News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Shadowkirby is unbanned, rants

Started by EFitTrainr, September 09, 2016, 09:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EFitTrainr

NSM has become a terrible place.

Our site is run by moderators who clearly play favorites, and have egos the size of Alaska. (I'm talking about Maestro and Dudeman, right here.)

Our sheet acceptance and updating process has gone to shit, thanks to people thinking they're good at something they are nowhere near qualified to do.
(Looking at you, Bespinben, with your edited comment about me and Dude.)

Some of the younger members are absolute assholes and get away with it because mods play favorites
(Looking at you, MarioLegoFan-er, I mean, Sebastian. It's because of your moronic actions that we can't use an alt for a joke.)

Jamaha, bless your heart, you are not doing your job with upkeeping this website. I know why that is, but it is still your responsibility to appoint someone else as ruler of this place in your absence. Probably Deku or something.

As some of you probably know, I was recently banned for several weeks after making an alt called GiIvaSunner and uploading joke arrangements.
I was hit with a ban for an alternate account, which is fine, I broke the rules and that's on me. I was also "Warned for plagiarism," because I used arrangements from the main site as the base for my jokes and submitted those jokes. Which is all they were. Jokes.
I like food.

SlowPokemon

Everything you were banned for was reasonable, the mods are reasonable people who don't let favoritism get in the way of serious decisions, the updaters know more about music than you, and Sebastian is not an asshole (and not even young. He's been here for a few years).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

unmotivated

EFitTrainr

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 09, 2016, 10:07:36 AMEverything you were banned for was reasonable, the mods are reasonable people who don't let favoritism get in the way of serious decisions, the updaters know more about music than you, and Sebastian is not an asshole (and not even young. He's been here for a few years).

The updaters may know more than I specifically do, but remember when an entire update had to be taken down because it was hastily done?
I do.

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=8729.0

Sebastian's more of an idiot, I'll give you that.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 09, 2016, 10:11:41 AM<3
welcome back
I missed you
I like food.

EFitTrainr

examples of MLF being a dick

NSM Superlatives:

"Great work, LatBraix!
Can't wait to see more.
A+"

In regards to a comment towards Ruto, who clearly had a problem with the comment.

DK 64:

"Purple: Sheet is perfect note accuracy-wise, formatting-wise, and arranger/composer names, copyright info, titles, and page numbers are properly aligned."
"Inb4 12/8"

Passive-Agressive much?

In terms of favoritism:
"Why is it when MLF is a dick to Ruto he gets nothing but when I was a dick 3 years ago I get warned?"
I like food.

Maelstrom

Quote from: shadowkirby on September 09, 2016, 10:17:28 AMThe updaters may know more than I specifically do, but remember when an entire update had to be taken down because it was hastily done?
I do.

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=8729.0
So, you'll say a blanket statement about an update no one knew about, except Ben?
No, I'm serious. We only found out because Latios notices the sheet counter on the site took a leap. Ben has taken full responsibility, and has made a large effort to change his ways, so stop giving him a hard time about something he regrets doing.

Speaking of which, this isn't the first time it's happened. During your "good old days, where the sheet quality was high," when the counter was nearing the 2000 mark, people were accepting completely unacceptable sheets, and, it got so bad, that many sheets were removed, bringing the total back under 2000 even after the 2000 mark had been reached.

Stop pretending that any of your complaints are suddenly problems now, and have either
A) Always been problems
B) Only seem like problems to you
It's rather annoying, and will probably earn you another ban if you continue to antagonize specific individuals.

EFitTrainr

Did I call you out in this topic? No? Then it's probably because I'm talking about Ben and not you.
And how about that "Thanks to Dude and Shadowkirby" statement he made? That's a dick move.

And as far as the problems that have always been there, how about we not make them worse by accepting projects out of spite?

I know for a fact I'm not thing only one who sees these things as problems.

And updaters are not the main focus of this anyway. Mods are a much bigger problem.
I like food.

Olimar12345

I agree with maelstrom, the DK takeback is a resolved deal and that hatchet needs to be buried. The favoritism thing is and could be an issue. For example, I doubt that anyone will seriously consider the 4-6 month ban ultimatum that was put on mlf upon their next infraction (of apparently any caliber).
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

EFitTrainr

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 09, 2016, 10:52:55 AMI agree with maelstrom, the DK takeback is a resolved deal and that hatchet needs to be buried. The favoritism thing is and could be an issue. For example, I doubt that anyone will seriously consider the 4-6 month ban ultimatum that was put on mlf upon their next infraction (of apparently any caliber).

Whereas Dude put up an image that no one understood until SOMEONE made a shitstorm about it, and look what happened to him!
I like food.

Olimar12345

The image was an obvious joke or parody (there's another thing that is often misunderstood). I've said it before, but a ban on posting that image was not justified in the least.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

EFitTrainr

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 09, 2016, 10:57:00 AMThe image was an obvious joke or parody (there's another thing that is often misunderstood). I've said it before, but a ban on posting that image was not justified in the least.

And for 4 months too
I like food.

Maelstrom

Quote from: shadowkirby on September 09, 2016, 09:52:18 AMOur sheet acceptance and updating process has gone to shit, thanks to people thinking they're good at something they are nowhere near qualified to do.
(Looking at you, Bespinben, with your edited comment about me and Dude.)
Quote from: shadowkirby on September 09, 2016, 10:41:54 AMDid I call you out in this topic? No? Then it's probably because I'm talking about Ben and not you.

And updaters are not the main focus of this anyway. Mods are a much bigger problem.
I'm an updater. Blanket statements still apply to all the updaters, regardless of whether you direct it towards a person in particular or not. And, why did this oddly all-encompassing provocative statement even exist if all you wanted to do was call out a single project?

EFitTrainr

I guess the blame for that falls on my wording, which definitely could have been done better. I meant to have more of a focus on Ben than what ended up happend.
My apologies.
I like food.

mikey

because he's upset and he wants everyone to know that he's unhappy with the forum's current structure.  Keep up, man
unmotivated

Winter

The critical point here is there needs to be an active ADMIN. Having consequences for your decisions as a staff member by this admin figure is crucial. Being a staff member and knowing you are being supervised will be a huge benefit to the unity of our team.

This is not directed at any staff member in particular. In fact, It was me that was responsible for this:

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 09, 2016, 10:35:54 AMDuring your "good old days, where the sheet quality was high," when the counter was nearing the 2000 mark, people were accepting completely unacceptable sheets, and, it got so bad, that many sheets were removed, bringing the total back under 2000 even after the 2000 mark had been reached.

Don't get me wrong, I love Jamaha, in fact, I'd like to see more of him. More administration in general.