News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Shadowkirby is unbanned, rants

Started by EFitTrainr, September 09, 2016, 09:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

I feel like it's okay to make complaints about things to try and be constructive, but you don't have to go being a jerk about it.

mikey

Is it possible to make a supermod/mini admin that does the same thing? 
I volunteer
unmotivated

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 09, 2016, 02:28:12 PMIs it possible to make a supermod/mini admin that does the same thing? 
This is probably the best idea. We need someone who is extremely neutral to do it.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

FireArrow

I can stand behind needing a more active administrator, nothing against jamaha. Everything else you've said sounds like ranting for the sake of ranting. Mods have improved greatly from their darker days, our submission process is probablavely the best its been in NSM history. You bringing up bygones and publicly calling out users is not an ok way to go about this.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

E. Gadd Industries

I see the mindset of "younger people are idiots" still carries out in the real world, eh? Darn, I was looking forward to not having to deal with that. Oh well. :/
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: FireArrow on September 09, 2016, 02:42:27 PMI can stand behind needing a more active administrator, nothing against jamaha.
^

Quote from: FireArrow on September 09, 2016, 02:42:27 PMEverything else you've said sounds like ranting for the sake of ranting. Mods have improved greatly from their darker days, our submission process is probablavely the best its been in NSM history. You bringing up bygones and publicly calling out users is not an ok way to go about this.
He's just venting out anger. He did get (reasonably) banned after all.

Ninja'd
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

FireArrow

"Venting out anger" is not an excuse for anything.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: FireArrow on September 09, 2016, 03:41:27 PM"Venting out anger" is not an excuse for anything.
That's true. Although my response to someone venting out anger is to ignore them completely, people have different ways of dealing with things, and I'm not going to force people against that.

Also he kinda did bring up some things which he really shouldn't have, and that probably calls for response from those people. I'm just here to talk about this "Vice Admin" thing.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: FireArrow on September 09, 2016, 02:42:27 PMI can stand behind needing a more active administrator, nothing against jamaha. Everything else you've said sounds like ranting for the sake of ranting. Mods have improved greatly from their darker days, our submission process is probablavely the best its been in NSM history. You bringing up bygones and publicly calling out users is not an ok way to go about this.

This is also basically my thoughts. All of the things he complained about aren't even issues at this point--our community is the best it's been in years, in my opinion. (This coming from one of the most outspoken "rebels" against the mods: our mods are doing great jobs.)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

cashwarrior1

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 09, 2016, 06:15:06 PMThis is also basically my thoughts. All of the things he complained about aren't even issues at this point--our community is the best it's been in years, in my opinion. (This coming from one of the most outspoken "rebels" against the mods: our mods are doing great jobs.)
Although I wasn't here like 5 years ago, I'd say that it could improve some more. One thing I feel that could improve would be fulfilling requests better. Also, getting older submissions submitted/deleted could also be better. But that's not really anything major, just a couple minor things to think about.

SlowPokemon

^I'm talking about literally community interaction. There was a time (and I'm not finger pointing because we were all part of the problem) when every other day someone was getting angry or furious at other people's comments and it would turn into this giant flame war argument. The community has mellowed down considerably from those hostile times and I'm willing to take requests not being fulfilled or submissions not being deleted if we can live in peace.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

cashwarrior1

Oh, that's what you meant. Well, as I said, I wasn't here 5 years ago :P

mikey

I think a lot of the members have just gotten to know each other so there's nothing really to arguable about.  Also feels like everyone is making an effort to be good
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: shadowkirby on September 09, 2016, 09:52:18 AMNSM has become a terrible place.

Our site is run by moderators who clearly play favorites, and have egos the size of Alaska. (I'm talking about Maestro and Dudeman, right here.)
Hate to be a dick, but since you're calling people out who in many (though not all) cases have been completely fine, I find no fault in it..
Firstly, our SITE isn't run by any moderator of this forum. Our SITE is run by the updaters. Our FORUM is run by the moderators.

QuoteOur sheet acceptance and updating process has gone to shit, thanks to people thinking they're good at something they are nowhere near qualified to do.
(Looking at you, Bespinben, with your edited comment about me and Dude.)
Uhm, what?
When exactly was the sheet process BETTER? When stuff like this was put on site?
We have a systematic checking system for it now, wherein the updaters (who routinely produce well crafted sheets, ESPECIALLY Ben, despite you calling him out for a personal remark [which I have yet to actually find]).

QuoteSome of the younger members are absolute assholes and get away with it because mods play favorites
(Looking at you, MarioLegoFan-er, I mean, Sebastian)
Uhm, Sebastian is coming up on his 4 year anniversary of registration.. Not exactly new. If anyone is getting away with shit tbh it's a person directly calling people out and making sweeping generalizations of the people who run the place.

QuoteIt's because of your moronic actions that we can't use an alt for a joke.)
No, it's more because of the fact that alts are banned by the rules themselves due to their potential for spam being outweighed by the practical joke application :P

QuoteJamaha, bless your heart, you are not doing your job with upkeeping this website. I know why that is, but it is still your responsibility to appoint someone else as ruler of this place in your absence. Probably Deku or something.
It isn't really his job; he volunteers his own time to do all this. Nobody OWES you NSM, he hosts this domain and website and runs it out of his own desire (and likely his own pocket). While I'd love to have a more active admin, the idea that he's obligated to do so is silly and entitled.
what is shitpost

mikey

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on September 09, 2016, 09:58:25 PMHate to be a dick, but since you're calling people out who in many (though not all) cases have been completely fine, I find no fault in it..
Firstly, our SITE isn't run by any moderator of this forum. Our SITE is run by the updaters. Our FORUM is run by the moderators.
Uhm, what?
When exactly was the sheet process BETTER? When stuff like this was put on site?
We have a systematic checking system for it now, wherein the updaters (who routinely produce well crafted sheets, ESPECIALLY Ben, despite you calling him out for a personal remark [which I have yet to actually find]).
Uhm, Sebastian is coming up on his 4 year anniversary of registration.. Not exactly new. If anyone is getting away with shit tbh it's a person directly calling people out and making sweeping generalizations of the people who run the place.
No, it's more because of the fact that alts are banned by the rules themselves due to their potential for spam being outweighed by the practical joke application :P
It isn't really his job; he volunteers his own time to do all this. Nobody OWES you NSM, he hosts this domain and website and runs it out of his own desire (and likely his own pocket). While I'd love to have a more active admin, the idea that he's obligated to do so is silly and entitled.
thank you so much for your well thought-out and ultimately meaningless comment
unmotivated