oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

daj does "Rustboro City" (chill jazz mode)! ^^ [piano recordings~]

Started by daj, July 05, 2016, 10:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daj

daj does youtube, yay!
well, then.
it took me about seven months to realise that i can't keep an OP (or even a page on my website) updated for nuts.
so um, i'll try my best, but no promises. xD

~

the channel!

welp i gave up updating this op haha hope ya don't mind </3

If you want your sheet played, feel free to request it! ^^
If it's playable and fun I'll definitely give it a shot~

daj

Live Record: Pokemon DPPt - Route 216, 2 Pianos.

First proper live recording I've done in a long, long time.

The video hasn't been made yet, and it'll be up tomorrow! But I'm ultra-excited about this aaand you guys are awesome, so I'll drop a little preview on the site first.

https://soundcloud.com/darren-ang-7/route-216-master-1/s-0H4kb
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/darren-ang-7/route-216-master-1/s-0H4kb[/soundcloud]

The soundcloud link above is the exact track that will be playing as the video shows once it's published! ^^

It's been a crazy journey working with this piece. Heck, it's been fun. Tomorrow I'll probably publish the video accompanied by a wall of text to explain how close it is to me. But yeah, two-piano cover is coming, whoopee!~

daj

Full Release: Pokemon DPPt - Route 216, 2 Pianos.
Dang, that was some journey. Five weeks of not-even-continuous practice, a crazy score, and a whole lot of passion for a piece that really means a lot to me.

Got lots to say buuuut I don't want to flood this thread and spoilers suck, so I'll leave it to links.

CLICK HERE FOR ALL THEM FILES ^^

that includes:
- track notes, in case you felt like knowing a little more about what this piece means to me (though, no obligations haha)
- a Sibelius pdf of the original 2-piano arrangement
- a Sibelius pdf of the solo piano reduction in case you don't have four hands
- the project art

Enjoy!~

daj

Full Release: Six Generations of Pokemon Home Town Themes - Piano Mashup! ^^

(i do a little speech at the end of the video if you're interested in those thingies ^^)

So, I've been brewing this idea for months. A few weeks ago I reached out to a bunch of arrangers here to steal their arrangements, and they've very graciously let me do so ^^

It was crazy. Needless to say :p

All my thanks goes to these awesome arrangers:

Latios212 (Pallet, Twinleaf, Vaniville)
Brawler4Ever (Pallet)
Deku Trombonist (New Bark)
JDMEK5 (Nuvema)

Thank you for letting me destroy your scores <3

~

As an NSM special, here's the PDF! ^^ I don't intend to release this unless lots of people start asking for it, so um...yeah~
https://app.box.com/s/eopod19afwfojlematp862j06281c6n6

Thanks for everything guys! ^^ Much cheers~

daj

I do my own Route 209, and there's a sheet that moves along with the music in case you read those! ^^

Enjoy~

As a side note, I'd love to hear feedback and criticism on anything possible! ^^

This includes the video presentation and audio quality - I've tried pretty hard to get a nice product on both sides of these, so if there's anything at all that you think sticks out, please do tell me! ^^ I'm talking camera angle, lighting, mic placement and all - you don't have to know the technical details, I'd just love to hear your opinions :)

Many cheers!

AmpharosAndy

In regard to camera and lighting stuff I think it's all great but I'm not much of a tech whizz. I don't know if I commented previously on this arrangement but it's one of my favourites that you've done because the original is so complicated and ... sinnoh. You've managed to make it doable and funky, which is awesome. My only problem lies with the chord the end of bar 29 as it's a bit weak. That said, I have no idea how you could change it because the parts lead there e.g. bass fits in the descending line. I've spent a minute or two having a look and I can't cleanly add the f sharp my heart desires :P   
innit

daj

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on May 09, 2017, 01:59:50 AMIn regard to camera and lighting stuff I think it's all great but I'm not much of a tech whizz. I don't know if I commented previously on this arrangement but it's one of my favourites that you've done because the original is so complicated and ... sinnoh. You've managed to make it doable and funky, which is awesome.

Hey, thank you so much for watching! ^^ And for your comments on the arrangement haha, that was a real labour of love :)

QuoteMy only problem lies with the chord the end of bar 29 as it's a bit weak. That said, I have no idea how you could change it because the parts lead there e.g. bass fits in the descending line. I've spent a minute or two having a look and I can't cleanly add the f sharp my heart desires :P

I love this comment so much. Yes, I completely agree, and you even mentioned f-sharp <3

When I took a look back at this after releasing it, I noticed that chord too - and then I checked up my four-part harmony and realised I'd made one of the biggest noob mistakes possible: no third. And that's a diminished (with added seventh) chord haha, making it painful and empty as hell. But yes, I thought somewhat in the process you were thinking with, and realised the F-sharp couldn't really fit anywhere.

But now with the theory in mind, I've found two options; from bass to sop:D#-F#-C#-A or D#-C#-F#-A. It makes the middle voice movement a bit weird, but some performance tweaks can be made for that ;)

...ahaha, you awoke my theory nerdism. But thank you for looking so closely at a bunch of notes, appreciate it <3

AmpharosAndy

D#-C#-F#-A yeah I agree. That'd spruce it up a tad :)

Just going to leave a poco rall Eb-Bb-C-D-G-A here... *cough splart cough* (Never listen to Andy's chord suggestions)
innit

daj

The ORAS Ending Theme! ^^ It's a big one, ahaha.

(p.s. prizes go to anyone who spots all five mistakes hehe)

Enjoy~

(p.p.s. i actually dont have prizes welp)

daj

I do my Eterna Forest for two hands! :)

Anyway, for anyone viewing this - I'd like to shotgun one recording from any Pokemon main game! So if you have a score you want heard feel free to suggest it haha, there's about a 70% chance i'll do it~

daj

Did my "National Park"! It was...tough. Ahaha.

Enjoy! :)

E. Gadd Industries

That was awesome! I don't see how you were able to play that, especially the intro! It looks crazy difficult! X)
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

daj

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on May 23, 2017, 07:41:21 AMThat was awesome! I don't see how you were able to play that, especially the intro! It looks crazy difficult! X)

Ahh thanks for staying to listen E Gadd! :)

The intro is a lot easier than it looks if you've done enough of these thingies haha. ^^; Especially since I cheated a lot using both hands, but I guess you're supposed to do that in cadenzas? :p Ahaha.

The hardest part is undoubtably the final section, because it's really rhythmic and needs to be quite crisp to make it sound good. I don't think I fully nailed it in this recording too...but I'm really happy that you enjoyed it, so thank you for stopping by! ^^

Dudeman

YO WHEN DID YOU GET YOUR USERNAME CHANGED SON

I MISS THAT WXP, IT HAD FLAVOR
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

daj

Quote from: Dudeman on May 23, 2017, 05:18:20 PMYO WHEN DID YOU GET YOUR USERNAME CHANGED SON

I MISS THAT WXP, IT HAD FLAVOR

like, half a year ago haha. derp.

Weeelllll it had flavour but it definitely couldn't be pronounced properly by any normal human sooooo xD