years but I've never been to the forum part. If it wasn't for this sites existence it's hard to say if I'd still be playing piano now.

But now to the point of this post, I wasn't sure where to put it so I went with the music part if I've got the wrong area please let me know. For my dissertation I'm looking at how to music and visuals in The Wind Waker work together and measuring the amount of immersion they create together. I'd be really grateful if any of you guys took some time to fill out the survey below:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/H75RFML

I'm sorry this is out of nowhere and I'm not really a community member. I just had a thought that some of the people here might have some more specific and interesting things to say about it musically. Thank you!!

Oronoco

That sounds so cool! That's such a fun dissertation topic. I've never played Wind Waker though, so I won't be much help here.

Good luck with your work!
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Maelstrom

Sure, no problem!

edit: You will probably be able to tell which one is mine because I kind of wrote too much and rambled off topic.

Dudeman

Hey, what an interesting idea for a thesis. This is really cool, and I hope it goes well!

Oh yeah, I did the survey. It was neat.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Latios212

Hey, this sounds fun! I'll go ahead and fill it out.

If you don't mind sharing the finished product when it's done, we'd love to read it.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

I've spent a lot of time thinking about this exact thing.  It's fascinating how in wind Waker more than any other zelda game the music does the storytelling.  You can easily get the basic story of wind Waker just by music and titles and I've always loved that about it.  Also a shout out to the cursed sea part because that's the most I've ever been immersed in any video game ever

Edit: and got the survey done.  I could spend forever talking about the game but I kept it brief
unmotivated

Momo

Thank you guys so much! Rambling is okay with me, quite a few other people have rambled too so I can't tell whose is whose. Also, Latios I'm not the best writer but I'm thinking of handing my dissertation in as website, so after the marking part is done I can probably post the link. If everything goes to plan with the website it should at least be a fun read. I think I can use any comments here as part of my research too if theirs any addition comments anyone has that wasn't in the survey!

mikey

I will post all my thoughts on wind waker later tonight if that's ok
unmotivated