Static's Arrangements - NEW: Resident Evil, .hack

Started by Static, July 02, 2016, 10:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianoth

You could also just move the notes with the special tools.

Olimar12345

Each note manually? That'd take forever. Ben's got the right idea here, I think!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Pianoth

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 21, 2017, 07:16:25 AMThat'd take forever.
There are literally 16 chords to move. It's not like it would take "forever" hahaha... Since the score is short, these are pretty much equivalent solutions. My solution is slower, but it's easier to explain and to understand ::)

Static

Quote from: Bespinben on April 21, 2017, 02:41:08 AMSo I noticed that you're facing the problem of trying to find just the right positioning for your arpeggio/chord roll markings: can't go too far right because of accidental s, but can't go too far left because of the barline. Solution? Add space globally to the beginning of each measure. Here's how:

Select the Measure tool.
Hold down the SHIFT key and click to select a region of measures where this occurs.
Right-click (CONTROL+click on Mac) and choose Edit Measure Attributes.
Add a value to the Extra Space at Beginning field; I would recommend somewhere between 24 and 36 EVPUs.
Click OK.
Quote from: Pianoth on April 21, 2017, 02:53:08 AMYou could also just move the notes with the special tools.

Thanks for the tips you guys! I ended up going with the measure spacing method just bc that seemed quicker, but I'll take note of the other way as well; I never know when I may need to do that. Thanks! Files should be updated now.

Latios212

Sometimes a note moved using the special tools tends to snap back when something else in the measure is edited. I try to avoid using that if possible, but sometimes it's unavoidable.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianoth

Yeah I know, it's a thing that must be done at the end of everything. Actually, in this case, both LH and RH should be moved, so I would also prefer to use the measure tool (you can also manually drag notes with that btw, and it moves both LH and RH). The solution I suggested is more appropriate when you need to do a small and quick fix. I think it's mandatory only in the case you need to move only one of the layers (the measure tool moves every layer), or when you need to move a note/chord in only one of the staffs.

Static

[PC] Touhou 16: Hidden Star in Four Seasons - "A Star of Hope Rises in the Blue Sky"
[.MID] [.MUS] [.MUSX] [.PDF] [Original]

One of the most common, biggest problems you could make as an arranger is making an uninteresting arrangement, and the Touhou series' OSTs make it really easy to fall in this trap; so many sections repeat over and over with only slight variations. And while admittedly I have fell in this trap before several times, for this arrangement I tried to make sure to make every section, even if it's repeated, is unique in some way. I think it worked pretty well overall.

Some other things:
- I'm not 100% on the exact title translation, but I see this one most often as of now.
- The glissando playback in m64 isn't right, and I don't know what exactly is the problem. It's not too big of a deal anyway though since it's just the playback.
- Some of the bassline sounds off (like in m5, m37, & m69), but the pitches I transcribed are accurate. You don't really notice this weird clash in the original because the bass is less prominent.

As always, feedback is greatly appreciated!

Static

[PC] Touhou 9: Phantasmagoria of Flower View - "Lord Usa's Elemental Flag"

Unlike with the previous arrangement, I decided to go with a more simple approach here. Honestly, the way I arrange stuff really depends on what the song is and how I see it to be the best on piano. For something like this, I wanted to go with a clean and easy to read sheet, while still providing some challenge. Hopefully I did this pretty well, I thought so at least lol. As always, feedback is much appreciated.

Static

Dropbox has been very unreliable lately and has been making sharing my arrangements increasingly and unnecessarily cumbersome to the point where all of my current links have been disabled for no real reason, so I've changed all my links on my OP to Google Drive links, and will be using Drive from now on as my primary file host.

If anyone wants access to other files that aren't on my OP for whatever reason (either removed or featured in an update), let me know and I can get you the files.

I apologize for the inconvenience if anyone had trouble accessing any of the files here today.

Static

[DS] Kirby: Squeak Squad - "Main Menu"

[DS] Kirby: Squeak Squad - "World Map"

[DS] Kirby: Squeak Squad - "Level Map"

All 3 of these are pretty short, but they sound very peaceful and relaxing. I figured it'd be a good idea to get all 3 done in one shot since they sound really similar to each other. As always, feedback is greatly appreciated!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on May 13, 2017, 09:12:30 AM
[DS] Kirby: Squeak Squad - "Main Menu"

[DS] Kirby: Squeak Squad - "World Map"

[DS] Kirby: Squeak Squad - "Level Map"

All 3 of these are pretty short, but they sound very peaceful and relaxing. I figured it'd be a good idea to get all 3 done in one shot since they sound really similar to each other. As always, feedback is greatly appreciated!

Hey, these are great! Glad to see Squeak Squad getting some love! You beat me to World Map, tho...

One question, though; shouldn't the treble line on Main Menu be an octave higher? Though, I guess that'd be pretty high; whatever you prefer, of course.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

I think the treble line is right where I have it. I could put it higher, but I don't think it would sound quite as good.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on May 13, 2017, 09:35:14 AMI think the treble line is right where I have it. I could put it higher, but I don't think it would sound quite as good.

True; depends on the piano.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

[SNES] Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - "My Paradise ~ Monstro Town"

This is one of my favorite tracks from the Mario RPG OST, and now finally I've been able to finish it. There's a lot of tricky chromatic accidentals in this one, but overall it's a fairly simple piece. As always, feedback is greatly appreciated.

LeviR.star

Hey, I remember looking at a draft of this! Nice work!