News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[NES] Kid Klown in Night Mayor World - "Beanstalk"

Started by MattB, July 12, 2016, 11:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattB

Completed by MattB
Hi there!

Presently, I've been working on the music of "Mickey Mouse III -Yume Fuusen-" also known in America as "Kid Klown in Night Mayor World ".
"Beanstalk" is the level music I'm interested in playing correctly.
Without further ado, here is the tune I am referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grwyEb8T344

(MIN 9:50)

Or:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GndZGXlU9Nc

I would appreciate very much if someone could help me :)

Best regards

MattB

Onionleaf

Hi there, welcome! I'd love to visit Argentina some day, I have a most wonderful pen pal who lives there. ^^

Have you worked on arranging for the piano before? I'm just wondering if perhaps you would like to have a go at arranging this piece while we'll be here to give support. It should be pretty easy to hear the notes in the melody line, so writing down the notes for the right-hand shouldn't take too long. Would you like to try that? :) In the mean time, either I or someone else can work on that left-hand for you.

If that doesn't sound appealing, then no worries, I can help you with this arrangement. Just thought this might be a good opportunity to practise some arranging in a supportive environment. ^^

MattB

Hi Onionleaf,

Thank very much for replying. 
Today, I tried to give a go to the notes for the right hand but before I show the outcome of my work, I must warn you (and every reader of this post) I don't know a good piano composer software.
Perhaps, you or one of the good people around can recommend one.

Ok, here we go:

KID KLOWN IN NIGHT MAYOR WORLD: BEANSTALK (LEVEL 3)
RIGHT HAND

/F4 A4 C5 F5 E5 D5 C5 A#4/

/A#4 C5 F5 D5 G4 A#4 A#4/

/F4 A4 C5 F5 E5 D5 C5 A#4 - G5 F5+A5 A#5 - D5 C5 A#5_C5 - D5 C5 A#4 A5- E4 F4 /

/E4 D#4 D4 - C#4 D4 E4 F4 A4 E4 A4/

:

If you hear the original tune, it may guide a bit I think ;)
I would apreciate your opinion and help (and readers') very much!

Best regards to you all!!!

MattB.

Onionleaf

Wowee, that is some fun arrangement code, my friend. :D I'm afraid it's a bit difficult to read, but it's a good start nonetheless! We folks here at NSM usually start our arrangement "careers" with a program called Finale Notepad. It's a really easy tool to use, but if you ever have any questions, we'd be happy to help. As long as you know how to read music, you'll be able to write out a simple melody line on the program, no problem. If all else fails, a simple sheet of music manuscript paper, a pencil and a keyboard at your side work just as well.

Hope that helps, and let me know if you're ever stuck on something. :)

(Thank you! I'm sure there are many wonderful places to see and visit in your city!)

MattB

Hi there!
           Unfortunately I coudln't make much of my arrangement work. Tried as I might, it still shows there's long way to go at the piano and with theory books for me.
Nevertheless, thanks to my pal Onionleaf I took courage and gave it a shot.
I find the result a bit odd but since this my first try, I can´t complain much.
Now, here is what I got so far...

I would appreciate your opinion and if possible "REAL GOOD" arrangement for both hands.

Huge thanks in advance!

See you around!

PS:To Oninoleaf, I´ve seen your work  :o you are some pianist!!!! :o I look up to you, thank you for your support.

MattB

Here is another try... I took a chance to try to complete it.
It is MMIII BTW

...Am I going in the right direction?  ???

MattB

Eventually I finished with the right hand but seemingly needs correction. It feels like I'm killing the tune  >:(
 I can't do more for the day,  maybe tomorrow

Regards.

mikey

From what I can see, yes, you are :D  I think we both know that what you've got so far isn't anywhere near being a complete sheet (heh rhymes), but you definitely have the basics down.  The only way to get better from here is to improve, ask questions, and sign up for piano lessons :P
Hopefully I'm not discouraging you, plenty of arrangers (including the great LATIOS212 himself), have started from the same place as you!  Just work hard!
unmotivated

MattB

It's true, basics is all I am by now, giving a try to a silly arrangement was a good experience, though.
Thank you for your message! :) I won't give up on hardworking, eventually I will succeed  8)

BTW, is it too late to ask for a real piano arrangement for [NES] Kid Klown in Night Mayor World - "Beanstalk"?

See you around, pal!

MattB

Another day, another chance.
Today my math worked better, unbelievable what a good rest can do!
It is half of the piece but sounds more... exact?  :-\ :-\

Comments are welcome!   :D

MattB

Well, right hand was friendly today but I got stuck, at some point my counting fails, perhaps I could use a little help from you to finish up, my friends.
Now, with the left hand I surprisingly found it easier to take from the tune (8ths and more 8ths). I isolated the basses sounds and the first part was easy to transcribe (hope that's not cheating) and If things don't change, I think I can do the rest of the notes for LH :)

Now here what I got by now:

I can't figure out the error in the end to complete it and I feel there is a missing time meassure in the red mark.
I wanted to upload the track for you to listen but soundcloud is taking ages to do it.

Would appreciate comments :)

Zeila

Hey there! I think I found the issue with the RH rhythms you notated (I didn't check the actual notes themselves, but they look like they're going in the right direction). Basically, the entire RH should be shifted to the right by 1 eighth note, with an eighth note on beat 1 in measure 1. Notice how the melody kind of "lags" it's entry. If that's a general or otherwise poor way of explaining it, the first note of the melody starts after the LH, and falls on the same note as the 2nd eighth note in the LH. The entire piece should be in 4/4 time. Here's a picture demonstrating what I mean:

In the future, if you're having troubles with finding the rhythm (as well as the notes), slowing down the song helps a ton (if you aren't already doing that). Also, trying to match up both the RH and LH parts can help. I don't know if there's an easy way to move all of the notes on whatever software you're using, but if you are indeed using Finale Notepad, I can do that for you (as well as edit some formatting stuff) once you post your MUS file. Btw, I don't think using audio manipulation is considered cheating, and I think some people on here do that in some form or another. Cheers!

MattB

Thank you very much for your help and support! :)  Feels great to have back up  ;D
I see what you mean and now you've pointed it out, seems to come clearer more and more. Now, yes, I'm using Finale Notepad which will take me some time to move the whole piece one 8th forward.  Would you mind if I finish up with the LH and then post the .MUS file for you to make the corrections? Also if possible little help with the ending? Thanks in advance!
Keep cool!  8)

Zeila

MattB

Hi there, Zeila!
I reached my limit for today and this is the most I can do.
You were absolutely right, the whole piece sounds like out of sync, like a broken music box.
Here's a screenshot

This might sound stupid but I am not really sure how to share the .MUS file to you. Am I going to get in trouble if I upload the MUS file to MediaFire (as .ZIP/RAR) and then post the downloading link? (Sorry for the stupid question)