News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Static's Arrangements - NEW: Resident Evil, .hack

Started by Static, July 02, 2016, 10:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Static on December 11, 2016, 08:34:31 PM
[PC] Touhou 9: Phantasmagoria of Flower View - "Adventure of the Lovestruck Tomboy"
Welp, there's my cue.

Quote from: Static on December 11, 2016, 08:34:31 PMI was kinda surprised when I realized that no one on here has arranged Cirno's theme yet, so I figured I would lol.
Uh... well... I wanted to, but never found the time (plus I hate arranging from EoSD, despite my more recent fondness of it).

Quote from: Static on December 11, 2016, 08:34:31 PMthe PoFV remix has a lot more stuff going on and it just sounds better imo.
Yeah, that's very true (the bassline in the EoSD one is super boring), although I'm not too sure how much I like the PoFV one in general. It's mainly the bad synth that put me off.

Quote from: Static on December 11, 2016, 08:34:31 PMThe only thing I'm not really too sure of when I made this was the runs, particularly in bars 73 and 81.
I have no clue either to be honest. I'd leave them for now.

Quote from: Static on December 11, 2016, 08:34:31 PMOverall though, I would definitely say it's my strongest arrangement.
Hehe.. strongest...

Comments:
 - The notes all seem to be in order, although I would check for note values.
   - Particular ones would be from M.23-30, and M.12 being almost identical to M.8.
 - I believe the piano is doing a bit more from M.13-20. Could that be implemented?
 - Dynamics are a rather big issue with the latter half of this sheet. My suggestions:
    - M.50: forte, because it feels louder than the first section with those notes, and it would make it sound different.
    - M.66: mezzoforte, because it seems slightly louder than mezzopiano.
    - M.74: forte, to keep the volume going up.
    - M.82: mezzopiano, because it definitely sounds quieter than the section that precedes it.
    - M.84: (continued) mezzopiano/mezzoforte. Both for their own fairly obvious reasons.

Other than those minor things, this is an absolutely beautiful sheet. Keep up the good work!
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Static

Thanks for the feedback on the Cirno sheet, all those things you listed should be fixed now and the links are updated. That piano in the background in measures 13-20 and 58-65 was a little hard to hear, but I think I transcribed it right (hopefully lol).

Anyway, new sheet:

[SNES] F-Zero - "Red Canyon"
[.MID] [.MUS] [.MUSX] [.PDF] [Original]

I was going to include the other melody thing in bars 25-29 but I ended up deciding against it to make the sheet easier to play (especially at this speed) and look less messy. If anyone thinks I should throw the part back in though, I'd be happy to. Feedback appreciated, as always!

Static

[SNES] Chrono Trigger - "Black Omen"

[SNES] Chrono Trigger - "The Day the World Revived"

[SNES] Chrono Trigger - "Robo Gang Johnny"

[SNES] Chrono Trigger - "Gato's Song"

Man, I don't really know where to start with this lol. Basically I was on an arranging streak tonight and I wanted to see how many songs I could knock out. I think the results were pretty nice. With the exception of Black Omen, these are all quite short pieces, but they sound really nice. As always, feedback is greatly appreciated!

Static

[GCN] Animal Crossing - "10:00 P.M."

A nice short and easy song, as are most from the Animal Crossing series. I notated this in 6/8, but looking back, maybe 3/8 would suit it better? A second opinion would be helpful.

Also, the Cherry Blossom Festival version is here. I could not find the snowy variation on YouTube, but it is here along with all the other variations.

Maelstrom

SlowPokemon

It shouldn't be either one. It's a waltz, so it should be in 3/4.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

Oh, crap. I see it now. Oops. Yep, 3/4 is correct.

Static

Thanks for the help you guys! I think I was overthinking this one a bit lol

Anyways, all the files should be updated.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 19, 2016, 08:55:47 AMIt shouldn't be either one. It's a waltz, so it should be in 3/4.
Agreed^
I got that vibe too.

Just throwing this out there...but you could do 3/8.
Olimar's Comet Observatory as an example.

Static

[SNES] Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - "And My Name's Booster"

One of the catchiest songs from Mario RPG imo. I actually arranged this months before I joined NSM, but I wanted to take the time and revise what I had originally. This is the result, and I think it came out pretty well.

Static

[GCN] Super Monkey Ball - "Alternate Main Menu"

I'm probably not going to arrange another song from this game just because so many of them don't really fit on piano at all. This one was a fun experiment though. Feedback would be greatly appreciated, as always.

Static

[PC] Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom - "Ghostly Band ~ Phantom Ensemble"

I've been wanting to arrange this for awhile, so here it is! This one of my favorite 2hu songs. It was a bit tricky to try and fit so many different voices into a solo arrangement, but I think it all worked out. Also, for some reason the mordents in the 2nd layer (RH) in bars 53 and 61 don't play. Not sure if that's just a weird Finale quirk or something.

Dude

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.