News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Nintendo to release NES in November

Started by Altissimo, July 14, 2016, 10:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocDoom2

Of course they reveal this AFTER I get the first four Mario games for VC...
I really want this for some reason, but I must resist.
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

TheZeldaPianist275

I'm not hugely excited about this, tbh.  It's a locked-out box--the 30 games are all you get.  Not allowing it to be compatible with other NES games really decreases the appeal for me.

Olimar12345

Not to mention that your accessories won't be compatible either. *sowly closes the drawer whilst R.O.B., the gun, and the advantage all hold back rejection tears*
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

My brother told me he and my sister were going to get this for me for Christmas and I wouldn't buy it for myself so it sounds like a good gift. I own the games I really want already, but it's still a neat piece of hardware (software? How do we classify this thing). Wish it had EarthBound Beginnings on there, though.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nitro Indigo

Power Glove confirmed for HD NES. =P
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Olimar12345

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 15, 2016, 10:07:03 PMMy brother told me he and my sister were going to get this for me for Christmas and I wouldn't buy it for myself so it sounds like a good gift. I own the games I really want already, but it's still a neat piece of hardware (software? How do we classify this thing). Wish it had EarthBound Beginnings on there, though.

If it had EarthBound on it, I'd totally get it.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Seems weird to me that it wouldn't be on there after the big deal about releasing it on Wii U.

Olimar12345

It sure would make it worth-while, lol. I'm still debating whether or not to get it, since I own most of those games and a working NES with accessories and more. If anything, I'll pick up a couple of the NES controllers they'll sell separately. Those'll be hella for VC games.

SlowPokemon

Is the console going to come with a NES controller? If so I'd definitely try that out on VC too--I've never had a NES, it was a bit before my generation and I've always wanted to try out the real thing.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

Btw, you can just get an extra  for the console, or one for yourself for just $10, which would save you quite a bit if you don't want the NES itself.

mikey

a new controller would be great since the ones we have are all gummy and sticky (do the old controllers work with this one?)
unmotivated

DonValentino

Being unable to add more games is a huge letdown... It looks nice though, if there are no interesting games from Nintendo this holiday I'll most likely buy one of these. I do wonder if they will go on with a mini SNES and 64 if this is successful enough.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on July 16, 2016, 12:21:28 PM(do the old controllers work with this one?)

No, the new ones have connectors like the ones of the Wiimote so you can use them with it.

Maelstrom

I take back what I said about how Nintendo was going to ruin the emulation.

I will pass on this, but, if there is a SNES mini with Chrono Trigger and EarthBound, well, I'm in.

JDMEK5

This release made me excited but also slightly bummed as in my gaming career I have tracked down not only an NES system with 2 controllers, but also a handful of games such as Super Mario 1-3, LoZ and Zelda II (both in gold), and some smaller games like Q*bert. That being said, I was totes ready to buy till I learned that the controllers are different and there's no option to add more games. After that, I'm not really feeling a need. The world did need this though.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26