Finale Version 25! (New Finale Version)

Started by Tobbeh99, September 02, 2016, 01:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

So I just noticed that a new version of Finale has come out, or more so a "Paid Update" it seems. It nothing too crazy but it does have some nice new features such as:

-Larger and better library of instruments. Notably a better piano sound (Concert D Grand Piano), which sounds slightly more mellow than the Garritan Steinway but way more realistic, better sound quality and just better in general. Listen to it here: http://www.finalemusic.com/products/finale/whats-new/

-They also edited the Garritan Ambience effect. I kind of felt like it sounded kind of weird when I tried using it, too "churchy", which lead me to download a reverb VST for my arrangements. But now they have brushed it up to be a more realistic reverb, and also include a new feature to the reverb called the "Convolution Rooms and Effects". i haven't tried it or heard it but it's probably going to be more deep and more realistic.

-The new version is 64-bit supported! This means that if you have a 64-bit computer, Finale can take advantage of that and for example reduce loading speed.

-Easier to make "tall time signatures". Tig time signatures have become more popular for composers and conductors as the conductors easier can see what time signature it is if they are big. So it can be really handy if you like arranging bigger orchestral pieces.

-Dashed slur. You can now write dashed slurs with ease. It's common in engravings of older music where you want to differentiate what the original composer wrote and what are additions by the copyist.

I've also heard that they will try to make more frequent updates so that they can fix errors and stuff more frequent. One problem that still remains a pain for us arranging for piano is the fact that their pedal lines doesn't connect automatically, so you have to drag them manually ::), they got to fix this... and also, ossias are still a hassle to make... 

Also, if you bought your Finale 2014 copy within 30 days from when it was released, August 16 I think, you can get a free upgrade to the new Finale Version 25!

More on the new features:
http://www.finalemusic.com/products/finale/whats-new/   

Finale's website:
http://www.finalemusic.com/products/finale/
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

Honestly, this is a lackluster upgrade, with the exception of it now being full 64bit.
Nothing worth the upgrade price.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 02, 2016, 02:58:27 PMHonestly, this is a lackluster upgrade, with the exception of it now being full 64bit.
Nothing worth the upgrade price.

Y, I was kind of disappointed with it. It seemed pretty much like the regular 2014.5. the only hope I have is that they have more regular updates with this one. I haven't bought it yet, it costs less as I already have Finale 2014, but I'm not sure if I want to. Kind of silent update, and it's also a paid one. I hope Finale releases like a new version like 2017 or so with more and improved features. This one was a bit subtle.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

braix

but the real question is have they fixed the fucking violin soundfont
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Tobbeh99

Is it bad? I know that the Steinway sound font has problems with that the ff sounding very soft. They did include a lot of new soundfonts and fixed some, so maybe. 

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Maelstrom

Oh, because I was having difficulties, I downloaded the demo.
I think they're dropping the year marking, as the program is just called "Finale."