NSM Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dekkadeci's VGM Piano Transcriptions: Shovel Knight - A Decisive Blow  (Read 1475 times)

Dekkadeci

• Ballad of the Belmonts
    • View Profile
    • Email

I'm actually sort of looking for help for this one.

Kirby Super Star Ultra's True Arena theme was extremely hard to transcribe completely accurately rhythm-wise--I doubt I got it 100% correct--and I've definitely omitted some accompaniment parts throughout and musical lines in Bars 2-9.

My transcription of the True Arena theme
https://musescore.com/user/9996931/scores/3157976

Kirby Super Star Ultra

The one time this song comes up in the Kirby Super Star Ultra OST, it's glued to the original Arena theme.

I mainly need input on whether I got the melody 100% correct and whether I need to reintroduce all the other accompaniment and Bars 2-9 musical lines. (If I do so, I'm changing their octave voicing--the E below low A sounds pretty ugly compared to the E below Middle C.)

LeviR.star

• Epona Elegy
  • The Game Boi Arranger ~ Game Boy Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Email

In terms of looks, it looks pretty nice to me (I'll listen to it when I get home). Oh, and thank you for doing this one; I was waiting for someone to do either The Arena or the True Arena; I attempted the former, but the SNES chords were too tricky for me.

LeviR.star

• Epona Elegy
  • The Game Boi Arranger ~ Game Boy Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Email

Oh, and I love the Prism Plains sheet! Loved the added ending to it, too.

Dekkadeci

• Ballad of the Belmonts
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dekkadeci's VGM Piano Transcriptions: Castle Crashers Necromancer Theme
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 04:25:20 AM »

Not really looking for help for this one, but given how popular and beloved it is, I'm not sure how I haven't seen piano sheet music for this one before (and the only set of guitar tabs I've found for it are inaccurate):

It's Simple Sight, the Castle Crashers Necromancer theme!

I throw in variations every time the verse or chorus returns. It gives the song more variety, IMO, but it makes it less strict of a transcription...

Dekkadeci

• Ballad of the Belmonts
    • View Profile
    • Email

Not quite looking for help for this one, either, especially considering how much I had to edit it from the actual notes of the source material in order to make it playable in the first place:
It's "A Decisive Blow (StreetPass Arena)" from Shovel Knight!

My transcription of "A Decisive Blow (StreetPass Arena)"
https://musescore.com/user/9996931/scores/3947556

Shovel Knight

Watch NSFPlay play this song:
(OK, you'll probably have to skip to 1:46:51 for "A Decisive Blow")

Jake Kaufman's complete Shovel Knight soundtrack source code is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56073318/Famitracker/Other%20Songs/Shovel_Knight_Music.nsf

Yup, I took the .nsf at Song 39, transcribed several channels' notes into Musescore, and omitted some other channels' notes.
...And this resulted in a mess that was impossible to play for solo piano. This sat around for years before I finally decided to make this more in the spirit of a Mozart symphony piano transcription (or a NinSheetMusic transcription, for that matter) and move some of the notes' octave voicings around.
Then, I trimmed some of the notes to make this easier to play.

The .nsf says that the C-D-E-F# run in Bar 15 is slightly rhythmically inaccurate, but my ears can't tell the difference reliably.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 24 queries.