Ahh, thank you all for your comments <3 You're all amazing
Now to talk about some stuff, hehe:
Amazing job! It sounds so good that I want to try to play it! (but it'll probably kill my hands since I can barely even play the Entertainer )
Well good luck with that because I think even calling it 'theoretically posible" is a stretch.
Agrees. Is there even a pianist who could play those double-note sextuplets and septuplets in the beginning at 190 bpm!?
Some extra info! Hehe.
The score is designed only with these three conditions:
1. Only four parts can be active at any time.
2. The largest harmonic (play at the same time) interval is a major 9th (octave + another key).
3. You need nothing more than two hands and ten fingers to play everything.
So the main kind of "impossible device" here is that there's a flourish and melody in the same part, and while the harmonic intervals are okay, the flourishes go everywhere and you need to make insane leaps in split-second timings to catch the next melody-flourish dyad. Hehe.
Is this impossible? Not really. But it's far from Lisztian (Liszt actually intended to play his own etudes). It borders on unpianistic, actually, but it's still within the bounds of "theoretically possible"
1. I thought the song was awesome all the way through! XD for the first 25 measures, I thought the LH was a lot less menacing, even empty (comparatively speaking ), and then the sheet got to m26. Sweet merciful crap. That went from 35 to 170 over the course of a transition between two measures XD
First of all thank you so much for that, you made my day and the days ahead <3
The opening should have sounded less intense, but the emptiness was a tiny compositional kinda-fault on my end.
The track uses open 5ths over triads but suggests G-sharp minor, and that makes it a little tough to score (complicated shit here haha). The left-hand accompaniment patten in that section is almost-exact, actually, so it's all open 5ths. The only way I suggested G-sharp minor was through those subtle middle-voice single-note tremolos in the right hand, hehe ^^
2. What would all of you do if, at some point, you see a video I uploaded of me (successfully) performing this piece?
Well one thing you can do is play it at like 10 bpm and then speed the video up!
Even if you pull this off using Latios' technique, I will instantly send two hundred bucks to your bank account haha. Is it possible? Yeah. But I assure you you'll still need to practice the score, and you'll need to practice it until you want to kill yourself and burn the sheet alive bwahahahahahahaha
That, and you become my instant hero! <3
Once again thank you for all your comments guys, love ya all
Oh yes! I'll be doing another of these at some point in the next two months, hehe. I'm currently undecided on what sheet to...erm, make changes to, but if you've got ideas I'd really appreciate them! ^^ If you have a sheet that you want bastardised that'll be awesome too, it would be a cool collab <3