Lkjhgfdsa_77's Beautiful Arrangements - 8th Day of Hanukkah - Minish Cap Sheets

Started by Lkjhgfdsa_77, September 30, 2016, 05:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which obscure game should I arrange every track from?

Snakebird (9 tracks)
Oceanhorn (27 tracks)
Ōkami [Okami] (186 tracks) (have mercy)
Radiant Historia (25 tracks)
Other (reply)

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Now that summer is here and I have way too much time on my hands, I decided to make a self-arrangement project and arrange all of the tracks from a game, preferably one with a low number of songs. I made a poll in the OP with four games (plus track numbers) along with an "Other" option, and if you select that one and reply in this thread I'll add it onto the poll. If no-one votes on the thread I'll probably do Snakebird just because there's only nine tracks and I've already arranged one of them.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

Lkjhgfdsa_77

RADIANT

HISTORIA
P E R F E C T   C H R O N O L O G Y
A R R A N G E M E N T   P R O J E C T

C
H. 1 – RADIANT HISTORIA

Arranged RADIANT HISTORIA from... Radiant Historia. Because of the amount of parts that the track has, I decided to arrange this track for two pianos, and I think that it made a better arrangement in the end. I will probably compress it to solo piano in the future, but it will likely not be completely accurate to the original and be more creative with how it handles playing four staves in the space of two. As for the arrangement itself, there wre two main problems. The first was continuity and "sharing the melody;" I felt like passing any part of the recurring 8th note pattern in Piano 2 to any other hand would be awkward because there's no natural stopping point for it, and as a result Piano 1 gets the melody all of the time. The second is the crammed voices; all but a couple of the voices are in the treble/alto ranges, so there's a lot of cramming on the Piano 1 part (P2 can't take these because of issue 1). I also may have added too many slurs and directions and now I kind of feel like this.

Also seeing as there's only one active member that has a Radiant Historia arrangement on the site, it's pretty obvious who cast the only vote in the poll.

Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on September 30, 2016, 05:22:54 PM
01 RADIANT HISTORIA.mid.mus.pdf
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Xavuu

Maelstrom

Imagine my disappointment when you arrange the song radiant historia and not the song historia

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 11, 2017, 06:26:21 PMImagine my disappointment when you arrange the song radiant historia and not the song historia

*googles historia*
oh yes good musics very good musics

To stay organized and because i havent finished the game yet I'll probably go down the track list, so next up would be Mechanical Kingdom. If anyone else would like to help with my project they can; just make sure that you claim tracks. If I get enough support for others I could make a separate unofficial AP thread.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: Xavuu on July 11, 2017, 06:10:14 PMI can stand behind a radiant historia project.
Thank you, support is always nice!

RADIANT

HISTORIA

C
H. 2 – MECHANICAL KINGDOM

Arranged Mechanical Kingdom from Radiant Historia. I decided to make this a solo piano arrangement, but with the number of parts that it has it could likely be made into one for two pianos. Speaking of which, after playing through more of the game I realized that a lot of the tracks had two-pianos potential. To ease playing and to not have one hand jumping around very fast, I used a combination of clef changes and cross-staving so the left hand could play both the low hits and (most of) the recurring eighth notes. I thought about using a 3+3+2 rhythm pattern, but I decided against it because not all parts followed it. This sheet was a good contender for my 4-measures-per-system template, but the clef changes fell apart when copying it over.

02 Mechanical Kingdom.mid.mus.pdf
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Maelstrom

Hey, if you want, I can do a few tracks.
I will plan on doing Edge of Green, The Red Locus, Memories of the World, and Historia.

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 14, 2017, 09:28:07 AMHey, if you want, I can do a few tracks.
I will plan on doing Edge of Green, The Red Locus, Memories of the World, and Historia.
Noted in the chart in the OP.

Arranged A Great Spirit Lies in Wait from Ōkami [Okami]. Despite being very percussion-oriented and not fitting well for piano at all, I decided to arrange it because I wanted to play around with the percussion that was featured in the track. I ended up adding six different kinds of percussion and extended techniques as well as an "arranger's note" saying that my approximations may not be completely accurate to the original. The first half of the track and the last measure is played without time, so I wrote in a general "Adagietto Rubato" tempo and approximated the timing. I also grouped these measures in a 6/4 or 3/2 pattern despite being in a 12/8 time signature, and I can't anyway, but I didn't know if I should have changed it. With all the text everywhere, the arrangement will also need an overhaul of the formatting.

