Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Night of the Great Plains
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: AwesomeYears

[attachment deleted by admin]

AwesomeYears

A few things that I can't do;
Add the nice pedal marks.
Add percussion beats to the left hand from bar 1-8 and 17-24.
Add the BPM in.

TheZeldaPianist275

What a great song!

Is it just me, or does the percussion in the sections you're talking about have pitch?  It's late and I could be mistaken, but it sounds like one could conceivably replicate that on a piano just with normally playing the keys.

Bespinben

Measures 1-8:
*The OST uses audio effects like timed delays to give ambience. Specifically, every note is repeated twice after the principle and then decays. Don't confuse this with the actual notes. Keep it simple:

Revised
AwesomeYear's

Measures 9-16:
*Again, de-clutter the score of "audio FX" artifacts. The harmony introduced in m. 13-16 is always in parallel 6ths. Also, the 32nd notes are stylistic ornamentations and would better be notated as acciaccatura.

Revised
AwesomeYear's

Last 8 measures:
*I refer to this section as "last 8 measures" because the songs follows an ABAC structure, and so therefore a D.S. al Coda repeat system should be implemented to eliminate the redundancy of section A.
*ARRANGING. This is a situation where it's impossible to have a pitch-perfect transcription, and thus you must prioritize what belongs where. Lowering the octave of the choir voices and omitting the piano bass drone degrades the texture of the piece significantly. Instead, what you could have done was keep the bass drone and choir voices as they originally are, and use the LH to play the off-beat piano and psaltery accompaniment an octave higher than the OST (to prevent note overlap).

Revised
AwesomeYear's

Last 3 measures:
*Simple notes. You just got to hear them and write them. You don't need to know Abb(maj7) is derived from the Neopolitan of the Parallel Major of Eb minor (Gb major) to hear that the bass you wrote in m. 24 should be a half-step higher. That knowledge just helps when you're spelling accidentals. Be an artist, be creative, and use your ears.
*Interestingly, in your version, you bring back the bass along the choir ah's in their original octave, which completely changes the texture from what you had in the previous 5 measures. Arranging is about controlling the flow of sound and the contours of ranges and registers to create a fluid sonic soundscape.

Revised
AwesomeYear's

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bespinben

If you'd like to use these files, go ahead:
[MIDI] [MUS] [PDF] [MUSX]

Don't let Notepad limit your potential. You can still write great arrangements with it, just not good sheets. Do the music, and we can provide what Notepad lacks.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

AwesomeYears

Man, you guys are literally the best :D. Thanks for the input Bespinben, this information alone has taught young me a few things for later on!

Quote from: Bespinben on July 11, 2016, 06:13:41 PMDon't let Notepad limit your potential. You can still write great arrangements with it, just not good sheets. Do the music, and we can provide what Notepad lacks.
What a great quote! :)

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot