News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Official Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Project

Started by Latios212, July 16, 2016, 06:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmpharosAndy

Recently did two previously claimed ones (whoopsie) to make four
I can't really fix any big problems with files imported to MUS by myself because I'm hopeless with finale. Will need a hand!

Oreburgh Mine: [MUS] [PDF]

Team Galactic Eterna Building: [MUS] [PDF]

Victory! Trainer: [MUS]

Route 203 (Day): [MUS]

Feeling the DPPt love coming back bubs <3 Let's geddit dunn! I'll happily steal some more claims (once people have given up) :D
innit

Latios212

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on May 09, 2018, 05:39:25 AMTeam Galactic Eterna Building: [MUS]
Would you mind if I combined my sheet and yours for a collaboration? Mine's almost done and yours still needs a fair bit of cleanup.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

AmpharosAndy

I was gonna put that actually haha

sounds great dood :D yeah mine isn't really sorted out for performance well
innit

Latios212

89a - Canalave City (Night) (Two Pianos) - Zeila

Without judging accuracy at all... I can tell this arrangement needs some work. Remember, writing for two pianos isn't just dumping all the voices on four staves and calling it a day. Some things to consider:
  • Why is piano 2 sitting idly while piano 1 plays both parts of the complex intro? Would it not be easier to let one person play the sextuplets using both hands?
  • In measure 3+ there are a lot of clashing parts in the bass clef register for both hands of piano 1, while piano 2 isn't doing anything in that range and can easily take one of the voices.
  • The measure distribution leaves a lot to be desired. Measure 18 cramps the whole system. Page 4 has tons of unused space you can use to loosen up the B section and make the complex rhythms easier to read.
  • Why write piano 1's B section entirely on the top staff? There's a lot of ledger lines and it would be certainly help things if the left hand took some of the lower parts of the chords or tuplets.
Sorry if this comes off as harsh. The arrangement just needs a lot of care in order to become a polished product.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

41 - Battle! (Team Galactic) - JDMEK5

Great work! I do have some relatively minor comments, though.
  • Things seem a bit pushed towards the top of page 2. I'd recommend lowering everything a bit since you've got ample space at the bottom. Also think about perhaps decreasing space between LH/RH staves here since it's not being used.
  • Could we resolve the melody to a high A flat in measure 35 instead of including the lower E flat in the right hand? That voice really wants to finish ascending from the G natural. Similarly, I think it would be best to include the lead-in to the next section at the end of m. 41 (repeated C flats leading into the D flat).
  • How about just extending the 8va over m. 43-44?
  • Just a stylistic point here, but what would you think about filling in the chords a bit more in the climax at m. 47 and 49 for a more powerful effect?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

124 - Poffins - Trasdegi

Good work. Looks solid. However, this is a perfect piece to learn about accidentals!

Feedback (mostly accidentals) -
- m. 8 beat 1.5: Either spell as B (B/D#/F#) or Cb (Cb/Eb/Gb) - I'd recommend the former
- m. 8 beat 2.5: Db-->C# (A major chord)
- m. 8 beat 3.5: should be C# not Cn
- m. 9: harmony in RH should call on beat 2 not 1.5
- m. 9 beat 3.5: should be G# not Ab (neighboring accidental to the A)
- m. 11 beat 3: should be Ab not G# (chromatically descending from A to G, as well as not to clash with the G in the left hand)
- m. 12 beat 1: should have a courtesy natural as it directly follows the E flat
- m. 15 beat 4.5: either change this to D# or add a courtesy natural in the next measure
- m. 18 beat 2: should be D# not Eb (neighboring accidental to the E)
- m. 20 beat 4 (LH): should be G# not Ab (neighboring accidental to the A)
- There's a bit more going on in the right hand of that last measure - there's a G on beat 2.5 and B flats above the dyads on 3-3.5.

And there's a bunch of eighth rests that aren't on center staff, or too close to other things. But when you're done fixing the notes and accidentals, I can polish up everything for you because Notepad.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

FireArrow

Quote129a - Contest: Results Announcement (Duet) - FireArrow
This is finished already.

QuoteHearthome City (Day) - FireArrow
Will finish once I get back for summer.

Quote24 - Poké Mart - FireArrow
I plan on fixing it up if that's what you mean?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Latios212

Quote from: FireArrow on May 09, 2018, 07:34:43 PMThis is finished already.
oh whoops I'll get that next time sorry

Quote from: FireArrow on May 09, 2018, 07:34:43 PMI plan on fixing it up if that's what you mean?
Yeah I remember we talked about this last time, it's cool

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Trasdegi

Updated Poffins, I now need someone to fix formatting (mainly rests), because NotePad: [MUS]

Latios212

I can change the heights for you, but please next time make sure the durations are correct first. It's silly to fill in everything with eighth rests.

Updated.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

I worked on Eterna Forest 2-3 weeks ago or so and didn't finish updating it with your critique, but since it's nearing the end of the month I'm just posting to say that I'm still interested in finishing my claims and will have more time to work on them after June 14th. Also, I can help with reviewing by then too :3

And don't worry about being "harsh" as those were perfectly reasonable complaints/suggestions. I'll work on modifying the solo version as well

Latios212

Cool, sounds good, thanks for the update!

Also, friendly reminder to everyone that I'll be purging all claims after Thursday if you haven't said you want to finish them, as I mentioned above.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Well, it's after Thursday, so unless the people who have claimed these renews them, I would like to claim:
  • Pokemon Center (Day)
  • PokeMart
  • Gts

Also, I thought FireArrow had a duet of the Contest Results already done?

Latios212

I'll update the OP tonight. FireArrow has a WIP for Pokémart, it hasn't been added yet.

And yes for contest results, I just haven't added it yet.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Latios212 on June 01, 2018, 11:12:54 AMI'll update the OP tonight. FireArrow has a WIP for Pokémart, it hasn't been added yet.
Oh, mb. I thought it was first come, first served & didn't want to be left behind.

And if FireArrow has a WIP, that's fine. I would still like my other two claims if at all possible. Sorry for the confusion.