Static's Arrangements - NEW: Resident Evil, .hack

Started by Static, July 02, 2016, 10:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

[PC] Touhou 10: Mountain of Faith - "Player's Score"
[.MID] [.MUS] [.MUSX] [.PDF] [Original]

Of all the songs in MoF, SA, and UFO, I think this is the one I hear the most.

I put this sheet under MoF's soundtrack because that's the first game the song appeared in and also only game where the track is listed in the Music Room. It's the same exact song used for SA and UFO though.

WaluigiTime64

There still hasn't been a good explanation for why Kanako's theme has been the game-over theme in almost every game since MoF.

Just One Thing:
I know the pedal is heavily implied, but throwing in "con pedale" wouldn't hurt.

Really good sheet though.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Purple1222119

I love your arrangements! Your Chrono Trigger ones are all really good! Keep up the good work!  ;D
My Youtube! Featuring Orchestrations of Nintendo music and more!
Latest Tracks: Super Mario RPG & Superstar Saga HD ReMIX

Static

[Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2 - "Rightside Down Galaxy"

Here's the inverted version. Also, while the video title may be Upside Dizzy Galaxy, I'm going off of the offical OST.

This was a fun song to do; lots of weird chords (some of which I'm not entirely sure on the accidentals for) and rhythms. This song gives me weird Super Paper Mario vibes for some reason, probably because of all the weird synth sounds used. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

The Deku Trombonist

Have you thought about adding an Ab to the chord on beat 2 of bar 13?

E. Gadd Industries

Oooooh! Now that is a fun Galaxy! (Minus the weird Fire Flower crate challenges)
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

LeviR.star

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 10, 2017, 03:26:34 AM(Minus the weird Fire Flower crate challenges)
When I was trying to unlock the green stars, I think that was my last one. :P

It's the Bob-Omb Blasting minigame of Galaxy 2. Took me forever.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

AmpharosAndy

One of my favourite video game levels with one of my favourite jimmies in the background! Fantastic arrangement, man. You've really captured the feel of the original and now I'm just listening to it on a loop XD

That darn fireflower balderdash... I never beat it :'(
innit

Static

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on January 02, 2017, 08:23:01 PMThere still hasn't been a good explanation for why Kanako's theme has been the game-over theme in almost every game since MoF.

Just One Thing:
I know the pedal is heavily implied, but throwing in "con pedale" wouldn't hurt.

Really good sheet though.
Thanks! I never got why that part of Kanako's theme is used as the game over theme either, but it strangely fits for some reason, even in the later games... Weird. Anyway, I added that pedal marking in, so it should be good now.

Quote from: Purple1222119 on January 07, 2017, 03:06:56 AMI love your arrangements! Your Chrono Trigger ones are all really good! Keep up the good work!  ;D
Thank you!

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on January 09, 2017, 11:16:35 PMHave you thought about adding an Ab to the chord on beat 2 of bar 13?
I have now. I added the Ab to m13 as well as m54 in the 2nd variation.

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 10, 2017, 03:26:34 AMOooooh! Now that is a fun Galaxy! (Minus the weird Fire Flower crate challenges)
I hate these too lol, but the rest of Rightside Down and Upside Dizzy Galaxy were great though.

Anyway, new arrangement time:

[GCN] Animal Crossing - "K.K. Cruisin'"

This was a really fun one to do. There's only like 5 chords repeated through the whole song, but they all sound nice and jazzy together. It's a blast to play too.

Static

[DS] Mario Kart DS - "Circuit 2 (Beta)"

The actual name of this song in the game's files is SEQ_CIRCUIT2, but Circuit 2 is the more well-known title. This song sounds like a mix of many different Mario Kart songs; it has the funky bassline of Shroom Ridge and Waluigi Pinball, the groove and background piano chords of Mushroom Bridge/City, and the drum style of MKDS's own circuit theme.

Maybe its lack of identity was why it was never included in the final game? Who knows.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Static on January 22, 2017, 11:21:07 AMMaybe its lack of identity was why it was never included in the final game? Who knows.
I'm going to go with the fairly popular opinion of "it was a placeholder" because it seems to make enough sense, considering it doesn't really match any of the courses.

Static

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on January 22, 2017, 12:33:05 PMI'm going to go with the fairly popular opinion of "it was a placeholder" because it seems to make enough sense, considering it doesn't really match any of the courses.
That seems very likely. The only course I think would match is maybe Mario Circuit? But idk the normal circuit theme works well enough there too.

Anyway, my quest for obscure arrangements continues with this:

[SNES] Super Mario Kart - "Vanilla Lake (Beta)"

This song isn't very well-known at all, I never even knew it existed until a few months ago. It doesn't really fit in with the Vanilla Lake setting at all imo, but it sounds good on its own. Also, it's in 12/8, which is really unusual for a Mario Kart track. There hasn't been another MK song in 12/8 until Thwomp Ruins.

An unfortunate side-effect of this being a 25-year-old game though is that prototypes are extremely rare, and most of the versions of this song on YouTube or anywhere else are generally recreations rather than the official track. I probably won't be submitting this anytime soon until I get some conclusive information on this, but it's nice to have it done at least.

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Static

I searched for Vanilla Lake on YouTube awhile ago and this came up. Got lucky I guess, lol