The Official Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Project

Started by Latios212, July 16, 2016, 06:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

I'll just copy/paste Seb's format...
Anyway I arranged Lucas today and I think it sounds alright but even after realigning and flipping notes it just looks kinda cramped. Also I don't know what to do with the rests. Needless to say, I need a bit of help

[DS] Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Lucas     

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2cMirQTOqY
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Sebastian

[DS] Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Spin Trade     

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COi7JpncmDY

Sebastian

nutella511

I'd like to claim Battle! (Rival). I don't have much time since school started, so a formatting fix will be doable.

EDIT: Due to Notepad Limitations, I can't fix it. I'll leave this to someone else.

Zeila

Quote from: dajwxp on August 12, 2016, 05:22:47 PMZeila - Decisive Batlle

Another arrangement that I bobbed my head to, haha. Ahh, memories...

Crisp, accurate, effective arrangement. Love it when you pull those off. It's simple and good <3
Thank you! :3

Quote from: dajwxp on August 12, 2016, 05:22:47 PMMmm...I'm in favour of bringing the left hand down an octave. But then I saw b. 8 and thought "hmm this is cool". If b. 8 did not exist I would have definitely suggested bringing the whole part an octave down for two reasons - it's what it is in the original, and it better re-creates the drum part, which conveniently doubles that ostinato. I'd like to believe that you thought about this already while in your arranging process, so I won't beat on the point, but just putting that out there ^^

The last point I'll be making is on weird hand-crosses; b. 17 - 18 is a really awkward one, and b. 35 - 36 is clashy and muddy, as well as awkward. Hmm. Bringing the left hand down an octave (once again, as with the original) would solve the problem but then it brings back the whole debate on stuff. Your call again, but I think you may want to take a look at these crosses :p
Tbh I didn't really think much of it aside from when the hands clash, and for some reason didn't think of an alternative. I decided to lower the LH down an octave, while raising the m8 RH part up (while getting rid of the lower octave). I also lowered the triplet part around m28 down an octave

Quote from: dajwxp on August 12, 2016, 05:22:47 PMThe E major chord at b. 6 - 7 and the one a little further down...should be in F-flat major xD. By following conventions, and to better match up with your ostinato. Erm, yeah. So you have perfect pitch. Anyway, the reason why this needs to be is because you have a C-flat in the bass line, and it's not consistent. And from what I've heard and learnt, erm, if you don't play by ear it's easier to see things done the way they usually are done. Yeah :p

Same thing applies for b. 10, 15, 19!
Far from it, and done

Quote from: dajwxp on August 12, 2016, 05:22:47 PMb. 21 bt 3 though...hng. It's definitely a E-natural because it's an auxilliary note, but should you change the left hand part to avoid a false relation? My hunch tells me that you've done it right - the left hand is an ostinato and the right hand is following the rules - and that's good, but hmm, it seems to go against what I've said about your E major chords. Long chords don't follow the same rules as auxilliary notes, but eh. Maybe someone else's opinion on this would be good ^^
I'll just leave it the way it for now I guess

Quote from: dajwxp on August 12, 2016, 05:22:47 PMOtherwise, much cheers to a great arrangement! May try this out one day, hehe. Good stuff~
Sweet, and thanks! Sorry for taking a while to implement your suggestions [Folder]

JDMEK5

Quote from: nutella511 on August 27, 2016, 09:23:44 PMI'd like to claim Battle! (Rival). I don't have much time since school started, so a formatting fix will be doable.

EDIT: Due to Notepad Limitations, I can't fix it. I'll leave this to someone else.
If that's the case then I call dibs.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Onionleaf

Here you are, two quick arrangements to add to the list:

108 - You're a Winner [MUS]
109 - You're a Jackpot Winner [MUS]

I wasn't quite sure how else to incorporate all the instruments and felt it was inappropriate to have one voice and not the other, so there is an option for the performer. (Good luck trying to play at that speed, though! ::))

Ah, and I'm sorry that I haven't yet had a look at my "Oreburgh Gate" arrangement yet. I'll try to improve all those messy accidentals and odd-sounding passages asap.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I actually sent this to Latios forever ago, but I don't think we ever did anything with it...

Pokemon League (Night)
what is shitpost

Latios212

I never completely forget. I had the file and just didn't get the chance to do stuff with it yet, whoops lol ><
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Oh it's all good either way, just thought I would stick it here too.

(please don't take that out of context)
what is shitpost

daj

Whoops! Been holding to this one for a while :p

Eterna Forest (Two Pianos): MUS

Onionleaf

Quote from: dajwxp on August 10, 2016, 08:13:32 PMOnionleaf - Oreburgh Gate

Wow, thank you so much for the positive feedback, I wasn't expecting such a great response. :) Sorry it has taken me a while to reply, it's been a pretty busy couple of months. I took the time to check through those accidentals again, and wanted to say thanks for the helpful explanations. It's also a relief to hear that the chosen key was the correct one - I basically used the simple rule of checking the very first note in the melody (F#), so F# minor it was to be. ^^

I've fixed up any accidentals that seemed out of place as well as added octaves in that last section: Link to updated MUS file

====

By the way, the list of unclaimed tracks has been updated in case anyone is still interested in claiming some (more) sheets. :)

InsigTurtle

oh shiznit i almost forgot, i'll get workin' on mine

duyencold

I found my incomplete files of 225 and 228 so I'll claim them night

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle