Nintendo Switch

Started by DS, September 18, 2016, 08:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

I'm suitably impressed.  Unfortunately I won't be around to play it, but maybe zelda u will come out a bit earlier
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Back to King Boo, it's around Halloween... is this Nintendo's way of showing a spoopy DLC 3?
Also, concerning the 3D Mario, while I didn't catch the heart, I couldn't help but notice the two clips shown: one was some tropical (Latin?) city or other, and the other resembled a sandy fortress of some sort in a desert (Middle Eastern?) So maybe this "new Mario" concept is a world adventure, similar to that in Sonic Unleashed?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Nebbles

I'm impressed, seriously. What a good trailer, and good advertising.

I am REALLY pumped for that 3D Mario title, holy shit.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

cashwarrior1

The Mario game isn't a free-roam game. It does seem to be pretty big in the amount of space given, but there are visible invisible barriers at the edge of the "level".

Sebastian

I don't think much can be said about the Mario game yet since literally only two short clips were shown.

cashwarrior1

Yeah. Well, it seems like the engine is completely different because the movements seemed to be more "fluid" or apply more gravity. I dunno, something seemed notably different and I don't know what.

Dudeman

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on October 20, 2016, 04:06:05 PMYeah. Well, it seems like the engine is completely different because the movements seemed to be more "fluid" or apply more gravity. I dunno, something seemed notably different and I don't know what.
I hate to break it to you, but the footage doesn't look significantly different from the 3D World engine, which is what everyone is comparing it to. It does look like a reskinned 3D World to me...
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

The Nintendo switch is a culmination of all of Nintendo's successes and failures from the past 20 years bundled into a single console, their magnum opus.  It will be the best selling console of the decade.

Feel free to quote me on that 3 years from now
unmotivated

Sir Dino

Spoiler
[close]
this is the console we needed, not motion control for the wii back in 2008, jeez. thank u for this gift nintendo
and that new 3d mario game is what i'm really hyped about tbh

Dudeman

Daaaaamn, Nintendo, back at it again with the tease
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nebbles

"Here's this super cool thing we're doing!

Now wait forever for it, losers."
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

MaestroUGC

March is hardly forever.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

DS

I don't usually take this sort of stance with Nintendo, but I think it just looks like a gimmicks on top of gimmicks to make it a Wii U inside a Wii while also ripping off the PS Vita. And for $299...

cashwarrior1

It's a gimmick that's cool! Plus, lots of 3rd party support! The real question is: what colors does it come in?

Dekkadeci

Augh, I think that naming a video game console the "Switch" is always going to be inappropriate. Whenever I hear "the Nintendo Switch", I keep imagining that Nintendo suddenly started making electrical equipment and stuff you can put in electrical circuits, not more video game consoles. The name "the Wii" is ripe for inappropriate jokes (mainly involving pee), but I think that a name implying that it's for the wrong industry is the bigger turn-off.