daj does "Rustboro City" (chill jazz mode)! ^^ [piano recordings~]

Started by daj, July 05, 2016, 10:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: Dudeman on May 23, 2017, 05:18:20 PMYO WHEN DID YOU GET YOUR USERNAME CHANGED SON

I MISS THAT WXP, IT HAD FLAVOR
Why don't you adopt it?

Dudemanwxp
innit

daj

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on May 24, 2017, 01:28:22 AMWhy don't you adopt it?

Dudemanwxp

hey if you wanna you can take it, yeah ;)

~

Anyway, I went ahead and did:

Bespinben's Dragonspiral Tower! :)
(yep this is how i'll be presenting my posts from now on)

It was a hell lot of fun and pretty awesome to learn in general! ^^ Bespinben's also got a revamped version of the sheet that you can find in the description of the video~

Enjoy :)

daj

Canalave City! :)
arranged by yours truly ^^

I love this track! :) And I was contemplating doing the NSM version, but my tiny hands couldn't make the spreads at the intro. So I did my own version, ahaha~

Enjoy!

daj

This is possibly the closest I've gone to 100% of my performance standard, hehe. Worked on it legit-ly for two months on-and-off, recorded it in one take with no edits in a moment of passion. And it's a beautiful arrangement with beautiful little virtuoso elements.

It's a piece I hold very dear to me. KH 358/2 is one of my favourite DS games, and Xion is one of the most awesome characters ever. This melody is beautiful, the KH harmonies never disappoint, and the way Miyano wrote this arrangement just gives so much space for the performer to create passionate moments.

Enjoy ^^

Maelstrom

daj

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 23, 2017, 05:27:27 AMIt's so good.

You have molested my heart, man :,)

In a...well, really subtle and...um, also cool way. hehe.

Onionleaf

Quote from: daj on July 22, 2017, 08:48:05 PMEnjoy ^^

I did enjoy this very much, thank you. The way you conveyed your own feeling and passion for this piece, through the music, was amazing.
The ebb and flow of the passages reminded me of ocean waves under a starlit sky. :)

daj

Quote from: Onionleaf on July 26, 2017, 02:01:27 AMI did enjoy this very much, thank you. The way you conveyed your own feeling and passion for this piece, through the music, was amazing.
The ebb and flow of the passages reminded me of ocean waves under a starlit sky. :)

Ahh i procrastinated on this reply! >< So sorry for that, thank you so much for listening in - and thank you for mentioning the passion. This is a work that's so dang close to me, and it's inspiring to hear that you felt that :,)

Anyway, new video! ^^ Except, it's not mine - it's a collab that I've been working on with singer-songwriter-geek Jayhan on Youtube! She reached out to me with so much drive and earnesty to do something that wasn't VGM, and I was sold :)

This is a project that shows a slightly different side of my playing, I guess - what you see on the music stand is a haphazardly typed out structural guide. The whole piano part was improvised in acoustic rock style and done to a click. It was pretty nostalgic for me too, haha, kinda like reliving those old hippie band days <3

Do enjoy! ^^ And if you have time please check out Jayhan's channel, she did the ARMS Main Theme and Jump Up Super Star! ^^ Just imagine how great those would sound with her voice~

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

daj

Quote from: BrainyLucario on August 24, 2017, 06:25:18 AM10/10

Thank you so much man, always nice to know there are people checking out these slightly less common things ^^

Anyway! It's one of my own thingies, but I thought it was worth sharing.

A while back, someone requested Rustboro City on this site. I decided to give it a spin, so I arranged it with no reference, but somehow this came out of that instead of a decent arrangement. :p Thought it was cool, so I uploaded it on my channel, but I knew it would never make it on-site xD

Give that a year or so, and I decided I was ready to give this a spin live :)

Enjoy!~