News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Static's Arrangements - NEW: Resident Evil, .hack

Started by Static, July 02, 2016, 10:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Shouldn't that be an A on the bottom of the second chord in the RH? It doesn't quite sound right as is.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Static on July 15, 2017, 12:29:42 AM
[NES] Super Paper Mario - "Today's Story"
Have to be nitpicky, but I never realized that Super Paper Mario was originally released for the NES.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Static

I moved the A in that chord to the bottom and also made some other tiny adjustments.

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on July 15, 2017, 04:32:55 AMHave to be nitpicky, but I never realized that Super Paper Mario was originally released for the NES.
It was actually.

definitely an original screenshot

also the [NES] in the post has been changed to [Wii]
[close]

The Deku Trombonist

Static

Oops, my apologies, that makes more sense now. I changed the G to an A on the chord on beat 2 of m1 and m3 and reverted the chord on beat 3 of m1 back to how I originally had it.

Static

[SNES] Chrono Trigger - "Secret of the Forest"
[.MID] [.MUS] [.MUSX] [.PDF] [Original]

I love this song, it's definitely one of my top 5 tracks from Chrono Trigger, but figuring out how to arrange it in a way that is pianist-friendly, isn't just a plain and bland transcription of the original, and doesn't take too much from the masterful and genius Zohar arrangement was really tricky. After experimenting at my keyboard a bit I came up with what I have here. My arrangement has a noticeably darker feel to it than the original because of the way I moved around the parts but it sounds pretty nice on piano. Any feedback for this one would be greatly appreciated, as always.

Brassman388

It really hard to not replicate what other arrangers done, especially Zohar.

Good stuff, tho.

I'll come back with some actual contributing words and such regarding your arrangement.

Static

Quote from: Brassman388 on July 20, 2017, 08:57:44 PMIt really hard to not replicate what other arrangers done, especially Zohar.

Good stuff, tho.
Thanks!

[SNES] Final Fantasy IV - "Battle with the Four Fiends"

This is one of my favorite battle themes from the entire series, so of course I had to take a stab at it. The song is filled with all sorts of weird rhythms and has a really involved and important percussion part that drives the whole song (much more than in most other FF boss themes). I took full advantage of all this when arranging and tried to make it feel just as energetic and unsettling as the original, if not more. As always, feedback is very much appreciated.

EDIT: The sheet has been modified for playability and is now much more suitable for playing and performing.

Static

[PS1] Crash Bandicoot - "Slippery Climb"

I've been itching to try to arrange something from the Crash games. A lot of music from these games is either really ambient or relies a lot on percussion, or both. Honestly, this song probably wasn't the best choice to try to arrange for piano lol but I stuck with it nonetheless. Anyways, it's a really weird song with all sorts of strange accidental things and percussive things. As always, feedback would be much appreciated.

Onionleaf

I always visit your thread knowing that I'll be amazed at your arrangements - you seem to always take on a challenging piece and come back with something entirely unique. I really liked your most recent Final Fantasy battle theme, so much drama in just three pages!

Static

Thank you so much, it means a lot! I'm really glad you enjoy taking a look at my arrangements! I always try to make my arrangements stand out from others in some way, and I worked especially hard on that FFIV one so it would have that same dramatic flair as the original. Again, thanks for taking a look at my sheets!

Static

[PC] Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea - "Versus Samekichi"

Wadanohara is a great little indie JRPG that I just got into, and one thing that really stuck out to me was the music. Though the instrumentation in the original (which is just basic midi stuff) is lacking, the actual quality of the compositions I find to be quite good. It was a little tricky to arrange this because of all the different harmonic and rhythmic layers but I eventually found a solution that distinguishes the main sections of the song and keeps the harmony sounding consistent and exciting on piano. What works in the original doesn't really translate well onto piano so I experimented a bit. As always, feedback is greatly appreciated.

Static

[PC] Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism - "A Flower-Studded Sake Dish on Mt. Ooe"

I never really cared for this song while playing the game or just casually listening to it, but after arranging it and noticing all the cool harmonies and countermelodies (as well as that awesome sax and trumpet call-and-response thing going on), I'm starting to really appreciate how well-composed this song is. It matches Yuugi perfectly. Compared to some of my other Touhou sheets (like Heian Alien or Phantom Ensemble), I took a much more simple approach to this arrangement. Hopefully it worked out, I think it did at least lol.

[PC] Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea - "Versus Laurentia"

As soon as I heard this theme, I knew I had to attempt an arrangement of it. So, here it is! This is one of the craziest, most insane sheets I've ever made, and I'm really proud of the fact that I actually finished it lol. There's a ton of strange harmonies, complex rhythms, and fast runs. It's not really a catchy song, but I enjoyed arranging it and listening to it nonetheless.

Static

In the midst of things like marching band, auditions, finalizing summer school assignments, and a bunch of other stuff, there's one idea I had while looking at my number of completed arrangements. This idea was something I had to get done as soon as I could, after all it was quite exciting.

Today (or rather tonight), I'm here to present you all with 5 of my best arrangements to date. What better way to celebrate 100 arrangements than with something big? I think 5 final boss themes make a pretty big statement. All of these sheets are fairly simply written, as I was striving for playability. Hopefully I did a pretty good job with that. Anyways, please enjoy the new sheets! Feedback and criticism, as always, is greatly appreciated.

[SNES] Final Fantasy IV - "The Final Battle"

[SFC] Final Fantasy V - "The Final Battle"

[SNES] Secret of Mana - "Meridian Dance"

[SNES] Chrono Trigger - "Last Battle"

[SFC] Seiken Densetsu 3 - "Sacrifice Part Three"

Well, here's to another 100 great sheets in the future, I suppose.

LeviR.star

Congratulations on 100 sheets, Static! That's a very impressive feat! I can't wait to see even more amazing sheets!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements