News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

red ring

Started by zahndy, June 30, 2008, 02:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zahndy

did someone ever got the red ring of death ( Three red lights on the Xbox 360 ring piece indicator representing "general hardware failure", commonly referred to as the "Red Ring of Death" (RROD).)
exept noxus21
and what were the costs of fixing it :-\
please delete this account

MasterPenguin

I sent in my Xbox 360 to Microsoft, and they're fixing it for free. I forgot to remove the hard drive, and it got stole though.. =[. So it cost me the amount to get a new hard drive..Forget how much that was.

So yeah. Microsoft fixed mine for free, including shipping & handling. I payed nothing. :D.

Harvest

I'm glad I've never had one of those.
-

MetroidHunter26

Me neither...but I did get a few for playing to long but it still works fine *THANK GOODNESS!* but my friends 360 broke twice XD it broke normaly due to some overheating so they sent it and got the 3 year warranty and THEN after a few weeks his little brother forgot to turn it off and closed the little door leaving in a confied space causing to overheat AGAIN XD! There going to send it in again and the 360 isn't his..It's his dads! XD

Parker2334

RRODs can be fixed for free.

I bought a xbox in 2006 and it stopped reading disks around feb of 2007. Microsoft sent me a refurbished 360 for free and I gave them back mine
THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

zahndy

who do you think that has the best costomer service: microsoft, nintendo or sony?

MetroidHunter26

Nintendo and Microsoft That's what I think (for Nintendo I only asked to fix the L R buttons and They fixed THE WHOLE thing! and no extra charge :D and Microsoft not yet I havn't broke anything yet but what I hear there like Nintendos customrer service)

zahndy

yeah but nintendo has this huge online costomer service + error codes,

( ps: 100th post XD )

KefkaticFanatic

Nintendo has the best customer service.  They're helpful, American, actually know what they're talking about, and usually don't put you through 12 different people.

me irl
[close]

Harvest

Yeah, I phoned Nintendo once about the wii not connecting well to the wireless USB thing.

The guy was really nice, and he genuinely wanted me to succeed in getting it to work.  Apparently some of the spyware programs on my PC were blocking it :|

-

zahndy

that whz i hate zonealarm

Pearcinator

The RRoD dont happen anymore (or happen much much less frequently). The truth behind it is that Microsoft went cheapo and manufactured their 360s with cheaper video cards (or something similar) and they overheated a lot easier.

Microsot lost over $1 billion in extended warranties and replacements that they replaced the faulty chips with better ones that dont overheat as easily.

Basically, any 360 bought after Nov 2007 will (most probably) not get the RRoD. I recently bought my 360 a few weeks ago and theres been no problems with it at all.

Harvest

I bought mine in April 06 and I've not had any problems.
-

Pearcinator

yeah im just saying that around 60% of 360s bought before Nov 07 had the RRoD happen to them. Your 360 would still have the chip that can overheat easier....but im not saying it will happen

B-Kpianist

I got a red ring the other day, but then i let it sit for a few days, and it was back to normal! Is it possible to get it again?