News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

The Official NSM Collab Thread! :D (for vgm stuff, obviously)

Started by daj, September 01, 2016, 08:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daj

"Darling...when two people with very similar interests trust in each other very much and put their laziness aside for a common project, a collaboration is born."

The Official NSM Music Collab Thread
endorsed by braix.
bwahahaha aww yeah i get to slap on an "official" in the title

Welcome to NSM's Official Music Collab Thread! ^^ Here you can put yourself up for grabs, buy some friends, and publicise your personal ships, not necessarily in that order <3

Eventually, you and your team will be proud collaborators of a wonderful music project ^^

Searching for Collab:

To open up a potential collab, start by putting yourself up for search in a clearly written post. You should probably include these, among other additional details, in your entry:

- the track/sheet/OST you intend to collaborate on, links are nice
- the part you intend to play (eg. Primo, Piano II, Drums, Cowbell etc.)
- OR the skills you have to offer for the project (eg. i can piano, i can guitar, i can edit videos, i can dance for a camera)
- samples of your past performances to show off help others gauge your skill

Here's an example from a request I'm about to put up, with an old format I stole from a particular forum I'm not on anymore ^^

Spoiler
Username: dajwxp
I want to do: Any VGM piece with a simple-to-moderately-tough piano part ^^
I can do: Quite tough-ish piano parts, audio production (editing + mixing).
Samples?: Did a Tree of Life: Roots duet with braix recently! Recorded and edited my own part if you'd like a preview. Here's a link: https://toolazytofindit.com

code:
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]I want to do:[/b] (your intended track/sheet/ost)
[b]I can do:[/b] (your skills)
[b]Samples?:[/b] (optional. do provide links if you've got them)

[close]

There's no need to follow this format - as long as the post is clear, we are good :)

In-Progress:

Once you've been put up for search, other users can express their interest to work with you by posting here. And once you've both agreed on working together, I'll add your names and project to the "in-progress" section, just so everyone knows that awesome stuff is coming :)

I'll probably be following this thread quite closely, but if you guys don't get your names updated, drop me a PM and I'll get to it right away~

Completed:

All finished projects will be added to the "completed" list for future browsing! ^^

Once you've done your recording and a video/audio track is up online somewhere, post some links or drop me a PM, and your collaboration will be eternally crystallised on the boards of NSM :)

If you've done previous collaborations with NSM users/using NSM sheets and would like them featured on this thread, feel free to post them here! :) They will be duly updated ^^

As a side note, it'll help loads if you include the details that I'll need for updating in your post (see "completed" list for the format i use), but it's okay if you don't feel like it! ^^ It just might take some time to go up. Not because I'm lazy.

~

Enjoy your collaborations peeps, have fun! ^^

daj

Searching for Collab:

- braixen1264 | Anything, Pokemon BW is nice | Piano, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Drumset
- cashwarrior1 | Anything | Piano
- NocturneOfShadow | Zelda stuff | Percussive sounds, maybe piano :p
- JDMEK5 | Kinda anything, but time is tight | Piano
- dajwxp | Latios212's Oceanic Museum | Piano II; Piano I is fine too hehe

In-Progress:
-
-
-

Completed:

Completed 30/08/16
[3DS] Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon - Tree of Life: Roots (Two Pianos)
Arranged by braixen1264
Performed by braixen1264 (Piano I) and dajwxp (Piano II)

PDF | SHEET MUSIC VIDEO | YOUTUBE
(ty braix for updating the links for me <3)

mikey

unmotivated

JDMEK5

Man, at first I thought this was for setting up folks for collab arrangements but this is almost as cool :J I liek.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

daj

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 01, 2016, 11:08:10 PMMan, at first I thought this was for setting up folks for collab arrangements but this is almost as cool :J I liek.

You can do that too, btw! ^^ The non-existent rules don't say you can't~

cashwarrior1

I would like to do this, but I don't think my video quality is healthy for anything.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 01, 2016, 11:08:10 PMMan, at first I thought this was for setting up folks for collab arrangements but this is almost as cool :J I liek.
That's my thought as well. So we can make a sheet music arrangement collab?

EDIT: nvm
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

braix

I might as well be the first to do this

Username: braixen1264
I want to do: Something from Pokémon, maybe BW.
I can do: Piano, acoustic guitar, electronic drum set
Samples: Tree of Life: Roots (with dajwxp)
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated

cashwarrior1

I'm feeling really motivated right now, so I'll put mine up..

Username:cashwarrior1
I want to do: I don't really care
I can do: Piano
Samples?: My youtube

Quote from: braixen1264 on September 03, 2016, 09:32:56 AMI want to do: Something from Pokémon, maybe BW.
I want to do "Onward to our respective futures" from BW if you want. It might take a couple months, tho.

daj

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on September 03, 2016, 03:43:53 PMI'm feeling really motivated right now, so I'll put mine up..

Username:cashwarrior1
I want to do: I don't really care
I can do: Piano
Samples?: My youtube

Added! ^^

QuoteI want to do "Onward to our respective futures" from BW if you want. It might take a couple months, tho.

sheet by jdmek5: http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/2429

I actually eyed this sheet once! ^^ It's a little tough but doable; we can see how that turns out~

mikey

Username: NocturneOfShadow
I want to do: Zelda
I can do: Various percussive sounds, maybe piano
Samples: N/A
unmotivated

JDMEK5

Quote from: dajwxp on September 03, 2016, 04:09:03 PMIt's a little tough but doable
Apologies

I'm all for doing some B/W stuff with Braix or whoever (or even Zelda with Noc) but be warned that I have so much on the go that I have no idea how long it'll take me to do anything I'm given.

My Arrangements