The Radiant Historia project should return soon. I just felt like doing this.

A Great Spirit Lies in Wait||Ōkami [Okami]
70%; notes are there but needs lots of formatting.mid.pdf
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Did some work on the old Shinshu Plains arrangement from Ōkami [Okami]. After actually playing more of the game and looking into it, I decided to make a single arrangement for both parts of the track, because they lead into one another in the game, and the individual tracks will be labeled. I also decided to add a second piano to allow for more notes to be played and to better grasp the orchestral qualities of the piece. This let piano 2 play the four-measure string repeat so piano 1 could give more to the melody. However, after m25, and to a lesser extent the entire arrangement, the arrangement sounds "empty" and not as full as the original, and I don't know how to fix it.

Shinshu Plains (Two Pianos)||Ōkami [Okami]
35%, hard to arrange but some progress was made.mid.pdf
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

mikey

Speaking of okami where's the guy with the crispy bacon lips he was fun
unmotivated

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 25, 2017, 12:46:49 PMSpeaking of okami where's the guy with the crispy bacon lips he was fun
I don't remember any bacon lips. If it's from endgame I wouldn't know. no spoils plz

Arranged Impa's Fate / Farewell from Skyward Sword. This has been in the works for a relatively long time now and it's now at a presentable quality. The way that the instruments are used sometimes makes it hard to pick out certain notes; because most of the instruments are strings (along with the way that they are used) it can be hard to discern certain voices. In addition, I did take some artistic liberties (such as the tremolos in pt 1 m16-17 and the harmonies and octaves in pt 2 m6-8) to preserve the "feel" of the track. Overall I think that I did a good job at not only transcribing the piece into notes, but actually arranging it to sound well on piano.

Also, the track Past at Peace is completely contained in Impa's Fate / Farewell, so by extension it is also arranged.

Impa's Fate / Farewell (and Past at Peace) pt 1||The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
75%, really polished but needs formatting work.mid.pdf
Impa's Fate / Farewell (and Past at Peace) pt 2||The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
" "
"          ".mid.pdf
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Second Day of Hanukkah
8 7 6 5 ^ 4 3 2 1
(clickable chanukiah)

Arranged Link Leaves Ordon from Twilight Princess. This piece is just another reprise of the Ordon Village theme, but it uses portato strings in the background. The only real problem was making sure that everything was playable. The bottom note in the left hand sometimes is too far away to play the entire left hand, but most the time the right hand is in range or takes one of the notes. The staccato eighth note pattern in the second section does seem a bit unwieldly, especially with the bass note at the beginning of each measure. I was able to format it nicely with my trial of PrintMusic, which is why there is also a .musx file included. Expect me to put up formatted versions of the rest of my sheets soon.

Link Leaves Ordon||The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
75%, parts are unplayable but is formatted.mid.pdf.musx
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Fourth Day of Hanukkah
8 7 6 5 ^ 4 3 2 1
(clickable chanukiah)

Arranged Cursed Shinshuu Plains I from Ōkami [Okami]. This first part is actually part of a longer track which also contains a version with more instruments, but I only arranged this part for now. For some reason I only cared about playability in the right hand, so the left hand has 13ths in multiple occasions, which isn't playable by any means. In these cases the top layer could probably be brought down. I was again able to format it nicely using PrintMusic. I'm not sure if I decided to hide too many rests; I tried to only hide them when it seemed obvious when the notes were.

Cursed Shinshuu Plains I||Ōkami [Okami]
80%, some unplayable parts but is well formatted.mid.pdf.musx
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Fifth Day of Hanukkah
8 7 6 5 ^ 4 3 2 1
(clickable chanukiah)

RADIANT

HISTORIA

C
H. 3 – TO THE BATTLEFIELD

Arranged To the Battlefield from Radiant Historia. Because of the amount of percussion in the track, I took a more creative direction in this arrangement. I made a power chord in the left hand and used the top note to mimic the snare drum pattern; it's likely not completely accurate but it gets the general sound across. The main melody was just violins with a single harmony, which wasn't really a problem.

03 To the Battlefield.mid.mus.pdf.musx
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Sixth Day of Hanukkah
8 7 6 5 ^ 4 3 2 1
(clickable chanukiah)

Arranged Take a stroll from Snakebird. This turned out to be easy to be arranged; there was only a simple melody and bassline. Again, I was able to format it nicely with PrintMusic.

Take a stroll||Snakebird
80%, has all notes and is formatted well.mid.pdf.musx
- Lkjhgfdsa_77