News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

TWG XC Post Game

Started by davy, August 13, 2016, 01:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Gg everyone! Lots of fun was had! No hard feelings, right BDS? 90% of the time my messages were intended to pointlessly drag on our conversation with random bs lol. I found it very amusing xD
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

daj

Quote from: davy on August 13, 2016, 01:11:56 PMNocturneOfShadow gets mad at Brainy for not reviving him, yet decides to continue to trust him when Brainy's excuse is: "I forgot".

Words cannot describe how much I love this one <3

~

Anyway, yeah! ^^ Great game guys, haha.

And, um, some extra cents! :)

~

QuoteTWG Falcon (TZP) vigi's Bubbles because a random vigi has a high chance of hitting an enemy as he words it. Daj decides to throw a curveball by vigi'ing and guarding Bubbles in the same night phase, which puts a spotlight on bubbles.

So bubbles, I did guard you. Hehe ^^
Such are the woes of being the first name on a list, haha xD

QuoteE. Gadd only reveals this account on the condition that daj guards FireArrow the next night phase, which he does. In the mids of all of this, Brainy contacts E. Gadd in order to exchange information. Brainy leaks all the information about team purple to E. Gadd, while E. Gadd leaks the false information about FireArrow (and eventually about the red team) to Brainy. E. Gadd then finally decides to claim to BDS, which makes BDS thinks he has the complete team red united. FireArrow asks team purple to vigi E. Gadd, the red reviver

Possibly the dirtiest move in the game, I think. E. Gadd did tell me to defend FA and so I did, but thinking back on that a blue victory would have been much harder without FA around. In exchange for that I decided to let the pink vigi eliminate our own red reviver, hehe. Reason being that E. Gadd was being almost as shady as I was (playing around false claims and stuff) and it was weird. Talk about a double betrayal, haha.

~

Blue was lucky because we didn't have any inactive members, we -mostly- (ahem reviving yourself) didn't miss any actions, and we made the subconscious decision to play extremely safely. The exception was FA, who was in everyone's team by like, Night 3, and everyone was hunting him. Hehe.

I think we had a pretty solid combination of playing styles too, haha. FA was easily the most aggressive player in the game, Brainy was making "friends" with everybody behind the scenes, and Olimar and I took turns to draw attention to weird lynch targets on the thread. It was so easy to fit into the blue team when I popped in, haha. Like, seriously. Perfect fits. When Olimar gets trolling too much I say something stupid and suddenly people are confused. Meanwhile we clear the board behind the scenes, bwahahaha.

So, um, yeah, for my fellow blues:

FA, despite all the stuff you thought you did wrong, I think you're the easy MVP. Because you had balls. Like, huge balls. Maybe being a seer gives you the power to do whatever you please, but you were easily the craziest seer a team could ask for. Plus, you did exactly what a seer had to do - find out who everybody was. You just...went beyond what your powers let you do. Hehe.

And now I saw this:

QuoteNocturne revives Bowser, Brainy and Yoshi both revive Olimar.

So you went all-out to help blue since the second night, and I think that really helped with our victory. :) There were times when I realised how easy it would be for orange to win if you just surrendered to them, then I saw the tactics you were playing and went "nah, this guy is our homie <3". Big cheers, man. You deserve that MVP for sure :)

~

Brainy, for getting lynched on the first night in the other game (and apparently most other games), proved to be a deadly player. Tingle's identity was well concealed (at least when I was working with pink haha), and somehow, no one wanted to kill you until they realised it was too late. In fact, it was actually Brainy that directed me to join the blues after E. Gadd was removed. It was just a simple message - it only suggested his identity, but it was pretty clear as day that he would be my last resort if pink failed. So yeah, fantastic play by Brainy too <3

~

Olimar played like a champion. He drew so much attention to himself on the thread that I didn't want to claim to him at first, but eventually when I joined blue it came together as a fantastic strategy to draw attention away from our more important members. Plus, it was fantastic watching BDS get trolled (hehe). Played like a champ too <3

~

Special mentions to other players!

BDS haha we all saw this coming. You were...possibly the most reasonable out of all the voters during the day phases. So um, Olimar started trolling you. And then I joined in to play with your alt. And stuff. Yeah. But you were easily one of the best non-blue players out there. You made the best arguments, you had pretty much enough proof to get us.

And so we won with the power of...you know. Crazy shit.

Falcon (TZP) proved to be a fantastic player. I felt lucky to have him on my team in pink...but once E Gadd was removed I quickly realised that, well, this guy was going to be a problem. I didn't have the means to kill him, but I did have the means to defend him from non-existent vigis. So I promised to defend him while saving other blue people, hoping silently that someone would realise what a threat this guy was and kill him.

Um, they didn't until he exactly revealed the whole blue team, and then I realised that we would be fukced if he stayed alive. Yep, pretty much.

The game on the blue side more or less revolved around killing revivers, trolling the most reasonable debater BDS, and trying to get rid of the mastermind Falcon. In no particular order.

So yeah, cheers to you guys for making this game so much more entertaining.

