Lkjhgfdsa_77's Beautiful Arrangements - 8th Day of Hanukkah - Minish Cap Sheets

Started by Lkjhgfdsa_77, September 30, 2016, 05:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which obscure game should I arrange every track from?

Snakebird (9 tracks)
Oceanhorn (27 tracks)
Ōkami [Okami] (186 tracks) (have mercy)
Radiant Historia (25 tracks)
Other (reply)

Lkjhgfdsa_77

About time I make an arrangement thread, so I'll just dump everything here. This will probably overlap with the "In-Progress Topic" post.
Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77's Personal Text*Notepad user, cannot format*

In Progress With Varying Degrees of Abandonment -
Song
||
Game
LDA*
Completion
.mid.mus†.pdf.musx
Lanayru Desert||The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
10%, I don't even know this arrangement has been taken over by ThatHiddenCharacter on 29 Mar 2017.mid.pdf
Eldin Volcano||The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
15%, with a bit of effort I could've got the first part done, but m24 on I just couldn't.mid.pdf
Sailing the Sand Sea||The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
20%, have part of the melody but the syncopation made me lose it.mid.pdf
Fi's Theme||The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
28%, have the entire melody but the "harpline" and harmonics are tedious.mid.pdf
Intro||The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
60%, most of it is done but it still feels a bit empty.mid.pdf
Legend of Skyloft||The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
82%, will go over notes eventually but is nicely formatted.mid.pdf
Space maze||Snakebird
75%, melody is there but feels lacking.mid.pdf
Death Mountain||The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
85%, almost ready for submission.mid.pdf
Ink or Sink||Splatoon
65%, parts of a section aren't done and more work is needed.mid.pdf
Inside Forest Haven||The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
85%, made for the WW Official AP and finalized it.mid.pdf
Shinshu Plains I||Ōkami [Okami]
20%, very long but a sizable portion is done.mid.pdf
Tower of Spirits (Dungeon)||The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
75%, needs work on chords but very close to done.mid.pdf
Dew Shimmers||LittleBIGPlanet 2
75%, one part in the original may / may not be able to fit in.mid.pdf
Ganon's Tower||The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
80%, a bit messy but ready for submission to the project.mid.pdf.musx
Opening||The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
50%, not even done but there's at least something.mid.pdf
Sealed Grounds||The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
80%, very polished.mid.pdf
Mini-Boss||The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
78%, not sure if I should arrange a part but it's good to go.mid.pdf
Issun's Theme||Ōkami [Okami]
80%, possible fixes but very polished.mid.pdf
Queen Rutela||The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
80%, aside from measure strecthing it's fine.mid.pdf
Village of the Blue Maiden||The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
80%, may need some revision but is fine.mid.pdf
Mirror of Twilight Completed||The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
85%, little formatting errors; short and complete.mid.pdf
Beach Theme (Land)||Super Mario 3D World
45%, playability issues, incomplete.mid.pdf
Fire Sanctuary||The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
40%, percussion is "fun".mid.pdf
A Wolf in Ordon||The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
75%, a couple of ambiguities and system issues but is polished.mid.pdf
Caves||The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons & Ages
85%; almost ready for submission.mid.pdf
Sound Effects||chrome://dino/
85%; very short and complete.mid.pdf
Coo the Owl||Kirby's Dream Land 2
70%, maybe look over a couple of sections.mid.pdf
A Great Spirit Lies in Wait||Ōkami [Okami]
70%; notes are there but needs lots of formatting.mid.pdf
Shinshu Plains (Two Pianos)||Ōkami [Okami]
35%, hard to arrange but some progress was made.mid.pdf
Impa's Fate / Farewell (and Past at Peace)||The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
80%, almost ready for submission.mid.pdf
Link Leaves Ordon||The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
75%, parts are unplayable but is formatted.mid.pdf.musx
Cursed Shinshuu Plains I||Ōkami [Okami]
80%, some unplayable parts but is well formatted.mid.pdf.musx
Take a stroll||Snakebird
80%, has all notes and is formatted well.mid.pdf.musx
Flashback||The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
85%, has all notes and is formatted well.mid.pdf.musx
Elemental Sanctuary||The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
75%, needs some formatting work.mid.pdf.musx

Submitted -
Song
||
Game
Link to Page
Main Theme||The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords AdventuresLink

On Site

Statistics

Arrangement Project – Radiant Historia
Un-arranged | Claimed | Arranged (poor quality) | Arranged (not by myself) | Arranged (by myself) | On-site

Track name and numbering source – https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/radiant-historia-original-soundtrack

01 RADIANT HISTORIA.mid.mus.pdf
02 Mechanical Kingdom.mid.mus.pdf
03 To the Battlefield.mid.mus.pdf.musx
04 Blue Radiance.mid.mus.pdf
05 Forever Proud.mid.mus.pdf
06 To the Future that Awaits Ahead.mid.mus.pdf
07 Beyond the Wilderness.mid.mus.pdf
08 The Edge of Green.mid.mus.pdf
09 Victory!.mid.mus.pdf
10 Dreams Showed by a Cloud of Dust.mid.mus.pdf
11 The Garden Where the Celestite Lies.mid.mus.pdf
12 The Melody Connecting the World.mid.mus.pdf
13 Unending Clear Blue Sky.mid.mus.pdf
14 Shadows Dance in the Darkness.mid.mus.pdf
15 The Red Locus.mid.mus.pdf
16 Wildness and Toughness.mid.mus.pdf
17 Rebellion.mid.mus.pdf
18 Where the Wind and Feathers Return.mid.mus.pdf
19 Impending Crisis.mid.mus.pdf
20 Interrupted Moment.mid.mus.pdf
21 Memories of the World.mid.mus.pdf
22 An Earnest Desire of Grey.mid.mus.pdf
23 Affectionate Moment.mid.mus.pdf
24 -HISTORIA-.mid.mus.pdf
25 -HISTORIA- (instrumental ver).mid.mus.pdf
Help is welcome, but be sure to claim tracks you want.
[close]

* Lkj's Degree of Abandonment. 0 means that I am actively working on it every chance I get and 100 means I will never touch whatever monstrosity I created ever again.
Use this if you want to get the most recent copy available, especially with low LDAs. I will likely only update .pdfs and .mids once in a while. For now anything that goes up here will have all three file formats up to date.

Template for personal use
songTitle||game
LDA
completion.mid.pdf
[quote author=Lkjhgfdsa_77 link=topic=8838.msg355216#msg355216 date=1475281374]
[close]
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lowered an LDA!
Spent a bit of time working on Princess Zelda (technically not a lullaby in MC and that's what my .mp3 refers to it as). I put it in 3/4 time and created the harp harmonics for the first 8 measures. Decided to ignore the first section because of the time signature for now. All file formats are updated. Expect more work on this one, hopefully I'll have enough time to do it. yay school
[excuse my ampersands, without them the table falls apart]
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

mikey

unmotivated

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 02, 2016, 06:56:29 PMlicky
i'm not gonna bother
Updated all Princess Zelda files, put in bassline and a bunch of the harp harmonics in the song. There are some formatting issues, the 8va I wanted to put on the G in m31-32 was affecting the section in m33-38 and two 8th notes are clashing in m34. Still have to do the first section... There's also a glissando-thing in m24 (1:06 - https://youtu.be/s2p8P3jdWpw ) that I found hard to notate.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

"Finished" Princess Zelda! Added the first section with the correct time signature. There are still some formatting errors like note-mashing across a lot of the piece, not to mention general playability issues (m29-36, evens in 37-42). There's also a dissonance problem in beat 5 of m4 that I want to figure out.

I also realized that this piece is ripped straight from a remix of part of the OoT ending theme, does that make this piece redundant?
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on October 09, 2016, 09:43:28 AM"Finished" Princess Zelda! Added the first section with the correct time signature. There are still some formatting errors like note-mashing across a lot of the piece, not to mention general playability issues (m29-36, evens in 37-42). There's also a dissonance problem in beat 5 of m4 that I want to figure out.

I also realized that this piece is ripped straight from a remix of part of the OoT ending theme, does that make this piece redundant?
We're accumulating so many versions of the Kirby Dance that I don't think it's redundant.

mikey

you do realize that & is an ampersand right?  Not |?
unmotivated

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 09, 2016, 06:04:12 PMyou do realize that & is an ampersand right?  Not |?
Yes, the completion description for Princess Zelda used to be longer and without the ampersands (just writing "and") it looped to a second row, I didn't like how it looked and thus ampersands.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

mikey

ok.  I couldn't see any ampersands so I wondered if you were talking about the |
unmotivated

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Started Fi's Theme! I know that Bloop arranged Fi's Gratitude which is probably better than what I'll end up with but this one is in tune to the other variants of the song and it's a really nice song.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Did an entire arrangement of Opening from Twilight Princess. It was shorter than I thought and I was able to get most of it done withing an hour. There are some two-note tremolo parts (marimba / xylophone on the original) which I notated in the fourth layer and will need someone with a better Finale product to provide the proper notation.

Started Herd Game! This was another short one and I got it done quickly. Again two note tremolos pop up (m14), and I make extensive use of staccato. As shown in the OP, the notes are down in the intro but some left hand action will be nice too. There is also some LH in m11-13, 15-17 which I found hard to hear.

Arranged Intro from Four Swords Adventures. Because it's only 5 measures long, it didn't take very long. However, without a solid way to notate the cymbal crashes it feels a bit empty.

Arranged Main Theme from Four Swords Adventures. It's another rehash of the main Zelda theme but it's in a different key, is slower, and has a nice building effect throughout the entire song. This arrangement also comes with a fresh batch of Lkj's Inexplicable Formatting Issues (feat. Finale Notepad) that comes standard with every Lkjhgfdsa_77 arrangement.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Started Legend of Skyloft from Skyward Sword. The piece is divided into two sections - the main war section and the calm outro (2:27). I decided that because of NotePad I would start by splitting up the two sections for now, the main part has some distinct 4/4 sections (0:35), but the outro is in 3/4. I arranged the latter segment of the piece. The main part is giving me some trouble and I would appreciate some feedback when it is done.

30 Nov 2016 - Fixed up Opening from Twilight Princess, added the tremolo parts which I previously notated in the fourth layer. Added pedal markings, dynamic, and a direction to play the tremolo pianissimo, it seemed very loud on playback and is much softer in the original.

(1 Dec 2016 - For some reason at least the .PDF shouldn't be updated, busy right now but I will try to get it fixed as soon as I can.)
(2 Dec 2016 - All file formats of Opening have been fully updated with the tremolo notation.)
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Started and powered halfway through the first part of Legend of Skyloft. The intro 7 measure of tremolo probably needs a look-over, it gets across the general idea and dynamics but the notes them selves could use work. Up until 0:32 (m16) I couldn't identify a solid meter, so I stuck with the 4/4 present in the rest of the piece and used pauses to compensate. After around 0:34 (m18) the left hand repeats itself until 1:06 (m40), and the rhythm repeats until 1:33 (around m59, just over 40 measures!). However, the right hand has non-repeating melody in the entire section. The glissando in m40-41 bothers me because it doesn't seem like it would be playable. Again there is some crashing, notably with the crescendo hairpins, and the 8va in m16-17 seems dangerously close to the dynamics directly under.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Worked on Legend of Skyloft. Now I have a draft of the entire piece, but I will need to work on some things, like -
 - the part at m79 and m87, which has the basic rhythm but I don't know exactly what notes to use.
 - formatting. Notation clashes everywhere and there are spots where the left hand goes sufficiently high and low to warrant a new clef and 8vb. I wrote these in as text as a guideline for fixing.
 - "stitching together" the two parts.
 - a key signature (all natural works fine but I can't find one that works for the entire piece).
 - the F5 in m25-26 sounds too long.
 - the glissando in 51-52 sounds off.

I am announcing that I will be joining the rest of NSM in the holiday spirit by starting the Hopefully-8-But-I-May-Get-Distracted-and-Stop-at-Number-2 Arrangements of Hanukkah (for simplicity I'll refer to it as the 8 Arrangements of Hanukkah)! Every day of Hanukkah (24 Dec 2016 - 1 Jan 2017) I will post one arrangement. I hope to try some non-Zelda music and expand my horizons!
im not even jewish this just gives me more time to procrastinate

21 Dec 2016 - Regarding the H8BIMGDaSaN2 Arrangements of Hanukkah -
 - because each day of Hanukkah starts and ends on a sundown, each arrangement of Hanukkah will be uploaded on the day following its start. (25 Dec 2016 - 1 Jan 2017, sundown of 24 Dec 2016 is the start of the first day of Hanukkah)
 - each arrangement of Hanukkah will be from a different game.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle