News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

TWG XC Player Signups

Started by davy, July 15, 2016, 11:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

TheZeldaPianist275

Davy, are we allowed to post our games?  I kinda think this is all we're going to get.

Also, are you de facto TWC right now?

mikey

yeah he pretty much is.  We could do a vote for new TWC, but nobody will ever be as good as bird and mashi
unmotivated

davy

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 17, 2016, 09:13:12 PMDavy, are we allowed to post our games?  I kinda think this is all we're going to get.
Yes, you are allowed to post your games. On that note, hosts should submit their games before july 22nd 10:00 AM CET

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 17, 2016, 09:13:12 PMAlso, are you de facto TWC right now?
Pretty much

If we can get one more player, I will be able to host the following game:

TWG XC: Spliter Personalities

1. Seer
2. Vigi
3. Guardian
4. Reviver

5. Seer
6. Vigi
7. Guardian
8. Reviver

9. Seer
10. Vigi
11. Guardian
12. Reviver

13. Seer
14. Vigi
15. Guardian
16. Reviver

17. Seer
18. Vigi
19. Guardian
20. Reviver

21. Seer
22. Vigi
23. Guardian
24. Reviver

Players cannot target themselves with their abilities.

None of the players know who their partners are.

While there are twenty-four roles in this game only twelve players will sign up. All these players get a role and an anonymous account which also has a role. The role of the anonymous account will play for a different team than the role of the player. In other words: each player plays on two different accounts and plays two different roles for two different teams.

Teams win by eliminating all members from all other teams or when all other teams can't win anymore.

Players win when eighter one of their accounts win.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Maelstrom

This was a disaster last time I played something like this. I suggest checking thenold version for the problems that came up.

davy

I am fully aware of the problems that came up last time, because I hosted that game.

The problems with the previous version were as follows:

1. Teams that had the same player twice had a disadvantage over teams with four unique players
2. Teams with four unique players covered half of the player base in the game, which made it relatively easy for them to control the game.
3. Two of the teams ended up having nearly the same members.

I solved the first problem by adding that each player gets their roles from two different teams. I solved the second problem by adding two teams.

I'm not sure how to deal with the third problem though. Idealy, I create a way that makes sure that there are no more than two players that have the same combination of teams, but I'm not yet sure how to do that wile making sure people cannot figure out what kind of role combinations players have by abusing the rules.
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

TheZeldaPianist275

TWG XC: The Legend of Zelda

Wolves
1. Ganon - The great King of Evil.  Master Wolf who takes two hits to kill.
2. Gleeok - One of Ganon's strongest minions.  Wolf Painter who will always survive a KitB.
3. Gohma - Another of Ganon's strongest captains.  Wolf Shaman.

Humans
4. Link - The hero of Hyrule.  If he is given the sword, he will gain a vigi power to be used once per night.
5. Princess Zelda - The princess of Hyrule, gifted with great wisdom.  Herring.
6. Old Man - A mysterious old man who kickstarts Link on his great quest.  The Sword begins in his possession.
7. Old Woman - A mysterious old woman with great medicinal knowledge.  The Medicine begins in her possession.
8. Impa - A completely powerless aide to the princess with no special abilities.
9. Another Old Man - A crotchety old man with who will extort you if you accidentally destroy his personal property.  If killed, takes a random human down with him.
10. Another Old Woman - A wise old woman with a seering ability that can be used once per night phase.
11. Hungry Goriya - Miller.  Grumble, grumble.

Items!
Sword: Starts in the Old Man's possession.  Is useless unless passed to Link, after which point it grants Link a vigi power to be used once per night.
Shield: Reduces the effect of attacks on a player by 50%.  Starts in the possession of a randomly chosen player.  However, if the Shield is passed to Ganon, it will weaken him such that it only takes one attack to kill him.
Boomerang: Stuns a player and prevents them from speaking or sending a pm for the following night or day phase.  Can be used once per phase.  No player can be stunned two phases in a row.  It will be announced when a player has been stunned.  Starts in the possession of a randomly chosen player.
Medicine: Starts in the Old Woman's possession.  Can be used at any time to guard any player from any attack the following phase.  One-time usage.

Any item can be passed to any player via PM.  Simply PM me, with the name of the item you are passing, as well as the player you are passing it to, in bold.  The pass will take effect at the start of the next phase.  Players can hold more than one item at a time.  If a player is killed while in possession of an item, that item will be out of use for the remainder of the game.  However, if someone is killed in the same phase that they choose to pass an item, the pass will still take effect.

Maelstrom

How does a 50% reduction of attacks even work?

TheZeldaPianist275

If you happen to have the shield and were wolfed, you would survive, and would require another wolfing/lynching/vigi to be finished.

Another way of thinking of it is that if you start the same with one hitpoint, the shield gives you two.

Maelstrom

So the game's basically over if Ganon gets it?

Olimar12345

But isn't it the sword of evils bane? Shouldn't he not be able to touch it?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

Olimar12345

TheZeldaPianist275

Mael made a good suggestion about the shield's effect on Ganon and the game has been updated accordingly

davy

A large block of text of my trying (and for the most part succeding) to make my game balanced.
Okay, I think I got a random way to make sure no two players get the same combination of colours.

There is a total of 15 different two-colour combinations (5+4+3+2+1). We only need 12 unique colour combinations, so we can remove three of them. Since we need an equil amount of every colour, we need to remove one colour combination for each color. Fotrunately, since we have six colours and combinations of two colours, this works out.

So we ask random.org to randomnize a list containing all six colours, then pair up colors one and two, three and four and five and six as the combinations to remove. For example:

Red
Blue
Green
Orange
Purple
Pink

Gets randomnized as:

Orange
Red
Blue
Green
Pink
Purple

This means we remove the colour combinations Orange/Red, Blue/Green and Pink/Purple. This leaves us with the following twelve colour combinations:

Orange/Blue
Orange/Green
Orange/Pink
Orange/Purple
Red/Blue
Red/Green
Red/Pink
Red/Purple
Blue/Pink
Blue/Purple
Green/Pink
Green/Purple

We then randomnize this list:

Red/Pink
Green/Pink
Orange/Purple
Blue/Pink
Red/Green
Blue/Purple
Orange/Green
Red/Purple
Green/Purple
Orange/Pink
Red/Blue
Orange/Blue

Then we randomnize the order of the colours in each combination and put the results in a table.

First ColourSecond Colour
1. PinkRed
2. GreenPink
3. OrangePurple
4. PinkBlue
5. RedGreen
6. PurpleBlue
7. GreenOrange
8. RedPurple
9. GreenPurple
10. PinkOrange
11. RedBlue
12. OrangeBlue

Now for each colour we randomnize the powers (seer, vigi, guard or reviver) and put them into the table in that order. For pink, the powers get randomnized as follows:

Vigi
Reviver
Guardian
Seer

So the table will be updated as follows:

First ColourSecond Colour
1. VigiRed
2. GreenReviver
3. OrangePurple
4. GuardianBlue
5. RedGreen
6. PurpleBlue
7. GreenOrange
8. RedPurple
9. GreenPurple
10. SeerOrange
11. RedBlue
12. OrangeBlue

We randomnize the powers for every colour until we get this:

First RoleSecond Role
1. VigiReviver
2. VigiReviver
3. SeerVigi
4. GuardianVigi
5. GuardianSeer
6. ReviverReviver
7. GuardianGuardian
8. SeerSeer
9. ReviverGuardian
10. SeerVigi
11. VigiGuardian
12. ReviverSeer

Now we just need to randomnize the player list and the TWG Accounts and add them to the table:

First RoleSecond RolePlayer NameTWG Account
1. VigiReviverdajPikachu
2. VigiReviverNoctLink
3. SeerVigiTZPWaluigi
4. GuardianVigiAwesomeYearsBowser
5. GuardianSeerE. GaddSamus
6. ReviverReviverBDSYoshi
7. GuardianGuardianOlimarFox
8. SeerSeerdavyFalcon
9. ReviverGuardianBrainyLuigi
10. SeerVigishadowkirbyDK
11. VigiGuardianFireArrowKirby
12. ReviverSeerMaelstromMario

So even after all of that, team pink is still clearly the superior team, having access to 4 out of 6 vigi's and 2 out of 6 revivers. If they get together without any other team noticing (which would be quite an accomplishment), they would be the most likely to win. However, if other teams notice how strong team pink is, they are likely to team up against team pink, which would create a team with 4 revivers, 5 guardians and 2 vigi's as well as the majority in votes. So if team pink's power doesn't go unnoticed, they are the most likely to lose actually. With team pink out of the way, team blue becomes the strongest team, with 3 out of 4 revivers (remember, the team pink revivers are dead). However, team blue still has a small minority compared to non-blue-non-pink.

Additionally, I am unable to find a random method that prevents teams like team pink forming, but if any of you has a method, please tell me.
[close]