Spoil the ending of your favourite video game with no context

Started by Nitro Indigo, August 08, 2016, 09:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro Indigo

I saw this on Tumblr once, and thought it would be fun. Basically, spoil the ending of your favourite game, but don't tell us what it is, or explain why things happened.

I'll be doing my top five favourite video games, but you don't have to.
  • A girl sings, the protagonist steals his best friend's jewellery, then said best friend smiles. (Actually, this ending is really sad. Why am I making fun of it?)
  • The planet now has three rings, which never appear in another game in the series again. (This game doesn't have much of a plot.)
  • An orange sphere explodes, and a couple of cats are mortal now.
  • The old people, and the only cool character in the game, turn into sparkles and fly away into the sunset.
  • The boat dies, then you set sail for new adventures, only on Nintendo DS.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Altissimo

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

You pull a sword out of midair and proceed to curbstomp the final boss.

SlowPokemon

This should be in forum games.

Mine is everyone's a robot.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

E. Gadd Industries

You find a planet with even more creatures on it. (Not my favorite, but oh well. ;))
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

daj

you cycle all the way across a whole frikkin island. across the water and mountains and all.

you feel like the king of the world, and rightfully so.

DS

You just committed mass genocide and completely ignored the slaughtering of the entire army, but at least Peppy isn't dead.

BlackDragonSlayer

I'll do three of them:
  • You trick a bad guy into dying when a skeleton pops out, and then the skeleton dies.
  • You beat a giant robot by destroying its jewels, but you don't really kill it, and then your brother dies.
  • You are the villain, you beat the villain, then you get betrayed by a giant mechanical space worm, and then you fall asleep. And then you get shot by the villain, but it's probably just a dream.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dekkadeci

Quote from: DS on August 08, 2016, 05:59:52 PMYou just committed mass genocide and completely ignored the slaughtering of the entire army, but at least Peppy isn't dead.
The OP doesn't mention a single character's name, and you just did...

...Anyway, my gaming nowadays is almost purely puzzle games on smartphones, and those don't really have plots, so I'll spoil the endings of games I've read about instead. Hint: I've played exactly one of these games:
  • Our protagonists think they've drilled through and blown up the rogue supercomputer. ...Think again!
  • Our hero has saved the world...but it turns out that it's not his world, and all his memories of befriending his partner were falsified.
  • You've just defeated the zombie doctor bent on world domination, woo.
  • Our heroes have defeated the demon dragon lord, especially with the help of the resurrected phoenix. ...Wait, the phoenix is the demon dragon lord's son?!?
  • Too many bad guys have joined Team "Ancient Robot". Turns out our hero is an "Ancient Robot" himself and opts to seal all the "Ancient Robot"s in, including himself. ...But then he wants to go back.

A bonus that isn't from a video game but is from a game with a storyline that may never end, but this is the spoiler for the end of its latest story arc:
  • It's been preordained in the cards. Our heroes will seal the villain! ...Wait, she sealed herself in?!?

Nitro Indigo

@Dekkadeci
SOMEONE ELSE ON NSM HAS HEARD OF KLONOA?!

Yes, you were right on the other thread.
[close]
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Dudeman

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on August 09, 2016, 12:47:43 AM
@Dekkadeci
SOMEONE ELSE ON NSM HAS HEARD OF KLONOA?!

Yes, you were right on the other thread.
[close]
I feel hurt.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nebbles

You shoot up a doctor and the heart of an island to stop his wacky (and totally evil) experiments on rabbits.

You killed the bad guy and got your girl back from the dead but she's gonna die in a few years anyway so it's not that happy after all and also everyone fucking dies in the sequel so don't get attached the original cast

Most of your family is dead and a dragon woke up and destroyed the world. But everything's okay.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dudeman

Turns out that the ancient demon who promised to resurrect your girlfriend was using you and resurrects himself using you as his vessel. The good news is the priest dude seals him away; the bad news is that includes you. Oh, and the demon actually did resurrect your girlfriend. And your horse actually didn't die. Sucks to be you, man.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book