You just committed mass genocide and completely ignored the slaughtering of the entire army, but at least Peppy isn't dead.
The OP doesn't mention a single character's name, and you just did...
...Anyway, my gaming nowadays is almost purely puzzle games on smartphones, and those don't really have plots, so I'll spoil the endings of games I've read about instead. Hint: I've played exactly one of these games:
- Our protagonists think they've drilled through and blown up the rogue supercomputer. ...Think again!
- Our hero has saved the world...but it turns out that it's not his world, and all his memories of befriending his partner were falsified.
- You've just defeated the zombie doctor bent on world domination, woo.
- Our heroes have defeated the demon dragon lord, especially with the help of the resurrected phoenix. ...Wait, the phoenix is the demon dragon lord's son?!?
- Too many bad guys have joined Team "Ancient Robot". Turns out our hero is an "Ancient Robot" himself and opts to seal all the "Ancient Robot"s in, including himself. ...But then he wants to go back.
A bonus that isn't from a video game but is from a game with a storyline that may never end, but this is the spoiler for the end of its latest story arc:
- It's been preordained in the cards. Our heroes will seal the villain! ...Wait, she sealed herself in?!?