Static's Arrangements - NEW: Resident Evil, .hack

Started by Static, July 02, 2016, 10:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

Another nice double update:
[Wii] Animal Crossing: City Folk - "Spring Blossoms"
[.MID] [.MUS] [.MUSX] [.PDF] [Original]

I've always wanted to do this one because I really love the chord progression and changes, I don't really know how else to explain other than that it sounds really cool. I still have to check this one over for slight rhythmic inaccuracies but it's in overall good shape at the moment.

[SNES] Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - "Let's Go Down the Wine River" (Replacement)

This sheet needs a replacement badly. I fixed up the title, completely cleaned up the L.H. part to make it consistent and more comfortable to play, and I replaced those weird 32nd note things with tremolos for a much easier to read sheet. This was again a lot of fun to work on (just like many of my other sheets lol), and I think it came out really nicely! I might do some other SMRPG fixes in the future maybe...

Also, this is unrelated, but I now have over 20 arrangements on this thread, so that's pretty cool.

Static

[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - "Title Theme" (Replacement)
[GCN] Animal Crossing - "K.K. Love Song"

Yet another pair of some of my favorite tracks. I really enjoyed arranging these, especially the Wind Waker one. As always, feedback is greatly appreciated.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

[SNES] Super Mario Kart - "Battle Mode"

[GBA] Mario Kart: Super Circuit - "Menu"

I've been meaning to do both of these for a long, long time and I'm glad I finally got a chance to this weekend. They're both pretty short, but they're cool pieces.

Yug_Guy

Nice! One small thing: you have the wrong copyright info for "Battle Mode". Other than that, they both sound excellent.

Static

Thanks!

Also thanks for catching that error for me, I forgot to change it after using a template I made lol

E. Gadd Industries

:OOOO I LOVE THOSE SUPER PAPER MARIO SONGS!
JesterMusician actually completed Gloam Valley a while back, but even upon request, they never submitted it. So I'm hyped to see this one (and Lineland Road) get on-site
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Static

[SNES] Super Mario Kart - "Mario Circuit" (Replacement)

This was a really weird song to do cuz every part is like really out of tune, plus the chords are hard to hear. But nonetheless I enjoyed arranging it and it's nice to finally have a replacement of it.

Sebastian

Excellent work!
I've been wanting a replacement of this song FOREVER. Nice job.

Static

Quote from: Sebastian on October 30, 2016, 08:26:50 PMExcellent work!
I've been wanting a replacement of this song FOREVER. Nice job.
Thanks, glad you like it!

Now here's another interesting new sheet that came out of nowhere:

[PC] Touhou 12: Undefined Fantastic Object - "Interdimensional Voyage of a Ghostly Passenger Ship"

I usually try to stick by my plans, but often I get sidetracked by other songs I really like; this happened to be one of them. This song was quite the challenge, but I think it came out pretty nicely. I'm still not really sure on a lot of the chords, so I'll be revisiting and revising this sheet in the future. Very fun song, though.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Static on November 04, 2016, 10:18:23 PMI usually try to stick by my plans, but often I get sidetracked by other songs I really like[.]
^ This is me all the time. I've stopped having plans at this point.

Quote from: Static on November 04, 2016, 10:18:23 PM
[PC] Touhou 12: Undefined Fantastic Object - "Interdimensional Voyage of a Ghostly Passenger Ship"
YES. My favourite song from this game!

Quote from: Static on November 04, 2016, 10:18:23 PMThis song was quite the challenge, but I think it came out pretty nicely. I'm still not really sure on a lot of the chords, so I'll be revisiting and revising this sheet in the future. Very fun song, though.
Welp... revision time:

Due to the nature of the song, an arrangement full of creative liberties is practically a given, and I like what you've done with it. The chords from M.53-68 are definitely a nice example. Some of the chords in earlier sections could have some work though:

Massive Image Wall with Some of the Chords
M.11-12:

M.15-16:

M.23-24:

M.35-36:

[close]

Also an important chord thing I didn't make an image of: Every time a measure similar to M.10 appears, the notes are playing octaves; there is no extra chord (like the ones you have in half-notes). Yes, this includes the section with the trumpets.

I don't know how this works, but apparently there's a way to make the left hand and right hand have separate audio channels. This is mainly important for M.69-72, but it only really concerns MIDI playback, so it might not be a worthwhile investment of time.

In the same measures, the "p" marking should probably be "ppp", because that's how quiet it sounds, which - unlike the previous suggestion - actually does affect how a pianist would read it.

I would give criticism for M.72-74, but I can't figure out those note values either. I would probably just throw "ad. lib" onto there or something, unless someone can be bothered to figure it out.

Besides that, I really like what you did with this arrangement! It kept that strange feel which the original song had. Nice work!
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Static

Thanks for taking a look at the sheet and pointing out those chords! I fixed them in that first melody section and also in the melody later in the sheet.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on November 05, 2016, 12:56:03 AMAlso an important chord thing I didn't make an image of: Every time a measure similar to M.10 appears, the notes are playing octaves; there is no extra chord (like the ones you have in half-notes). Yes, this includes the section with the trumpets.

Fixed this in measures 10, 14, 18, and 22, but I kept the chords in  measures 54, 58, 62, and 66 because there to be a richer and fuller-sounding part in that section, like in the original. I added to a lot of other chords in that Dm section as well.

I don't know how this works, but apparently there's a way to make the left hand and right hand have separate audio channels. This is mainly important for M.69-72, but it only really concerns MIDI playback, so it might not be a worthwhile investment of time.

Thanks for catching this; I meant to create separate channels, but I completely forgot to do it lol.

In the same measures, the "p" marking should probably be "ppp", because that's how quiet it sounds, which - unlike the previous suggestion - actually does affect how a pianist would read it.

Done.

I would give criticism for M.72-74, but I can't figure out those note values either. I would probably just throw "ad. lib" onto there or something, unless someone can be bothered to figure it out. [/size]

I'll look into this later and see if I can find a more distinct rhythm. I might just end up adding the ad. lib there instead, but idk yet.

The stuff in bold are my responses. Thanks again for reviewing the sheet!

WaluigiTime64

Any time. If I see Touhou/something else I'm interested in, I will likely review it.

Also two things:

When I said the thing about M.10, I meant those 8th notes are playing octaves. Sorry, that's on me for not clarifying/showing an image.

You did separate the audio channels, but for some reason the crescendo doesn't function. That's probably due to the placement of the "mp". I think having a second hidden "mp" on top of the right hand should fix this, but I'm not entirely sure.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Static

Both of those things should be fixed now, and the links I posted earlier are updated hopefully.

[DS] Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - "Yoshi Mountain"

This song just sounds so happy, making a really weird contrast to the events in the area, but it's also quite catchy. For the L.H., I tried incorporating both the guitar and bass parts into one single part, and I think it worked really nicely.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Static on November 11, 2016, 09:19:46 PMBoth of those things should be fixed now, and the links I posted earlier are updated hopefully.
Yep, it's all good. Nice work!
This means I have nothing more to add, and I won't bother you further (unless you post more Touhou, in which case you know what to expect).