Static's Arrangements - NEW: Resident Evil, .hack

Started by Static, July 02, 2016, 10:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Static

[SNES] Super Mario Kart - "Race Fanfare and Countdown"
[.MID] [.MUS] [.MUSX] [.PDF] [Original/Original]

[SNES] Super Mario Kart - "Choose Your Driver"
[.MID] [.MUS] [.MUSX] [.PDF] [Original]

These were all really short and pretty easy to do, but I enjoyed doing them nonetheless and I am glad to have these finished. The menu theme in particular made for a really clean-looking 4-voice thing without me moving too many notes around. Feedback appreciated, as always.

Static

"This piece is what all true arrangers strive for."

[CDi] Zelda: Wand of Gamelon - "Main Theme"

It's been awhile since I posted an arrangement, I've just been so busy these past few weeks lol. More arrangements will come soon, I promise.

Anyway, I've been wanting to arrange something from this game for awhile and I'm glad I finally did. It's a pretty simple song, but the bassline is very interesting in the way it varies between long and short notes so often without actually changing the rhythm. When I arranged this, I tried to keep everything simple and clean and I think I did a decent job. Enjoy, you guys!

I gotta go now, my ship sails in the morning.

Static

[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Riverside Station"

I hear a lot about Super Paper Mario stuff being difficult to arrange, and I can't agree more there, but Thousand-Year Door definitely has its own fair share of weird songs. This one happens to be one of them. It's only one page long, but it took awhile to make. I tried to keep the sheet steady and always moving, but still have a sort of airy and floaty vibe. Hopefully I succeeded, I think it turned out all right.

Static

[PC] Touhou 9: Phantasmagoria of Flower View - "Poison Body ~ Forsaken Doll"
[MID] [MUS] [MUSX] [PDF] [Original]

I actually finished this yesterday lol but I forgot/was too lazy to post, but here it is! 3/2 isn't very common in vgm I've noticed but this whole song is in it, it's pretty neat, though the song itself isn't very complex.

Static

[SNES] Live A Live - "Megalomania"

I bet you weren't expecting this!

I've been wanting to arrange something from this game for awhile, and since I noticed no one on here has arranged something from this game yet, I'd do one of the more well-known pieces. It wasn't very difficult to arrange, but it was a lot of fun. I might consider doing more songs from this game in the future...

Static

[SNES] Pilotwings - "Light Plane"

It's been awhile, too long. Almost 3 weeks in fact. I've been spending a lot of my time playing Breath of the Wild and doing other stuff so that's probably why I haven't been arranging for awhile. But today I prepared a classic sheet. I really enjoy the original Pilotwings OST, it's fun to listen to. Like the others, Light Plane has a lot of weird harmonies, chords, and accidentals, but I think the sheet came out all right. Any feed back is greatly appreciated, as always.

Static

[MUL] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - "Battle (Field)"

It's been way too long again, but I'm finally here with another arrangement! And a Breath of the Wild one at that. This song took awhile to do because it's quite complex and challenging, but I'm pretty satisfied with the result.

The only problem is, there are actually several different versions of the battle theme, including a remixed version when fighting Lynels or Yiga Clan members. The version I arranged was the version on the official OST, up until about the 1:44 mark, when it shifts to one of the various other versions. I might get to the other variations of this song eventually, but for now this will suffice. Hope you guys enjoy, and as always, feedback is greatly appreciated!

Static

[DS] Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - "Gritzy Desert" (Replacement)

The version on site is in great need of a replacement, so here it is! I actually arranged this on my keyboard while playing it and then wrote it down after - different from how I usually do things, but it paid off enormously. I think this arrangement came out really well. As always, feedback is appreciated!

Sebastian

Nice work! I've been wanting a replacement for this one for a while. : )
Keep up the great work.

Static

Quote from: Sebastian on April 19, 2017, 05:06:54 AMNice work! I've been wanting a replacement for this one for a while. : )
Keep up the great work.
Thanks!

[N64] Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - "Factory Inspection" (Replacement)

Another song absolutely needing a replacement, and one of my favorite Kirby 64 songs. I've always wanted to arrange this, and I'm glad I finally got a chance to now. Those cluster chords towards the end were fun to make, I'm not sure if there's a better or easier way to make them, so if you know about them please let me know. As always, feedback is greatly appreciated!

Pianoth

Quote from: Static on April 20, 2017, 02:13:05 PMThose cluster chords towards the end were fun to make, I'm not sure if there's a better or easier way to make them, so if you know about them please let me know. As always, feedback is greatly appreciated!
The way you wrote them is fine, in my opinion.

LeviR.star

Static, you just read my mind. I was just thinking today, "I can't replace Factory Inspection myself. Is someone going to do it soon?"

Awesome job on this, Static. ;) Keep up the good work.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

[MUL] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - "Cave"

A nice, simple, relaxing little piece from BotW.

Bespinben

So I noticed that you're facing the problem of trying to find just the right positioning for your arpeggio/chord roll markings: can't go too far right because of accidental s, but can't go too far left because of the barline. Solution? Add space globally to the beginning of each measure. Here's how:

Select the Measure tool.
Hold down the SHIFT key and click to select a region of measures where this occurs.
Right-click (CONTROL+click on Mac) and choose Edit Measure Attributes.
Add a value to the Extra Space at Beginning field; I would recommend somewhere between 24 and 36 EVPUs.
Click OK.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday