News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Official Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Project

Started by Latios212, July 16, 2016, 06:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Alright, went and updated the OP with everything I can remember. Lemme know if I missed anything.

Also, accepted:
124 - Poffins - Trasdegi

And:
Quote from: FireArrow on May 09, 2018, 07:34:43 PMThis is finished already.
I can't find the duet file and your link from a while back seems to be broken. Mind sending it again? Sorry.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

AmpharosAndy

Bit unsure about the state of 'Battle! Team Galactic Commander' because I vaguely remember JDMEK5 having done something on it before...? I did a two pianos version a while ago, which isn't too messy. That could be squished into a solo if need be
innit

Latios212

I don't remember him having anything for "Battle! (Team Galactic Commander)", just the other two Team Galactic battle themes (grunt and boss), but I could be wrong. It can't hurt to check, I suppose, but I haven't seen him around lately much...

Also can you post that Route 203 updated file we talked about last time?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

AmpharosAndy

innit

AmpharosAndy

Busted out 3 new ones this morning = the top three. Also bumped forward the others with their latest versions. I'm not 100% sure that these are the real names so do point out if they are wrong. There are a lot of background bits in some of them so I've had to focus on the main voices to keep it playable, I did try though!

Contest Assembly Hall: [MUS]

Happening At The Lake!: [MUS]

Victory! Team Galactic: [MUS]

Oreburgh Mine: [MUS] [PDF]

((Team Galactic Eterna Building: [MUS] [PDF])) (re-working with latios currently)

Victory! Trainer: [MUS]

Route 203 (Day): [MUS]

Quote from: Latios212 on June 04, 2018, 04:44:04 PMI don't remember him having anything for "Battle! (Team Galactic Commander)"
yeah I think I confused myself ...

innit

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on May 03, 2018, 04:59:30 PMNeat, looking much better! Some further things, though:
Got these fixed. I updated the DB file.

Yug_Guy

Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version [NDS]
"Pokémon Center (Day)"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginal

Let's try and get the ball rolling again...

braix

(06/30/2018): Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version - Super Contest! (Two Pianos)

||   
Track Title
   ||   
Source
   ||   
Links
   ||   
Super Contest!

Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version

Notes (Super Contest!):

I kind of just put all the notes in, but it's a bit messy and I'm not quite sure what to do with it at this point.
Just thought I should post it here and claim the song because I guess I didn't do that yet.
I might keep it as a two piano sheet, maybe not?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Zeila

Sorry for the long wait! I fixed Eterna Forest, but not Canalave City yet

Quote from: Latios212 on April 30, 2018, 07:10:54 PM- Accompaniment in the section beginning with measure 27. It's too light (too high up); the song has been building up to this section which finally lets loose with all the energy that's been building up. Try moving the left hand part lower and experiment with what creates a more balanced sound.
I tried

Quote from: Latios212 on April 30, 2018, 07:10:54 PM- Is there a reason for the staccato mark in m. 33? It doesn't sound like that note particularly needs it.
I have no idea why I did that. It has been removed

Quote from: Latios212 on April 30, 2018, 07:10:54 PM- Measures 37-38 also lack punch because the left hand is trapped too high. Again, see if you can come up with an accompaniment pattern that utilizes lower notes, perhaps for the first beat of those two measures.
- I feel like m. 39-40 should focus on the quick flute ascents, as opposed to the descending eighth note line in the right hand you currently have written it. See if you can work it a bit to prioritize that.
I put something else down but it sounded little weird going into 39 so I got rid of the chords and replaced those with the descending eighth notes (and put the sixteenth notes in the RH)

Quote from: Latios212 on April 30, 2018, 07:10:54 PM- Fix the layer work in m. 43-44 and 47-48. The first eighth rest is misplaced in m. 44 is misplaced, and the ties facing up/down get a bit confusing here. Actually, one thing to consider is it you want to write the repeating G's on the top staff, either to play with the right hand or to reduce collisions on the bottom staff.
I decided to only leave the G on the first two beats and I wrote it out in the RH

Thanks for the feedback! I fixed everything else. Here's the folder with my changes: [Folder]

AmpharosAndy

I'm not the best for critique but I'll give it a whirl

Zeila
Spoiler
Just had a play through eterna forest and it's a brilliant arrangement! Only playing problem is bar 35 when the hands are over one another, but I don't think that should be changed. Looks perf to me :)
[close]

Braix
Spoiler
The main issue is spelling notes that move from a note by a semitone and back afterwards. If the different note is below the others then drop it a tone and put a sharp so that you don't have to put natural signs (same vice versa). This helps the performer with seeing the shape of the music a lot more.

- Examples being bar 33: pno.2 b2 l.h Db change to C# and the bar after: pno.2 b2 l.h Ab change to G#.
- Bar 13 Pno.1 b2.5 r.h: change Eb to D# so it moves together with the harmony below and removes the natural sign.
- These type of spellings should be consistent throughout, when you make a decision on how you want them to be spelled

Other:
- Bar 4 last note in Pno.1 r.h: could be D# so that the line moves D-D#-E instead of D-Eb-E(nat).
- Bar 33 pno.2 left hand pattern could be split in half and shared with the spare left hand of pno.1 because it's a tricky line to play especially at such a speed.
- composer name (when you figure out who it is obvs.)
- Bar 13-23 pno.1 both hands: it is not unplayable but is incredibly impractical given how the hands are constantly switching around. You can spread the parts across into the other piano or rewrite them in a more player friendly way. Switching hands around isn't a huge problem but at this speed in the way you've indicated it is.

These are just a few things on first inspection so there's a bit of work to be done here to fix this up. It's actually a very accurate arrangement note-wise so well done.
[close]

yugggguy
Spoiler
Haven't spent very long looking at this but it's very true to the original and groovy to play, however tricky. It's tricky in a good way not a bad way which is the best thing you can hope for innit. Only problems are bars 14 and 16 and you know why ;)

Just from looking at the sheet, it might look a bit better if the last stave on the first page were on the second page instead? It seems a bit squished on the first side and empty on the second.

Bar 4: the last semiquaver notes in the rh could be omitted for leap-prevention purposes (I know it's playable but it also doesn't sound great imo)
thassit for now
[close]

Andy
Spoiler
oh wait
[close]
innit

FireArrow

Sorry my summer is not going as planned but I was gonna jump of a steinway or smthn if I didn't get this out before school starts up.

Hearthome City
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

JDMEK5

Quote from: Latios212 on June 04, 2018, 04:44:04 PMI don't remember him having anything for "Battle! (Team Galactic Commander)", just the other two Team Galactic battle themes (grunt and boss), but I could be wrong. It can't hurt to check, I suppose, but I haven't seen him around lately much...
hi yes i did those two other ones mentioned and claimed this one but never sent anything in. lemme see if i'd even started.. usually these things are a "finish-the-same-day-you-start-cuz-10-hour-marathon" thing

edit: turns out i did start it. once my job ends i'll bump this back up to higher priority on my composition/arranging list
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

Fixed:

[NDS] - Pokémon Platinum Version
-Villa Audio System: Bossa Nova Lilycove [MUS] [Midi] [PDF]
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

braix

(08/22/2018): Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version - Super Contest! (Two Pianos)

||   
Track Title
   ||   
Source
   ||   
Links
   ||   
Super Contest!

Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version

Notes (Super Contest!):

Edited the accidentals, checked over some chords, moved parts between the two pianos.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Libera

So I found this project a few days ago and decided to get involved.  Here's Battle! (Champion).  (This was way harder than I was expecting, especially without my keyboard...)

[Musx] [Pdf] [Midi] [Mus]

Edit: At Latios' suggestion I added in a key change at bar 39.

Also I'm going to go through a bunch of the sheets on here and offer some feedback shortly (read: over the next few days) so look out for that.