News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

TWG XC Player Signups

Started by davy, July 15, 2016, 11:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

I approve of my hypothesized anon account being TWG Waluigi

Anyway, davy, I really like the concept, and I'll totally play if everybody votes for it, but switching between two accounts within the same TWG is a lot of hassle, and a significantly larger time commitment than most games. 

davy

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 18, 2016, 08:01:40 AMTWG XC: The Legend of Zelda

Spoiler

Wolves
1. Ganon - The great King of Evil.  Master Wolf who takes two hits to kill.
2. Gleeok - One of Ganon's strongest minions.  Wolf Painter who will always survive a KitB.
3. Gohma - Another of Ganon's strongest captains.  Wolf Shaman.

Humans
4. Link - The hero of Hyrule.  If he is given the sword, he will gain a vigi power to be used once per night.
5. Princess Zelda - The princess of Hyrule, gifted with great wisdom.  Herring.
6. Old Man - A mysterious old man who kickstarts Link on his great quest.  The Sword begins in his possession.
7. Old Woman - A mysterious old woman with great medicinal knowledge.  The Medicine begins in her possession.
8. Impa - A completely powerless aide to the princess with no special abilities.
9. Another Old Man - A crotchety old man with who will extort you if you accidentally destroy his personal property.  If killed, takes a random human down with him.
10. Another Old Woman - A wise old woman with a seering ability that can be used once per night phase.
11. Hungry Goriya - Miller.  Grumble, grumble.

Items!
Sword: Starts in the Old Man's possession.  Is useless unless passed to Link, after which point it grants Link a vigi power to be used once per night.
Shield: Reduces the effect of attacks on a player by 50%.  Starts in the possession of a randomly chosen player.  However, if the Shield is passed to Ganon, it will weaken him such that it only takes one attack to kill him.
Boomerang: Stuns a player and prevents them from speaking or sending a pm for the following night or day phase.  Can be used once per phase.  No player can be stunned two phases in a row.  It will be announced when a player has been stunned.  Starts in the possession of a randomly chosen player.
Medicine: Starts in the Old Woman's possession.  Can be used at any time to guard any player from any attack the following phase.  One-time usage.

Any item can be passed to any player via PM.  Simply PM me, with the name of the item you are passing, as well as the player you are passing it to, in bold.  The pass will take effect at the start of the next phase.  Players can hold more than one item at a time.  If a player is killed while in possession of an item, that item will be out of use for the remainder of the game.  However, if someone is killed in the same phase that they choose to pass an item, the pass will still take effect.
[close]

This seems to be a game where every player knows what his role is. Games where everyone knows what his role is tend to be very human sided because people can force mass claims which means the werewolves are forced to counterclaim a specific role. The humans can then win simply by lynching the counterclaims. You try to remedy this by having a large number of wolves, having Ganon take two hits to kill and with the other old man, but even so, humans should win by lynching counterclaims.

Another problem I have with the game is that there are items that can randomly go to either a wolf or a human. This means one of the teams will have a random advantage over the other. I think it would be better if the items could only go to a player of a certain team.

Finally, silencing is not very fun, I suggest removing it.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

davy

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 18, 2016, 11:19:25 AMSwitching between two accounts within the same TWG is a lot of hassle
You can use two different browsers, one for your normal account and one for your TWG account/

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 18, 2016, 11:19:25 AMAnd a significantly larger time commitment than most games.

The amount of time you commit to a game depends on the amount of time you want to commit to a game. Wether this game requires more time commitment to win then other is a question I cannot answer. Mael, BDS and Olimar might be able to answer that, since they played TWG LXVIII
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

mikey

unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on July 18, 2016, 11:42:40 AMYou can use two different browsers, one for your normal account and one for your TWG account
Yep! That's my recommendation as well!

QuoteThe amount of time you commit to a game depends on the amount of time you want to commit to a game. Wether this game requires more time commitment to win then other is a question I cannot answer. Mael, BDS and Olimar might be able to answer that, since they played TWG LXVIII
Kind of, but not really? You have to work on timing to make sure that people don't figure out who you are, but if you don't care about that, then you can pretty much do double the stuff in about the same amount of time, as long as you're a quick thinker and fast at typing.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BrainyLucario

This could turn out to be a great TWG
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Bubbles

In for an anonymous game actually nvm I forgot I don't really have time for a game

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bubbles

i'm sorry :c but I guess technically I could still play I just would prob never be able to go in a chat room. Which I guess in an anonymous game would single me out lol

mikey

I think Davy and I are the only two who actually still use a chat room

Pls play bubbles
unmotivated

davy

I'm actually considering banning the chat room for my anonymous games, since last time, Bird identified Yugi by his .au hostmask, and I have no idea how to prevent this from happening other than banning the chat room altogether.

mikey

unmotivated

davy

So if chatroom is banned for my game, will you be able to play Bubbles?

FireArrow, you have 16 hours left if you want to submit your game.

TheZeldaPianist275

I'm thinking I'm going to retract my game for right now--too many problems with it.  Maybe next go-around

Bubbles

Quote from: davy on July 21, 2016, 08:27:36 AMSo if chatroom is banned for my game, will you be able to play Bubbles?
Oh yeah lol I didn't know that was a thing, sure!!