NSM Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the updating team, Static!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Lkjhgfdsa_77's Beautiful Arrangements - FSA - Village of the Blue Maiden  (Read 1346 times)

Lkjhgfdsa_77

• Lapras Lullaby
  • *NotePad user, cannot format*
    • View Profile
    • Lkjhgfdsa_77 Art Blog
Re: Lkjhgfdsa_77's Beautiful Arrangements - Wind Waker Arrangement Project
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2017, 03:49:20 AM »

Arranged Mini-Boss for the Wind Waker Arrangement Project. Between the melody, strummed string harmonies, and bassline, there weren't many problems with the arranging. However, when the strummed strings drop out at 0:39 (m29), it seems a little bland and a replacement "filler" would be nice. In addition, the lower countermelody at 0:56 (m41) seems too low and it sounds odd when put at the same octave as the higher part. At the same spot, I wanted to distinguish the Cb Minor scale after the C Major rise four measures before, which lands on its diminished fifth / augmented fourth (F#/Gb) but there was already a Fn right before... I ended up using a double flat (as well as Cb) and if there's a better way to do it let me know. As always there are some minor formatting errors (as well as my slide notation... do people do that?) as well as a lack of a better way to let the performer know that the dotted eighth / sixteenth (dotted quaver / semiquaver) is meant to be played softer than the melody. Note that I didn't arrange the string hits in the repeat under the impression that they just happen when Link hits an enemy; if I should add them in let me know.

Mini-Boss||The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
78%, not sure if I should arrange a part but it's good to go.mid.pdf
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 03:53:18 AM by Lkjhgfdsa_77 »

Lkjhgfdsa_77

• Lapras Lullaby
    • View Profile
    • Lkjhgfdsa_77 Art Blog
Re: Lkjhgfdsa_77's Beautiful Arrangements - Miscellaneous Formatting
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2017, 04:20:07 PM »

Used the latest version of NASF and updated files of Sealed Grounds, Legend of Skyloft, and Inside Forest Haven with better formatting, namely 8vas and clef changes. Because I'm a perfectionist I didn't put the lower 8vas in because I would prefer a 8vb mark; to me it's much more clear as to what to do. Sealed Grounds is also complete in notes terms.

ThatHiddenCharacter

• Birdo's Ballet
  • The Green Thunder strikes again!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Lkjhgfdsa_77's Beautiful Arrangements - Ōkami [Okami] - Issun's Theme
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2017, 10:18:11 PM »

I see that Lanayru Desert from Skyward Sword has an LDA of 90. Can I take it over for you? I kind of want to do it, but not if you want to keep doing it.

Lkjhgfdsa_77

• Lapras Lullaby
    • View Profile
    • Lkjhgfdsa_77 Art Blog

I see that Lanayru Desert from Skyward Sword has an LDA of 90. Can I take it over for you? I kind of want to do it, but not if you want to keep doing it.
Sure. I haven't worked on it in forever and I don't plan on doing anything with it.

Arranged Issun's Theme from Ōkami [Okami]. This one was fairly short and had the same left-hand pattern for the entire track, so it didn't take very long. However, I came across a small problem when adding the melody to the arrangement - the off-beats played by the right hand are too far away from the other parts to not have any insane jumping. I placed this section on the left hand with a bunch of clef changes for now. In addition, the first phrase of the melody is first played by an xylophone but is played with a plucked string in repeats. I notated the mezzo piano and tremolo to be played the first time only, as these articulations more closely replicate the sound of the xylophone. If I should write it again at the end with the different articulation and keep it completely faithful to the original, let me know.

Issun's Theme||Ōkami [Okami]
80%, possible fixes but very polished.mid.pdf

Spent a bit of time getting Main Theme from Four Swords Adventures up to submission quality. I looked over all of the harmonies, added an 8va, added a part, and tried to figure out the middle trumpet voice to work. Will likely need a bit more work but it's fine now.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 09:10:30 PM by Lkjhgfdsa_77 »

Lkjhgfdsa_77

• Lapras Lullaby
    • View Profile
    • Lkjhgfdsa_77 Art Blog
Re: Lkjhgfdsa_77's Beautiful Arrangements - Queen Rutela Replacement
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2017, 03:51:24 PM »

Arranged Queen Rutela from Twilight Princess. This one is already on the site, but the left hand is inaccurate to the original. Because of it's short length and simplicity of notes, it was a very quick arrangement to make. The last measure is stretched out over an entire system, but other than that it's well formatted. My reference .mp3 didn't have the intro present in the YouTube video; if that's how it's played in-game I'll add it later.

Queen Rutela||The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
80%, aside from measure strecthing it's fine.mid.pdf

Lkjhgfdsa_77

• Lapras Lullaby
    • View Profile
    • Lkjhgfdsa_77 Art Blog

Arranged Village of the Blue Maiden from Four Swords Adventures. Four Swords Adventures tends to reuse a lot of earlier Zelda music, especially from A Link to the Past, and this is no different - it's the standard Kakariko Village theme in a minor key. Before m16 there aren't too many voices and I'm able to fit everything in two hands. m16 adds two new voices, the low and high strings. Here I notate everything, and give performance suggestions for those who want to either forgo or play the high strings. This continues through m29. Starting in m30 there are three voices, the high and low string as sell as a barely-audible high xylophone. Everything can be easily played and the last four measures are just a transition to the first section. Because of the amount of notation that I put into the middle of the staff there's a lot of clashing, but it could all be fixed by adding some space in between the staves.

Village of the Blue Maiden||The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
78%, very messy but some staff spacing will make it fine.mid.pdf

NocturneOfShadow

• Nintendo Nocturne
  • shot through the heart
    • View Profile
    • Email

Good job, licky!
WHEN IS NEXT TUESDAY
wethepeopleoftheunitedstatesinordertoformamoreperfectunionestablishjusticeandinsuredomestictranquilityprovideforthecommondefensepromotethegeneralwelfareandsecuretheblessingsoflibertytoourselvesandourposteritydoordainandestablishthisconstitutionfortheunitedstatesofamerica
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 23 queries.