Submission Information:

Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man II
Console: Game Boy
Title: Crash Man
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

LeviR.star

Ok, so there's several things that are beyond my control at this point in time due to my crummy version of Finale Notepad and need fixed. Here are some of the problems:

1. Repeat signs are not working, which is why I left some out.
2. I'm not sure if I got the tempo or the key signature right, and the tempo marking is not an expression, so that needs to be changed.
3. The notes in the third staff need to be turned into red notes as a new layer, so that an extra staff isn't needed.
4. I'm hesitant on some of the harmonies and chords; you know what to do.
5. I need a 2/4 time measure at the very end before the repeat sign, even if it's simply a percussion feature.
6. There are still some alignment and font issues that need worked on that I can't fix.
7. My recording software is currently not working, so the midi file isn't there right now.
8. Most importantly, I need a bunch of octave signs so that the notes don't overlap with the text.

Once Christmas rolls around I can buy Finale 2014 and make it so these types of problems can be fixed myself in the future. Thanks a bundle!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

First off, let me congratulate you for being daring enough to expose your ears to the hideous abomination that is the Mega Man II soundtrack. Now, to business:
Quote from: LeviR.star on October 16, 2016, 10:53:04 AM1. Repeat signs are not working, which is why I left some out.
Just because they don't affect playback doesn't mean you shouldn't include them anyway. These sheets are made to be read; playback within your engraving software of choice should come second to the appearance of the sheet.
Quote2. I'm not sure if I got the tempo or the key signature right, and the tempo marking is not an expression, so that needs to be changed.
Here is my favorite tempo tapper; use it to find the tempo yourself. I'll tell you now that your sheet's a little on the fast side. The key signature is correct, though, good job!
Quote3. The notes in the third staff need to be turned into red notes as a new layer, so that an extra staff isn't needed.
You can do multiple layers yourself in Notepad. Use the numbered buttons in the bottom-left-hand corner to change the layer and input the notes over the top of the existing layer(s).
Quote4. I'm hesitant on some of the harmonies and chords; you know what to do.
Honestly, this isn't our job to fix. If you can point out which harmonies/chords you're hesitant on yourself, though, we can do our best to help identify the problems for you to fix.
Quote5. I need a 2/4 time measure at the very end before the repeat sign, even if it's simply a percussion feature.
I was about to say that this is incorrect, you only need a 4/4 measure, but I just realized that you've got the note lengths about twice as fast as you need them. If you double the BPM and halve the note lengths, the sheet will look a lot better imo.
Quote6. There are still some alignment and font issues that need worked on that I can't fix.
You can use the Text tool in NotePad to highlight text, then use the dropdown menu from the Text menu in the top toolbar to change the font. Alignment can be finicky so I don't expect you can fix that.
Quote7. My recording software is currently not working, so the midi file isn't there right now.
You can use Save As... to save a midi file using NotePad. This shouldn't be an issue.
Quote8. Most importantly, I need a bunch of octave signs so that the notes don't overlap with the text.
You can assist with this by moving the notes that need to have an 8va over them down an octave, and then specifying which sections need an 8va line put over them.

NotePad is incredibly limited, but everything you've requested assistance with here is perfectly doable with NotePad 2012. Unless I've missed some very important information, you should have no problem getting a start on these fixes yourself.

As a final note, please post a YouTube video of the piece you arranged when you submit so that reviewers have a reference right there when they open the topic:
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dudeman on October 16, 2016, 01:13:26 PMFirst off, let me congratulate you for being daring enough to expose your ears to the hideous abomination that is the Mega Man II soundtrack. Now, to business:Just because they don't affect playback doesn't mean you shouldn't include them anyway. These sheets are made to be read; playback within your engraving software of choice should come second to the appearance of the sheet.Here is my favorite tempo tapper; use it to find the tempo yourself. I'll tell you now that your sheet's a little on the fast side. The key signature is correct, though, good job!You can do multiple layers yourself in Notepad. Use the numbered buttons in the bottom-left-hand corner to change the layer and input the notes over the top of the existing layer(s).Honestly, this isn't our job to fix. If you can point out which harmonies/chords you're hesitant on yourself, though, we can do our best to help identify the problems for you to fix.I was about to say that this is incorrect, you only need a 4/4 measure, but I just realized that you've got the note lengths about twice as fast as you need them. If you double the BPM and halve the note lengths, the sheet will look a lot better imo.You can use the Text tool in NotePad to highlight text, then use the dropdown menu from the Text menu in the top toolbar to change the font. Alignment can be finicky so I don't expect you can fix that.You can use Save As... to save a midi file using NotePad. This shouldn't be an issue.You can assist with this by moving the notes that need to have an 8va over them down an octave, and then specifying which sections need an 8va line put over them.

