Started by Latios212, July 16, 2016, 06:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

I'll take Route 205 (Night).

EDIT: Oh, wait. Nvm.

braix

Taking Jubilife City(Night) for both duet and solo piano
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

braix

Oh wait I already claimed it, thought I didn't for some reason.
Anyway here's the two piano arrangement for Jubilife City(Night): [MUS]
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Sebastian

10 - Victory! (Wild Pokémon) - Th3Gavst3r
Nice work with this song, buddy!
Few things:
- Don't forget to include the correct copyright information:
Quote from: Latios212 on July 16, 2016, 06:44:06 PM- Game/copyright info (D/P):
Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version
~
Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, GameFreak © 2006
http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/
- Game/copyright info (Pt):
Pokémon Platinum Version
~
Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, GameFreak © 2008
http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/

- Right-align the composer and arranger name.
- For the left hand, you seem to have added the upper voice (moved an octave down) and added it down with the bass. I'm not against this. I think it works better than adding that third voice; however, a few of the notes you have are wrong.
To get this point across, here is the straight transcription(left hand).
Spoiler
[close]
Obviously, this won't work in a sheet since it's not possible for a human being to play, so we'll move some of the notes down an octave:

Spoiler
[close]
This is what you did in your sheet, which I'm proud of! There are just a couple wrong notes in both voices. Once again, this pic has the correct notes and playable by humans, and the second pic is the straight transcription.

Also, I think that second layer you have in is fine. I just removed it in the pic to clearly show the two voices. And the eighth rests in the pic are incorrectly placed. My bad. xD
- Maybe you could add a forte at M. 2. Just a recommendation since it sounds so happy and brisk from that point on.

That's all I can see! Excellent work, Gav!

Latios212

Oh riight this still exists

I've arranged these and added them to the folder:
43 - Let's Go Together!
82 - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Trainer Ave

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on July 18, 2016, 07:55:39 PMThank you to the person who posted the remaining tracks.
Claiming Dialga/Palkia battle.

Ill be working on a duet version.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

AmpharosAndy

I've done an 'as-heard' duet of the team galactic commander theme, which might be useful for JDMEK5 to peek at for his presumably solo version. As-heard meaning pretty much impossible. Just thought it might save you a bit of time if you're going to do it anyway.
https://youtu.be/lL2omEhvO_U

EDIT: pahaha I didn't realise there is one on site already XD
innit

LuxraySpiral

I'm gonna claim Victory! Trainer and Victory! Champion, but I might not finish them for a few months
Quote from: LuxraySpiral on March 20, 2017, 07:37:23 AM
(Also, I might try to concrete my position as the parentheses guy)
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 20, 2017, 08:18:57 AM
(Sorry, (but (that (role (is (already (taken.)))))))

AmpharosAndy

Currently working on Route 203 (Day) with help from Latios. I also had a go at Victory! Trainer last week but I see Lux is eyeing it up too. Idk what the best solution is but we could workshop it at some point. There's a similar clash with Veilstone City as daj has claimed it and I had a go at that the other week.
innit

LuxraySpiral

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on March 28, 2017, 02:27:15 AMCurrently working on Route 203 (Day) with help from Latios. I also had a go at Victory! Trainer last week but I see Lux is eyeing it up too. Idk what the best solution is but we could workshop it at some point.

If you've made a start on it, I don't see why I should take it off you. I shall let go of my claim for Victory! Trainer.
Quote from: LuxraySpiral on March 20, 2017, 07:37:23 AM
(Also, I might try to concrete my position as the parentheses guy)
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 20, 2017, 08:18:57 AM
(Sorry, (but (that (role (is (already (taken.)))))))

Sebastian

Seb 2.0 has arrived.

Thought I'd spice this project back to life, so here is some feedback.

4 - Twinleaf Town (Day) - Latios212
Yo. Great job with this arrangement! I love how you incorporated the voices and how this piece is arranged as a whole. Great work.

A couple suggestions. Nothing major.
- A couple minor note mistakes in M. 1 and 2 (LH). The G should be an E (M. 1) and the G# should be a G (M. 2).
- I believe a courtesy accidental on the left hand C in M. 4 (LH) would be helpful.
- M. 8. What would you think of adding a courtesy accidental on that F on beat 2 (right hand)? I believe it would be helpful since it would clearly show the performer that the d5 changed to a P5.
- I'm hearing this for the bass of M. 17-20.
What do you think?
Spoiler
[close]

But, yeah. That's all I see! Nice work once again. I'm definitely adding this bad boy to my 3-ring binder haha.

7 - Lake - Zeila
Great job hearing all those notes! This one sounds pretty challenging, but you pulled it off well.

Couple things:
- The chord is slightly off in M. 7...here is what I'm hearing.
Spoiler
[close]
- M. 10-17. Go ahead and double check the melody for grace notes. I noticed that there were a couple of those missing.
- You also have the option of getting rid of the repeat signs and just writing that section out. The grace notes are in different places and are absent/there in certain spots.

10 - Victory! (Wild Pokémon) - Th3Gavst3r
Nice work, bro!

- Don't forget to put a dynamic marking.
- Just a comment, not something is incorrect. The left hand throughout has a bunch of extra notes, but that really isn't an issue. Just thought I'd point that out. The only concern that I would have with that is that it could be difficult to play all those notes at the speed this song is required.
- This is just my opinion, but when I see 8va markings in the middle of the staff, to me it looks a little shoddy. Maybe you could consider using a clef change instead.

Th3Gavst3r

I'm glad you noticed the changes Seb, forgot to write an update post heh...

Unfortunately with that 8va, everything is pretty far off the bottom of a treble staff so you'd still need an 8vb if you swapped clefs. Between the two, the bass clef with 8va definitely looks better.

As for the difficulty, I do think this piece would be easier to play than it looks at first, mostly because the LH could spend the bulk of the song in an octave span. I did simplify a few large jumps though, it would've been hard to play a couple of those eighth notes :)

Links
[NDS] Pokemon DPPt

Victory! (Wild Pokémon)
[close]

Irresponsible Piano

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

AmpharosAndy

Route 203 needs a lot of help so I'll drop these here so that anyone can give some tips. Updated according to Zeila's feedback.

Victory! Trainer: [MUS]

Route 203 (Day): [MUS]

innit