News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Official Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Project

Started by Latios212, July 16, 2016, 06:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmpharosAndy

Reviving as it was buried.
Quote from: AmpharosAndy on July 04, 2017, 04:28:31 AMRoute 203 needs a lot of help so I'll drop these here so that anyone can give some tips. Updated according to Zeila's feedback.

Victory! Trainer: [MUS]

Route 203 (Day): [MUS]
I won't be about too much to fiddle with edits and such, just letting you know. It may be a slow process :O
innit

Jubilife Pianist

Hi Zeila, thank you so much for all this help, I'm so glad it worked somehow! I'll take more care next time making an arrangement as well...

I can't get finale notepad because it can't be downloaded on a Mac, I found out recently :( so I'm not sure how I should go about doing this. I have a few different solutions though that I will be trying out.

As for the song, is it in a format where it can be checked by latios?

Olimar12345

Quote from: Jubilife Pianist on October 01, 2017, 03:04:36 AMI can't get finale notepad because it can't be downloaded on a Mac

wot in tarnotation?

Finale is most definitely available for mac.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

oic, the new operating system update just made notepad temporarily unusable. Try downloading the trial version of the full version for now.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Trasdegi

Here's what I have for TV Station. It's far from perfect and probably will need reworking, but here it is: [MUS]

braix

I could've sworn I claimed Poffin and Super Contest months ago but I guess I didn't..
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Latios212

status updoot

4 - Twinleaf Town (Day) - Latios212
12 - Obtained an Item! - Th3Gavst3r
17 - Pokémon Healed - Th3Gavst3r
95 - Trainers' Eyes Meet (Sailor) - Sebastian
108 - You're a Winner! - Onionleaf
109 - You're a Jackpot Winner! - Onionleaf
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

AmpharosAndy

Good stuff, guys! We're getting there :D

still got two down below that may need some poking, if anyone can check 'em out
innit

Latios212

In due time :3

Battle Castle by Sebastian
Sounds great, and seems well arranged. I have some things to point out about the visuals though, as well as a few other misc. things.
- The very start of the song! I would suggest a high F# for that chime to kick off the song.
- Middle voice - in some places like m. 18 you've omitted the note on beat 3. However, it'd be easily playable by the right hand and you do have beat 3 present in other measures, so I'd throw it in for consistency. Check to see if it's viable in other similar places too.
- Not sure how easy those rolled chords in m. 38-39 would be to play. Maybe try slimming them down a bit?

Some comments on the cross-staving in general - it could use a bit of work here and there. A few things I noticed are:
- Beam angling. Sometimes you have the voice ascending but the beam angles downward, and that's no good.
- Staccatos - sometimes they look oddly placed, like in m. 35. Sometimes above, sometimes below.
- Stem direction - m. 50 into 51 looks awkward.
- Cut-off points for what goes in the top/bottom staff - I'd take another pass here to determine what looks the best as well as makes sense from a playability standpoint - at least, try to keep it consistent; in m. 29 F# goes in the top staff, while in m. 30 it's in the bottom.
- Space between staves - pretty self-explanatory, but make sure everything has a good amount of room. Things on the last page start to get really squished vertically.

But yeah again, this one sounds great! Job well done on one of my favorite Platinum tracks.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

TV Station by Trasdegi
Looks like things were transcribed more or less correctly, which is good. But the left hand of this sheet is a mishmash of different parts from the original, which doesn't work in its favor as a piano arrangement. There's a few reasons for this:
- You end up with some weird-sounding intervals as a result of bringing the bass and middle voices closer together.
- The bass doesn't move up and down smoothly as a result of transposing up/down an octave to make it fit with the other parts.
- The independent voices are awkward to play with one hand - there's a lot of places that are difficult to play at speed because of the way things move around. You need to consider this when writing.

I can elaborate more on any of the above points, but hopefully you see what I mean when I say that it simply doesn't work that well. Let me know if you need help redesigning the left hand part - I can give it a test run for you.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Lucas by braixen1264
I think we touched base on this a long time ago, but I'll just refresh our memory and say that this needs a ton of work. The transcription is there; now go back and find a way to make this into something someone would want to play on piano. Your skills have improved tremendously since this was first put out, so I have confidence that you'll be able to shape this one up.

If you want my quick opinion, try keeping the bassline, the melody, and any harmonies attached to the melody. I'm just speculating, but it seems there's plenty of interesting rhythmic figures going on between the bass and melody - enough to prevent it from sounding dull.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Pokémon Center (Night) by Yug Guy
I have somewhat similar things to say as I did above with braix's sheet, but more so geared towards the look of the sheet. There's a lot of overlapping stuff, and layers that create a lot of clutter in what should be a clean little sheet. There are also a couple places I can see you're trying to shove in some things that don't fit too well pianistically.

I could go on for a while about things that are wrong here, but I'm sure you'd probably address most of the problems I'd raise if I simply ask for you to go back and clean it up - you've improved a lot since this sheet was first put out. Do reach out with any questions.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle