NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: The Official Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Project  (Read 11848 times)

braixen1264

• Pokémon Music Curator
  • Global Moderator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Wheeeee™
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel
    • Email
Re: The Official Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Project
« Reply #195 on: March 22, 2018, 01:21:31 AM »

I'm confident I should be able to tackle this in a more pianistic manner now, so you should probably see an update on Lucas by next week if I don't put it off
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]

Yug_Guy

• Rupee Ragtime
  • What could possibly go wrong?
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 22, 2018, 01:23:52 AM »

Yeah.... it's been a while. I'll go through it again sometime soon & see if I can fix it up.

Latios212

• The One and Oily
  • Updater
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • The Best Moderator ™
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #197 on: March 22, 2018, 01:25:07 AM »

Awesome! Thanks you two ;D
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Latios212

• The One and Oily
  • Updater
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • The Best Moderator ™
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #198 on: March 22, 2018, 04:27:11 AM »

Jubilife City (Night) (Two Pianos) by braixen1264
Seems very well transcribed, and the layout of parts over four hands on two pianos seems good. (I'll double check all that later).

However, I was discussing this with Olimar earlier and we both agree that it would probably be better to write this in 4/4 swing, lending itself to the jazz style of the song better. Besides that reason, although there are some out-of-place rhythms (particularly the eighth-quarter) in the song that fit in 12/8, I think it would actually be easier to interpret in swing 4/4 because they would visually stand out against the normal swing rhythms. Right now some places are a somewhat difficult-to-comprehend mishmash of different rhythms:

As well, key signatures... just two, one for each section, should do fine. That little transitional bit at the end doesn't really warrant a different key.
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Sebastian

• Fan of Marios
  • Updater
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • PM me if you need anything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 22, 2018, 04:35:44 AM »

Battle Castle by Sebastian
- The very start of the song! I would suggest a high F# for that chime to kick off the song.
Good idea. Added.

In due time :3

- Middle voice - in some places like m. 18 you've omitted the note on beat 3. However, it'd be easily playable by the right hand and you do have beat 3 present in other measures, so I'd throw it in for consistency. Check to see if it's viable in other similar places too.
I actually disagree. The reason I omitted those notes is that there is a left hand/bass note played on that beat. I don't want the right hand playing those notes. It would be inconsistent to add them in since I purposefully arranged it this way.

- Not sure how easy those rolled chords in m. 38-39 would be to play. Maybe try slimming them down a bit?

Sure thing. Fixed.

Some comments on the cross-staving in general - it could use a bit of work here and there. A few things I noticed are:
- Beam angling. Sometimes you have the voice ascending but the beam angles downward, and that's no good.
Sorry. I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

- Staccatos - sometimes they look oddly placed, like in m. 35. Sometimes above, sometimes below.
Those are the defaults. I'm not sure exactly how to change them since they go back to that spot when I delete and replace them or move them.

- Stem direction - m. 50 into 51 looks awkward.
They are flipped up that way because there is another voice. I can flip them the other way. Fixed.

- Cut-off points for what goes in the top/bottom staff - I'd take another pass here to determine what looks the best as well as makes sense from a playability standpoint - at least, try to keep it consistent; in m. 29 F# goes in the top staff, while in m. 30 it's in the bottom.
I agree with this. I edited them a bit to make them more consistent.

- Space between staves - pretty self-explanatory, but make sure everything has a good amount of room. Things on the last page start to get really squished vertically.
I did some editing with this. Fixed.

Olimar12345

• The Captain
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 22, 2018, 04:38:55 AM »

@Braix: Regarding the key signature choice of Jubilife City: Leaving it keyless is a very solid option as well. Big band composers often do that for things like this. I was just telling Latios that I left my big band arrangement of this tune in open key and it looked and worked just fine. Of course, having a form that changes keys is more of a problem when you’re writing out more than one time through the form, so it’s up to you.

Latios212

• The One and Oily
  • Updater
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • The Best Moderator ™
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #201 on: March 23, 2018, 01:09:13 AM »

I actually disagree. The reason I omitted those notes is that there is a left hand/bass note played on that beat. I don't want the right hand playing those notes. It would be inconsistent to add them in since I purposefully arranged it this way.
Oh okay, sure thing!

Sorry. I'm not exactly sure what you mean.
Things like this:
Spoiler
[close]

Also, where's the updated file? :P

Yug_Guy

• Rupee Ragtime
  • What could possibly go wrong?
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 24, 2018, 09:43:41 PM »

How's this?

Pokemon Center (Night) MUS MUSX MIDI PDF

I changed the system spacing, made the sharps/flats visible when part of an arpeggio, changed some parts to be a lot easier to play, and did some general cleanup.

AmpharosAndy

• Pokémon Polka
  • get
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: March 24, 2018, 09:53:59 PM »

For some reason the mus file has 'R=ppp R= r0' where the swung indication should be....? what

there's some jumpy bits but looking at it, I can't see a better way to get them in unless you move octaves around.

‘The Johto Suite’ for Woodwind Trio - Pokemon Gold/Silver Full OST Arrangement
Spoiler
[close]
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 23 queries.