NotePad is incredibly limited, but everything you've requested assistance with here is perfectly doable with NotePad 2012. Unless I've missed some very important information, you should have no problem getting a start on these fixes yourself.

As a final note, please post a YouTube video of the piece you arranged when you submit so that reviewers have a reference right there when they open the topic:

Thank you for the feedback; I've been wanting to switch layers but I never knew how. A couple questions, though:

1. I tried out the tempo tapper, but the tempo it told me I was going was about 10 bpm faster than I expected. Maybe I'm really bad at tapping?
2. I only need to mark where I need the 8vas and 15vas, right?

By the way, I've already started on Magnet Man. Wish me luck!  :D
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: LeviR.star on October 16, 2016, 05:34:21 PM1. I tried out the tempo tapper, but the tempo it told me I was going was about 10 bpm faster than I expected. Maybe I'm really bad at tapping?
Over a long period of time, any inconsistencies in your tapping will gradually average out. If you can find an "extended" version of the song you can keep tapping forever until you feel like you've gotten a good sample size. It doesn't look like there's one out there for this particular song, but the video Dudeman linked should still be plenty long enough to tell

Quote from: LeviR.star on October 16, 2016, 05:34:21 PM2. I only need to mark where I need the 8vas and 15vas, right?
Yup, you can use the text tool for that. Think of it as a sticky note for whoever can edit with a higher version of the software

Quote from: LeviR.star on October 16, 2016, 05:34:21 PMBy the way, I've already started on Magnet Man. Wish me luck!  :D
Good luck ;)

Latios212

Hey, I appreciate your effort, but the submissions board is not the place to ask for help formatting your sheet. People will help you out if you ask for help on the appropriate Help board, and the Personal Arrangement Threads board is there for you to post any sheets you want, finished or not, and get comments on them. But please try and refrain from submitting something if it's still unfinished and unformatted.

Rule of thumb: If you are not 100% confident that your sheet is ready to be on site AS IS, don't submit it.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on October 16, 2016, 06:25:05 PMHey, I appreciate your effort, but the submissions board is not the place to ask for help formatting your sheet. People will help you out if you ask for help on the appropriate Help board, and the Personal Arrangement Threads board is there for you to post any sheets you want, finished or not, and get comments on them. But please try and refrain from submitting something if it's still unfinished and unformatted.

Rule of thumb: If you are not 100% confident that your sheet is ready to be on site AS IS, don't submit it.

Thanks, Latios212! I'll be more careful! By the way, how do I make my tempo marking into an expression instead of just plain text?

Latios212

Yep, long as you remember that for next time, it's alright.

I don't think Notepad can do that at the moment, just checked. But people will be more than willing to help you out if you ask nicely here
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: LeviR.star on October 16, 2016, 06:30:16 PMBy the way, how do I make my tempo marking into an expression instead of just plain text?
There's a template available over on this thread for getting tempo markings to work.
Additionally, there's a variety of other useful stuff on this thread too.
But as Latios said, the submissions board isn't really the place to be answering stuff like this. Head on over to the "Help" and "Personal Arrangement" boards to learn more about getting your submissions up to snuff ;)

LeviR.star

Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on October 16, 2016, 08:00:20 PMThere's a template available over on this thread for getting tempo markings to work.
Additionally, there's a variety of other useful stuff on this thread too.
But as Latios said, the submissions board isn't really the place to be answering stuff like this. Head on over to the "Help" and "Personal Arrangement" boards to learn more about getting your submissions up to snuff ;)

Sounds good! By the way, with play practice every night, I get a little busy, so I may not have this ready until next weekend.

LeviR.star

Alright, the fixed version is currently waiting in the Personal Arrangements Thread with a few things needing to be changed. I'll just wait.  :)

Maelstrom

Sooooooo...... Are you waiting there? Like you will delete this here? Or are you waiting here?

LeviR.star

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 05, 2016, 02:38:38 PMSooooooo...... Are you waiting there? Like you will delete this here? Or are you waiting here?

Like I already said, the fixed version is waiting for critique in the other thread mentioned above. Sorry, it's been there for, I don't know, two weeks.

LeviR.star

LeviR.star

Alright, the new version's here now, too; I'm not exactly sure what's taking so long here.