News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Nocturne's Nuggets of Knowledge

Started by mikey, September 01, 2016, 03:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 06, 2016, 03:35:21 PMThat one didn't have much to do with opinions.  If someone is convinced that, say, broccoli is bad for you, it's not worth trying to convince them that's simply not true, because no matter what you say they'll continue to believe what they've learned on their own.

"When you don't feel like laughing is the best time to laugh."

Like when I'm bored and waiting for the buss. Lol, I'll try that one out and see how people react. Will be as awkward as this, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJotVinhXJ4
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Oronoco

It really works, though. So does throwing your arms up above your head or running around like Star Fox.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Dudeman

How does Star Fox run around? inb4 "his name isn't star fox"
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Oronoco

Mmm. You know. Oh-so-deftly. Whoops.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 07, 2016, 11:04:48 AMNoc I both appreciate and enjoy these knowledge-sized bites. Pls keep doing them despite what the conversation does!
Yeah no plz keep it up despite what my comment may have seemed like. Don't misread me. Just wanted to take the opportunity to clarify that.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

braix

Some few months ago I had the idea to make a thread like this but I couldn't think of a good title so I threw away the idea
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FireArrow

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 07, 2016, 01:16:48 PMLike when I'm bored and waiting for the buss.

Spoiler
buss
/bəs/
noun
noun: buss; plural noun: busses

a kiss.

verb
verb: buss; 3rd person present: busses; past tense: bussed; past participle: bussed; gerund or present participle: bussing

kiss
[close]

oh my
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Tobbeh99

lol.

btw "buss" in Swedish is "bus" lol. Must be because of that lol.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

"Curse words are a lazy substitute for effective communication".
unmotivated

Bloop

That's probably why all my conversations are ineffective

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 27, 2016, 10:58:30 PM"Curse words are a lazy substitute for effective communication".

This is true. Curse words can be effective, but less so the more you use them.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

E. Gadd Industries

But the real question is, why are curse words considered taboo?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

Most of them are derived from actual vulgarities from other older languages
For reference: http://www.businessinsider.com/swear-word-origins-2013-12
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!