NSM Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NinSheetMusic is 13 years old!

Author Topic: dajwxp - Full Releases! ^^ (140816: All Pokemon Home Town Themes, Piano Mashup~)  (Read 648 times)

daj

• Star Fox Salsa
  • much musics many yay
    • View Profile
    • wew, a personal page thingy! ^^

full releases!
i.e. my more serious full release/proper recording thread~

the channel!

Latest Full Release: Six Generations of Pokemon Home Town Themes: Piano Mashup

Next Full Release: Pokemon DPPt - Eterna Forest, Two Pianos.

Full Releases
big music projects.

Full releases involve taking a pretty complicated arrangement and taking it all the way to a polished live recording. It involves finalising the arrangement, doing up some nice art, publishing a nice score+audio video with a finalised pdf, and finally, releasing the live recording, which is properly recorded and edited, then mastered to a kinda-commercial standard.

I'll mostly, if not always, be doing two-piano arrangements for full releases. It is really tough. I need to lock your parts as exactly to the click as possible, so that I don't have to play too many funny moves during the editing stage, and those who have recorded know how tough it is - just imagine recording a part locked to a click. Holy crud, it is tough. The parts aren't exactly easy too, so the total practice time for each part can go up to around eight hours or so. The Route 216 took about fourteen hours in total to bring up to recording standard.

But big projects are challenging because they test so much more than your solo technique. And hey, challenges are good.

archive:

Released 060716
Pokemon Diamond - Route 216, 2 Pianos.

Spoiler
[close]
~

Released 140816
Six Generations of Pokemon Home Town Themes: Piano Mashup

Spoiler
[close]
~
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 04:28:03 AM by dajwxp »

daj

• Star Fox Salsa
  • much musics many yay
    • View Profile

Live Record: Pokemon DPPt - Route 216, 2 Pianos.

First proper live recording I've done in a long, long time.

The video hasn't been made yet, and it'll be up tomorrow! But I'm ultra-excited about this aaand you guys are awesome, so I'll drop a little preview on the site first.

https://soundcloud.com/darren-ang-7/route-216-master-1/s-0H4kb
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/darren-ang-7/route-216-master-1/s-0H4kb[/soundcloud]

The soundcloud link above is the exact track that will be playing as the video shows once it's published! ^^

It's been a crazy journey working with this piece. Heck, it's been fun. Tomorrow I'll probably publish the video accompanied by a wall of text to explain how close it is to me. But yeah, two-piano cover is coming, whoopee!~
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 10:44:22 AM by dajwxp »

daj

• Star Fox Salsa
  • much musics many yay
    • View Profile

Full Release: Pokemon DPPt - Route 216, 2 Pianos.
Dang, that was some journey. Five weeks of not-even-continuous practice, a crazy score, and a whole lot of passion for a piece that really means a lot to me.

Got lots to say buuuut I don't want to flood this thread and spoilers suck, so I'll leave it to links.

CLICK HERE FOR ALL THEM FILES ^^

that includes:
- track notes, in case you felt like knowing a little more about what this piece means to me (though, no obligations haha)
- a Sibelius pdf of the original 2-piano arrangement
- a Sibelius pdf of the solo piano reduction in case you don't have four hands
- the project art

Enjoy!~

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 10:44:01 AM by dajwxp »

daj

• Star Fox Salsa
  • much musics many yay
    • View Profile

Full Release: Six Generations of Pokemon Home Town Themes - Piano Mashup! ^^

(i do a little speech at the end of the video if you're interested in those thingies ^^)

So, I've been brewing this idea for months. A few weeks ago I reached out to a bunch of arrangers here to steal their arrangements, and they've very graciously let me do so ^^

It was crazy. Needless to say :p

All my thanks goes to these awesome arrangers:

Latios212 (Pallet, Twinleaf, Vaniville)
Brawler4Ever (Pallet)
Deku Trombonist (New Bark)
JDMEK5 (Nuvema)

Thank you for letting me destroy your scores <3

~

As an NSM special, here's the PDF! ^^ I don't intend to release this unless lots of people start asking for it, so um...yeah~
https://app.box.com/s/eopod19afwfojlematp862j06281c6n6

Thanks for everything guys! ^^ Much cheers~

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.