News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

The Official Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Project

Started by Latios212, July 16, 2016, 06:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dekkadeci

Quote from: JDMEK5 on July 21, 2016, 02:00:06 PMI'll claim all 3 battle themes pertaining to Team Galactic (Grunt, Commander, and Boss). Also, even though it's unlisted, I'll try my hand at Giratina Battle.
Wondering how you'll treat the polytonality (B major on top of probably C minor/G Phrygian) in Giratina's theme--you'll probably stick to one key signature for both staves throughout (i.e. not B major on top and C minor on the bottom), right?

(The song is predominantly in C minor/Phrygian, so at least key signatures will be fairly sane...)

daj

Quote from: Dekkadeci on July 21, 2016, 06:59:36 PMWondering how you'll treat the polytonality (B major on top of probably C minor/G Phrygian) in Giratina's theme--you'll probably stick to one key signature for both staves throughout (i.e. not B major on top and C minor on the bottom), right?

(The song is predominantly in C minor/Phrygian, so at least key signatures will be fairly sane...)

Hehe, I saw big music words and I got excited.

Didn't realise there was bitonality, but now that I think about it, yes! There absolutely is. Would call it G-sharp minor because of the dominant resolving tendency (D# at the end of the phrase) but hey. And the rest is definitely in C minor - clear cadences too.

I would do bitonal C-flat major/A-flat minor and C minor, hehe. Accidentals don't make the bitonality clear enough.

That being said, you don't have a V-I in G-sharp minor; just a suggested-kinda V-I. So I guess accidentals are fine. Not as nerdy as I'd hope, but welp.

JDMEK5

Finished the first of four:

Battle! (Team Galactic Boss) - [MUS]

I have some places in the sheet where I have a big note saying "Fix Here!". These are small changes that I'm not making till the very last because any kind of other change to the sheet causes these to revert; thus wasting time. So once it's been accepted is when I'll be dealing with those. The notes are saying to align noteheads that are similar with each other. So, in case you were wondering.

Quote from: Dekkadeci on July 21, 2016, 06:59:36 PMWondering how you'll treat the polytonality (B major on top of probably C minor/G Phrygian) in Giratina's theme--you'll probably stick to one key signature for both staves throughout (i.e. not B major on top and C minor on the bottom), right?

I haven't analysed it yet but from what you said you can likely expect polytonality using a C minor key signature. I won't be using independent key signatures for each hand because that's more complicated than it's worth. Also since I'll be using C minor there's no chance I'll use B major when I could rather use Cb major. So there's that too.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Onionleaf

Quote from: Sebastian on July 20, 2016, 07:12:23 AMReplacements:
 ??) Old Chateu
14) The Pokémon Lab*

SFX:
I'm willing to do all the sound effects into a fanfare sheet. Is this all of them?

I went through the whole soundtrack list while I was writing up that post, so I don't think I missed anything. The SFX section includes all tracks that are about 5 seconds long. You can check through the soundtrack list again just in case as it has the length stated next to each track.

Oh, and I wasn't quite sure what number to give to Old Chateau as I didn't notice it in the soundtrack list.  ???

braix

Oh yeah I also wanted Lucas' theme. Maybe Dawn's theme too because they're so similar anyway.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Latios212

Quote from: JDMEK5 on July 22, 2016, 12:29:31 AMBattle! (Team Galactic Boss) - [MUS]
oh wow this looks super cool, will review soon! :3

About SFX:
Here's a (not official) compilation to check against. Haven't checked it myself to see if it's comprehensive yet. Keep in mind a couple of these fanfares have already been arranged, as they are listed as separate tracks in this OST.

Old Chateau:
Number 101.

braix:
got your claims down

I will also be replacing Route 205 (Duet).

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Azure Flute - [MUS] [Original]

I'm still not 100% on the rhythm, so please let me know if I need to change anything.

JDMEK5

I've finished another one:

Battle! (Team Galactic) - [MUS]

Also Latios, why you no change status of Cyrus Battle? :'(
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Latios212

Haha because I'm a little behind on things and have yet to actually place things in the dropbox folder (so someone doesn't go look at blue status and go "huh" when it isn't in the folder)

Is there anything in particular you wanted to change before fixing those overlapping noteheads?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Quote from: Latios212 on July 23, 2016, 08:03:24 PMHaha because I'm a little behind on things and have yet to actually place things in the dropbox folder (so someone doesn't go look at blue status and go "huh" when it isn't in the folder)
Oh. I kinda just put my own in.

Quote from: Latios212 on July 23, 2016, 08:03:24 PMIs there anything in particular you wanted to change before fixing those overlapping noteheads?
Not really. At some point I want to test those crazy low A's and see if I wouldn't rather use some percussive method but aside from that I think it's good to go. I also should say that I think I've grown fond of that quote there. I'd like to keep it if possible.

My Arrangements

daj

all project files here! ^^

Accepted:
- Route 216 (Day)
- Fight Area (Day): yay! ^^
- Valor Lakefront (Night): aww yessh~

Ready for checking:
- Oreburgh City (Day): removed from submissions, added here
- (new!) Route 210 (Day) :3

Route 210 now in MUS form! Next up is the Approaching Cynthia thingy~

Sebastian

Lat and I did some goofing with this one on skype. It will definitely need an accidental/key check. It is a very tough song concerning accidentals.
- Old Chateau

Quote from: Latios212 on July 22, 2016, 03:34:34 PMAbout SFX:
Here's a (not official) compilation to check against. Haven't checked it myself to see if it's comprehensive yet. Keep in mind a couple of these fanfares have already been arranged, as they are listed as separate tracks in this OST.
Sweet!
Put me down for a fanfare sheet.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Sebastian on July 24, 2016, 07:41:21 PMLat and I did some goofing with this one on skype. It will definitely need an accidental/key check. It is a very tough song concerning accidentals.
- Old Chateau
Whelp I guess that's me. I'll scan it over tonight.

My Arrangements

Sebastian