News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Nintendo Switch

Started by DS, September 18, 2016, 08:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DS

So I've been keeping up with the Google notifications for the NX, and I've just heard a few interesting things.
1) The NX was not revealed at the Tokyo Game Show
2) The NX was given a $399 price tag
3) Get this: the NX is going to be a "reboot" for Nintendo with cartridges and a 720p screen

I just get mixed feelings about that... I mean sure it's great that Nintendo is self-aware of the mistakes it had made with the Wii U, but after Star Fox Zero, I've been wary about Nintendo's "return to form"s. Other than Breath of the Wild and maybe Smash 5 rumors (5mash?), the starting game lineup is eh (Dragon Quest and World of Tanks? Seriously?), and it's not going to surpass the specs of Xbox One Scorpio and whatnot. Anyone else got any thoughts?

mikey

It's seriously unlikely that they'll actually go back to carts.  Zelda gameplay we saw at E3 wouldn't even fit one a cart.  Probably not even a compact disc.  Nah, the nx is most likely gonna be bluray
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

EFitTrainr

Nintendo needs to unveil the console's design soon. The longer they wait, the harder it will be to build up hype and awareness for the console
I like food.

E. Gadd Industries

That's everyone's mindset. But, we're at the mercy of Nintendo at this point. And they're being cruel.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

EFitTrainr

I'm not even talking from a fanboy perspective (although yes I am extremely impatient there too)

Whenever you're releasing a brand new product, it takes time to advertise and hype it up. They need to sell consumers on whatever the NX is, and at this point they have 6 months to do it.

They're not being cruel, they're shooting themselves in the foot.
I like food.

E. Gadd Industries

I've heard that phrase before :o
FLUDD has tried to look into possibly unreleased Metroid games that Nintendo abandoned, and after doing some research, he came to that same conclusion.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

DonValentino

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 18, 2016, 08:35:21 AMIt's seriously unlikely that they'll actually go back to carts.  Zelda gameplay we saw at E3 wouldn't even fit one a cart.  Probably not even a compact disc.  Nah, the nx is most likely gonna be bluray

bruh

carts ftw

Olimar12345

This^

What's so hard to believe about carts returning to home consoles? They're still the norm for portable consoles, so why not?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

Because for the amount of space a cart can fit, a disc still fits more.  And a bluray disc (iirc) can hold 4 times as much as a regular compact disc.  Its just the most efficient way to store data
unmotivated

Olimar12345

We'll just have to wait and see what happens, I guess.

MaestroUGC

They have more storage, yes; but carts have a distinct advantage in cutting out loading times, which is something discs can never overcome.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

K-NiGhT

The NX is going to be two Gamecubes duct taped together. Mark my words.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

mikey

Quote from: K-NiGhT on September 18, 2016, 02:32:21 PMThe NX is going to be two Gamecubes duct taped together. Mark my words.
will be twice as good as the GameCube and has 8 player support
Sales will triple
unmotivated

DS

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 18, 2016, 02:41:49 PMwill be twice as good as the GameCube and has 8 player support
Sales will triple
Oh my gosh, I just heard that Resident Evil 7 might come out with the NX (yessssssss), and if that can do for the NX what Resident Evil 4 did with the Gamecube, there just might be hope for Nintendo in the third-party area