News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Shadowkirby is unbanned, rants

Started by EFitTrainr, September 09, 2016, 09:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 09, 2016, 10:18:43 PMthank you so much for your well thought-out and ultimately meaningless comment

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 09, 2016, 10:18:43 PMthank you so much for your well thought-out and ultimately meaningless comment
what is shitpost

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

I actually chuckled pretty hard at that
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FireArrow

I mean, that kind of describes everything about this thread ^-^
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Ruto

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on September 09, 2016, 09:58:25 PMIt isn't really his job; he volunteers his own time to do all this. Nobody OWES you NSM, he hosts this domain and website and runs it out of his own desire (and likely his own pocket). While I'd love to have a more active admin, the idea that he's obligated to do so is silly and entitled.

Yes, he own it and pays for it, but while we're on the topic of asking for power...has anyone not done this yet?

Anyway, a ton of stuff has been bothering me for a while about this place. Buuuut real life calls.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on September 09, 2016, 06:17:46 PMAlthough I wasn't here like 5 years ago, I'd say that it could improve some more. One thing I feel that could improve would be fulfilling requests better. Also, getting older submissions submitted/deleted could also be better. But that's not really anything major, just a couple minor things to think about.

I kind of feel like the updaters sometimes deletes submissions too early, before the arranger have had a good attempt to improve his arrangement. Not really a huge deal, but y.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

The thing that a lot of people misunderstand is that the whole point of the submissions board is for sheets ready for final checks and evaluations. You're supposed to get things fixed before you submit. And deletion isn't an ultimatum; people are always free to resubmit after they fix their sheets.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Latios212 on September 10, 2016, 09:12:01 AMThe thing that a lot of people misunderstand is that the whole point of the submissions board is for sheets ready for final checks and evaluations. You're supposed to get things fixed before you submit. And deletion isn't an ultimatum; people are always free to resubmit after they fix their sheets.
And this is why I barely submit! Because none of my sheets are ready for final checks and I may or may not be too lazy to fix them.
EDIT: Yeah, I should probably apply this more :P

Wrydryn

Glad to see the issue was resolved and is at least promoting some discussion about the management of the forums.

mikey

Quote from: Wrydryn on September 11, 2016, 01:58:47 PMGlad to see the issue was resolved and is at least promoting some discussion about the management of the forums.
o.o
unmotivated

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Wrydryn

Hello everyone! As far as I know I'm still alive and healthy.

mikey

unmotivated

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: shadowkirby on September 09, 2016, 09:52:18 AMafter making an alt called GiIvaSunner and uploading joke arrangements.
I was hit with a ban for an alternate account, which is fine, I broke the rules and that's on me.

So what's exactly the problem? As far as I can tell, the ban was justified considering how the arrangement section isn't really the place for joke accounts or dumb memes. Plus you don't seem to be bothered by the fact that you were banned for making said alt, instead more upset that the mods didn't find your joke funny. Considering how the main arrangements are usually meant to show passion from aspiring musicians and how you broke a rule trying to get to make a joke, I don't see anything remotely wrong with what happened. Besides, as your post clearly proves its not like it was a permaban, so what's the main issue here?

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming