News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Nocturne's Nuggets of Knowledge

Started by mikey, September 01, 2016, 03:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmpharosAndy

Why not? Are someone's actions not a good way to determine character?
innit

Dudeman

You know, I was thinking the same thing.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

"Don't play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon on an empty stomach."
unmotivated

F. L. U. D. D.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 12, 2017, 08:07:34 PM"Don't play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon on an empty stomach."
Why can't you play Pokémon Mystery Dungeon on an empty stomach??
E. Gadd for Mayor 2018
"Maybe someday, he'll invent something that doesn't suck."

Spoiler
[close]

AmpharosAndy

innit

Maelstrom

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Maelstrom

mikey

"In the abstract, choices can't be good or bad.  That metric is influenced solely by external factors such as morality.  There are merely desirable outcomes and undesirable outcomes.  Don't make good choices; make decisions with favorable consequences."
unmotivated

Dudeman

Okay sure, but Squirtle is objectively better
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

let's go down the rabbit hole

Bulbasaur is objectively the best starter in the Japanese and English versions of RBYG because of the Brock through walls glitch

outside of that, I don't care enough to argue

giving the example of starters, however, each option has a significantly different outcome due to type advantage (bulbasaur is great for most of the gyms due to super effectiveness and resistances, for example), but no path taken can be said to be better or worse than another just because of the RNG present in this crappy excuse for a video game.  That said, if you desire the game to be easy, it may be smart to choose bulbasaur for the above reason.  If your goal is to be the very best, like no-one ever was, Charmander may be for you.  If you just wanna be cool, sure pick squirtle
and smoke weed everyday while you're at it
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Blastoise got the worst Mega. Like, who cares about Attack. Blastoise don't need that. Defenses? Blastoise already has those. Just dump all the points into Speed and SpA, give it a Dark type, and BAM. You got a good Mega Blastoise. How did they mess that up.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber