News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Static's Arrangements - NEW: Resident Evil, .hack

Started by Static, July 02, 2016, 10:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on November 11, 2016, 09:41:11 PMYep, it's all good. Nice work!
This means I have nothing more to add, and I won't bother you further (unless you post more Touhou, in which case you know what to expect).
Cool.

[SNES] Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - "Weapons Factory" (Replacement)
[.MID] [.MUS] [.MUSX] [.PDF] [Original]

This song is just really weird overall. Its in 13/8, the key constantly changes although I think it's still C minor (a second opinion on this would be nice). I'm also not really sure on the beat groupings; I just sort of used the drums cuz thats all I really had to go by. Other than that though, this sheet came out really well and with relative ease.

Static

[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "Attack Theme"

This is definitely one of the more obscure Mario 3D Land themes (it only plays in like 3 levels in the entire game), and after rediscovering this one I've grown to really like it. It has a slow march sort of feel.

Static

[GBA] Mario Kart: Super Circuit - "Rainbow Road"

This is probably my favorite RR theme next to Mario Kart Wii's and Super Mario Kart's, probably because of the rock feel to it. Anyway, the hard part in this one was trying to find ways to incorporate the harmonies everywhere, especially in bars 60-66. The way I have it now is kinda cheap I'll admit, but it's really awkward to find a way to incorprate a steady harmony part when the melody goes all over the place lol. I'll probably revisit this one soon and see if I can find a better way to arrange that last part, but for now, it's all right.

WaluigiTime64

Great sheet!

- The intro is too fast.
 - For some reason the playback sounds like the sustain pedal is being used the entire time. I know it's not reverb because I exported a MIDI, and it kept that issue. The sustain pedal would definitely work in some areas (particularly M.1-6, M.7, M.52-59), but not plaguing the entire piece.
 - There were some points you could beam 8th notes over 8th rests.

That's about all I've got. Amazing work!
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Static

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on November 25, 2016, 10:14:35 AMGreat sheet!
Thanks!
 - The intro is too fast.
Fixed.
 - For some reason the playback sounds like the sustain pedal is being used the entire time. I know it's not reverb because I exported a MIDI, and it kept that issue. The sustain pedal would definitely work in some areas (particularly M.1-6, M.7, M.52-59), but not plaguing the entire piece.
I'm not sure why this is, as I didn't place pedal markings anywhere or adjust the reverb. Weird.
 - There were some points you could beam 8th notes over 8th rests.
I fixed this in bars 25-32 cuz the melody is there, but most isolated offbeat eighth note stuff (like bars 16 RH, 45 LH, etc) I kept unbeamed mostly because I've seen stuff like this very often in other similar-styled music and have done the same in other sheets of mine. If they absolutely need to be beamed, I'd be happy to change them, I'm just going by other stuff I've seen before lol

That's about all I've got. Amazing work!
Again, thanks!

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Static on November 25, 2016, 12:19:45 PM
Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on November 25, 2016, 10:14:35 AMGreat sheet!
Thanks!
You're welcome.

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on November 25, 2016, 10:14:35 AM- For some reason the playback sounds like the sustain pedal is being used the entire time. I know it's not reverb because I exported a MIDI, and it kept that issue. The sustain pedal would definitely work in some areas (particularly M.1-6, M.7, M.52-59), but not plaguing the entire piece.
I'm not sure why this is, as I didn't place pedal markings anywhere or adjust the reverb. Weird.
I'm not certain, but you might be able to fix this by copy-pasting the whole thing into an empty sheet.

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on November 25, 2016, 10:14:35 AM- There were some points you could beam 8th notes over 8th rests.
I fixed this in bars 25-32 cuz the melody is there, but most isolated offbeat eighth note stuff (like bars 16 RH, 45 LH, etc) I kept unbeamed mostly because I've seen stuff like this very often in other similar-styled music and have done the same in other sheets of mine. If they absolutely need to be beamed, I'd be happy to change them, I'm just going by other stuff I've seen before lol
Yeah, that's fine. I see that (and occasionally do that) too!

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on November 25, 2016, 10:14:35 AMThat's about all I've got. Amazing work!
Again, thanks!
You're still welcome.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Static

[GCN] Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - "Mushroom Bridge & Mushroom City" (Replacement)

This one sure came out of nowhere lol

The sheet for this that's on-site is just dying for a revision; the melody and rhythms are mostly wrong, the bassline is all wrong, the chords are wrong, and entire parts and sections have been omitted. But now, they've been fixed and I'm pretty satisfied with how it all turned out. Overall, it was a fun, short, and simple song to do.

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

Man, you've been on fire! Great work with these arrangements.

Sebastian

Double post.  8)

Quote from: Static on November 14, 2016, 09:37:10 PM
[SNES] Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - "Weapons Factory" (Replacement)
Thought I'd give a little feedback on this song since I love it so much and I've been wanting to see a replacement of it for so long!

Couple things:
- You seemed to have beamed this song in an interesting way. I don't think it should be beamed in the style of a -/8 song the way you have it. Don't get me wrong. The signature is correct (13/8), but I don't think the note beaming is correct. It should probably be beamed more like a 61/2/4 song.
For example, you have it beamed as 3+2+2+3+3. It would be better as 2+2+3+2+2+2. I hope that doesn't sound confusing :P
- I would recommend adding some sort of articulation (maybe staccato?) on the left hand eighth notes. The original seems to have more pomp. Same with the right hand of M. 5+
Maybe do something that is the opposite of M. 22 & 23. You have great articulation in those measures.
- Don't forget the "/" at the end of the url.

Nice job with this challenging sheet! You did a great job at hearing the notes.

Static

I fixed the beaming issues (thanks so much for that btw) and added that missing slash, but I kept the articulations the way I had them due to the fact that none really fit. The bassline and strings, while punchy, aren't really staccato (or anything else for that matter) imo. They seem more like just normal notes at least to me. I think the slur in bars 22-23 is enough to distinguish the two parts there.

All of the links I posted should be updated with the new set of files.

Static

I guess I'll continue this Mario Kart marathon thing I have going with this one lol

[DS] Mario Kart DS - "Peach Gardens"

I was originally going to put this in 6/8, but I think 6/4 kinda fits the song a little more. Any other suggestions on the time sig for this one would be appreciated cuz its kind of a tricky one lol

Sebastian

Static

Quote from: Sebastian on November 28, 2016, 07:46:44 PMOoo, 6/4. Nice! Looks pretty good.
Thanks!

[SNES] Chrono Trigger - "Courage and Pride"

I absolutely love these kind of march-y songs, and I absolutely love Chrono Trigger, so I thought it would be a good choice to arrange this song. I think it came out pretty well.

Edit: The formatting is updated and I rewrote some things to make it sound better.

Static

[PC] Touhou 9: Phantasmagoria of Flower View - "Adventure of the Lovestruck Tomboy"

I was kinda surprised when I realized that no one on here has arranged Cirno's theme yet, so I figured I would lol. I was originally going to do the original EoSD version, but the PoFV remix has a lot more stuff going on and it just sounds better imo. The only thing I'm not really too sure of when I made this was the runs, particularly in bars 73 and 81.

Overall though, I would definitely say it's my strongest arrangement.