Was a great one, see you guys in the next TWG! :)

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: dajwxp on August 13, 2016, 07:57:03 PMPlus, it was fantastic watching BDS get trolled (hehe).
How original. I'm (almost) used to it by now. :-\
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

FireArrow, I agree with you that Daj deserves MVP.  Daj--your false-claim with Kirby was extremely slick, and you got in a position of control very smoothly.  I think you played smarter than just about anybody else this game, except for maybe BDS, who wasn't quite as radical in his strategies.

FireArrow, you're a close second, easy.  I realize that not everything worked out for you exactly as planned, but the fact is that you went out GUNS BLAZING night 1 and had a better grip on the game in its early stages than anyone else.  Perhaps you overextended your grasp a bit, but by the time everyone caught on, you had given your teams basically all the information needed to win.

BDS- You were a great alliance leader, and you pretty much always knew what was going on.  It's a shame that E. Gadd suicided, because you would have had the best shot at stopping the blue team.

Bubbles- I had less of a read on you than any other player the whole game, so kudos, I guess?

Shadowkirby- be active boi

Olimar- You are the biggest troll, dear gosh.  You played well, though.  Good job starting a game-winning alliance before Day 1!

AwesomeYears- You said it all.  We needed you.

Noc- I really did go back and forth FOREVER on whether to trust you.  Is he just lying to me?  Is he actually orange, but faking his alt?  Is his alt orange?  I think it's a shame you didn't level with me more, because your hunch that I was orange was good--you just didn't give me much of an opportunity to add you to the orange alliance, and Bubbles iced me before I could figure it out.

E. Gadd- Mistakes happen, bud.  Don't feel too bad.  It's been fun playing with you!

Brainy- You played well!  You were essentially the lynchpin around which the blue team rotated, and you played that part well.  Although you had exactly zero people convinced when you said you weren't the blue reviver at the end of the game, lol.

Maelstrom- I killed you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other thoughts:
-How, how, HOW did Daj and I both vigi Bubbles Night 1.  Those odds.
-BDS, I think an important note for the endgame is that there was no orange-blue alliance.  It was literally just blue, + TWG Yoshi.  The orange team was obliterated.
-Is 46 pages a record?
-Brainy, did you actually share screenshots?
-We got extraordinarily lucky Night 5 with FireArrow's pm goof and Bubbles and my shots in the dark.  Somehow the ball just dropped after that.
-Also: I submitted a vigi on TWG Mario the night after we lynched him.  At this point I think I was just really checked out of the game because of work lol.  I deserved to be vigi'd that night.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on August 13, 2016, 08:51:03 PM-BDS, I think an important note for the endgame is that there was no orange-blue alliance.  It was literally just blue, + TWG Yoshi.  The orange team was obliterated.
At that time, I had no idea whether Noc was colluding with blue (because he likely couldn't have won with purple at that point), or what your own goals were (until you outed the members of blue, at least).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

lmaoo this game was a mess Davy you were probably yelling the whole time when we sent our pms

not my best but I still claim my previous frustrations. I'm not sure what I expected from a game designed for alliances

FireArrow

Quote from: dajwxp on August 13, 2016, 07:57:03 PMBecause you had balls.

It basically went like this:

Me: "Hey davy can I revive FireArrow using Yoshi?"
Davy: " Yeah bb hmu after ;]"
Me: "lol time to do whatever I want"
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

davy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 13, 2016, 05:29:51 PMThat's kind of the problem with the game being so reviver-centric. Speaking of which, there are a few changes I'd suggest to make to this game format to make it a little more balanced:
1: Make seers more powerful, e.g. have the results give role along with color (since the seering itself is rather useless except for verifying claims or in conjunction with information obtained from other sources), have the person being seered have their power negated, or have the option to instead get the name of the person's alt and its color (a bit iffy on this one, as it would make the game more centered around finding out peoples' identities, which might lessen the impact of having anon accounts in the first place)
2: Add a roleblocker (if you don't give the seer that power), though this would require adding more players.
3: Add a "can only be revived once" limit, which would be critical in games with more players so you don't end up in a situation where one team can keep reviving the same players over and over again.

Making seers more powerful and adding a roleblocker power both seem like good ideas. I can see where you are comming from with idea 3, but I think that would make it too easy to cripple a team just by killing its members twice.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

TheZeldaPianist275

Wait, FireArrow convinced Bubbles Falcon was blue?

FireArrow

Well the goal was to get her to convince BDS but I don't think she ever passed on the info :c
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

davy

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on August 14, 2016, 11:56:40 AMWait, FireArrow convinced Bubbles Falcon was blue?

Quote from: Bubbles on August 03, 2016, 07:58:51 PMoh should prob mention that falcon is blue and the list is faked. js

Quote from: Bubbles on August 05, 2016, 10:06:55 PMidk man. It doesn't make any sense to me that Falcon isn't blue.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BlackDragonSlayer

Falcon being blue didn't really make sense, especially when it appeared as if his sole goal was to destroy blue so orange would have a chance (or so I thought)!

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

That whole thing was such an overlook on my part lmaoo I didn't look close enough at time stamps or think things through well since 90% of this game I played on my phone at work so

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.